Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Nenagh Eire Og 3-10 Thurles Sarsfields 1-16 - great game

Tipp Senior Hurling Final (FT) Nenagh Eire Og 3-11 Thurles Sarsfields 1-18

Hardest of luck to Nenagh.

Congrats to both Sars and Clonakenny and the very best of luck to them in the Munster and hopefully All Ireland series.

Can you see Thurles making a Munster final?

I think they'll find it very difficult...

Na Piarsaigh are no bad side and will be difficult to overcome. Overall very competitive. The Glen, Ballygunner, Sixmilebridge (with Gilly rolling back the years), Sars, and NaP from Limerick. Very open.

• Advertisement

Six mile knocked out today by Na Piarsaigh - Thurles go to the gAELIC Grounds now to face Na Piarsaigh

Six mile knocked out today by Na Piarsaigh - Thurles go to the gAELIC Grounds now to face Na Piarsaigh

Oh right that game was today? Good win for Na Piarsaigh. They wont be easy in the Gaelic Grounds. the other semi is in two weeks.

What do people make of the increase in Season Ticket prices?

Tbh the only incentive to buy this ticket is to guarantee a seat at an all ireland final that we may never actually qualify for.

For 99 euro, it covers a minimum of 7 Tipperary matches which works out at a little over 14 euro per match and cheaper if we qualify for the quarter final, semi and final of the league (10 per match in that case).

Yes there is a few extras thrown in from time to time but rarely would i be interested in attending club or league finals unless unless my own team were involved. Disappointed with this increase to be honest. I do realise intercounty teams cost more and more to train each year fair enough but the economic growth doesnt justify such an increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Congrats to Sarsfields. I have been at a fair few county finals down through the years and that match was as poor as any I have ever seen. No athmosphere, poor skill level, doesn't auger well for the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

What do people make of the increase in Season Ticket prices?

Duno tg.i never got one before just used always pay as i went but it definately doesnt sound worth it anyway.like you and others have pointed out here and on premierview you would want to be going to all the matches plus you would want to get a good run in the league i.e. making the final to justify it somewhat but theres always a couple of matches i cant go for whaever reason so i will just stick to paying as i go.did you have a season ticket last year?

• Advertisement

buggy beag wrote: »
    Duno tg.i never got one before just used always pay as i went but it definately doesnt sound worth it anyway.like you and others have pointed out here and on premierview you would want to be going to all the matches plus you would want to get a good run in the league i.e. making the final to justify it somewhat but theres always a couple of matches i cant go for whaever reason so i will just stick to paying as i go.did you have a season ticket last year?

Since the second year the scheme is in place that golden year of 2010

Plenty of club action Sunday

Commercials, Golden, and Upperchurch play Munster club football championship ties while Ballylooby and Clonakenny line out in the hurling.

http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/club-championships-2015/

Sars the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Thanks Tipp Gunner for this information.

In my view all Tipp Club Games should be played in Thurles in the case of Double Headers or in the case of next Sunday where there would be a possibility of a Treble header. I wonder if the fact that Clonmel Commercials are playing at 14.00 is an indication that game is going to be shown onTG4.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I do too. They are probably short 1 real top class forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

robbiezero wrote: »
    I do too. They are probably short 1 real top class forward.

As an outsider that watched the game I would have to agree. Think they will struggle up front. The backs are solid enough. Midfield decent enough too. Larry still looks fit but his senses seem to be slowing. You'd still have him on the team though, he almost snook through from a breaking man at one stage and you can be sure he'd have finished.

Also, I would agree with what one of the others said about the pace the game was played at, I thought it was lacking and the intensity levels were very low for a county final. Wasn't at the Kilkenny county final but have seen them before and they are played at a much higher intensity level.

The change needs to happen at club level before the county team can adapt.

Since the second year the scheme is in place that golden year of 2010

Oh what a year:)did you find it good valu up until now?

Oh what a year:)did you find it good valu up until now?

Generally yeah tbf. A football ticket is probably better value but there is alot more travelling involved.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Thanks Tipp Gunner for this information.

In my view all Tipp Club Games should be played in Thurles in the case of Double Headers or in the case of next Sunday where there would be a possibility of a Treble header. I wonder if the fact that Clonmel Commercials are playing at 14.00 is an indication that game is going to be shown onTG4.

if i was a Commercials player though in one sense it would be better to play in a pitch you are familiar with since childhood, although Commercials have a handy exciting young team that could flourish in Semple too. Its a tough one.

I see George Friend togged out for Middlesbrough tonight...

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/50/27/0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

I see George Friend togged out for Middlesbrough tonight...

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/50/27/0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

Fair play to the Toomevara man. Seems to be reversing in age. I suppose they might move for Johnny Quinn on the January sales such is the popularity of Georgie Friend?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thurles Sarsfields Club was rattled yesterday by the tragic death of one of their backroom team in a road accident. How times can change in a week. Young family left behind. He was a gent of a man and couldn't meet nicer.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Terrible Tragedy

Anybody hear anything about ryan dwyer being assaulted in england.supposedly unprovoked and hes stable in hospital with a head injury.hopefully he will be alright.

Anybody hear anything about ryan dwyer being assaulted in england.supposedly unprovoked and hes stable in hospital with a head injury.hopefully he will be alright.

Had heard that alright. Second your sentiments

Commericals and Clonakenny won today
    Upperchurch and Ballylooby defeated
    Sars and Golden next weekend.

Sars game going ahead as planned then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sars game going ahead as planned then?

It may not go ahead, more won't be known for a few days I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »

Good tight win. Would be brilliant to see them win Munster. There is no doubt they have some brilliant young talent with Quinlivan, The Kennedys, Ian Fahey, Seamus Kennedy, Jason Lonergan.

• Advertisement

Liam Kearns set to be ratified with Cracker and Brian Lacey as selectors. Personally i think thats a sound appointment. I think he can promote us and at the very least maintain us in Division 2. Great to see a loyal Tipp man like Cracker get involved. A true Tipperary football man. Lacey is a very knowledgeable man too.

Best of luck lads, Tipperary abú!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement