Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wide calf boots and jods

• 27-12-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Returning to riding after a few years and children so figure isnt the same as it used to be :( need a size 5.5 or 6 boot with a 16.4-17" calf - cannot find a pair without looking at silly money but i wont be competing (at least i hope not!!) just happy riding
    Also need size 16-18 jods - got a pair years ago in lidl (horrible brown colour) that fit great but i am truely embarrassed by the colour - any ideas warmly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

Coleman's of Sandyford (www.coleman.ie) do long rubber boots in an extra wide calf for €60 and do jods up to a 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

mack2 wrote: »
    Returning to riding after a few years and children so figure isnt the same as it used to be :( need a size 5.5 or 6 boot with a 16.4-17" calf - cannot find a pair without looking at silly money but i wont be competing (at least i hope not!!) just happy riding
    Also need size 16-18 jods - got a pair years ago in lidl (horrible brown colour) that fit great but i am truely embarrassed by the colour - any ideas warmly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi I was in the same boat after 3 children. So if you go for mens breeches either they are a good fit.
    I found a toggi pair that were pure brilliant fitted perfectly. I think they were about 60 euro but worth every penny for comfort!!
    No-one would even know they are men's and after the children I found they were the best fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

You could try these guys: http://www.curvyfillies.com/

I've not bought anything from them, but I've seen their stand at the RDS and Punchestown and the stuff looks good quality. They're Irish and the girl who founded the company competes regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 aoifemcd

You're going to find it very hard to get a good pair of riding boots with a wide calf and if you do please share here!! I've been looking for about 2years now and the closest I came was toggi Calgary boots that just about closed on me.

I haven't been able to find a decent pair of leather full length riding boots anywhere and like you, don't want to spend a fortune on them as I don't compete enough to justify it. I've been wearing jodhpur boots and chaps but even then it's very difficult to get leather chaps/gaiters to fit and the only pair I could find were Dublin ones.

Best of luck in your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Animallover1234

Try the Toggi Quest boot, they have a really good stretch on the leg and the zip goes up the side so it is easier to zip up :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement