Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Ever Winning Streak (for 2014).

• 27-12-2014 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

:( End of a ere tonight folks.
    This is what happens when the national lottery is sold to soulless outsiders who dont care that winning streak was a cultural institution.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Winning streak was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its not the last ever!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

last ever for 2014 i think OP lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Martys hair transplant was for one year. lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

:( End of a ere tonight folks.
    This is what happens when the national lottery is sold to soulless outsiders who dont care that winning streak was a cultural institution.

Aren't they just replacing the presenters?

• Advertisement

Its just finishing until the Summer

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

I believe that "bell-end" Nicky Byrne from Westlife will host a new show for national lottery next year...all the more reason not to watch Irish TV channels

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Its just finishing until the Summer[/QUOTE

Yeah that's what there telling you so there wont be a uproar, come summer they will make up a excuse, i didnt come down in the last shower, classic diversion tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Its just finishing until the Summer[/QUOTE

Yeah that's what there telling you so there wont be a uproar, come summer they will make up a excuse, i didnt come down in the last shower, classic diversion tactics.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Its just finishing until the Summer

Lol just lol

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

With all due respect to Jonjo... can this thread be locked? :o:o:o:o

Both RTE and the National Lottery have said that Winning Streak will be back, and Marty and Sinead said the same at least twice last night.

And TBH, no matter how much we like to slag these parties off, I don't see any reason why any of them would lie in this situation.

I think the "RIP Winning Streak" thread should be locked, too - or at the very least, have the "RIP" bit removed from its title:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057338841

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

With all due respect to Jonjo... can this thread be locked? :o:o:o:o

Both RTE and the National Lottery have said that Winning Streak will be back, and Marty and Sinead said the same at least twice last night.

And TBH, no matter how much we like to slag these parties off, I don't see any reason why any of them would lie in this situation.

I think the "RIP Winning Streak" thread should be locked, too - or at the very least, have the "RIP" bit removed from its title:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057338841

Yeah, Winning Streak is not dead (unfortunately). As always, you need to tell the Mods if you think a thread should be locked/renamed etc. Report a post on the thread and let them know.

Skid X wrote: »
    Yeah, Winning Streak is not dead (unfortunately). As always, you need to tell the Mods if you think a thread should be locked/renamed etc. Report a post on the thread and let them know.

I know, I was just frustrated that another thread had been created on this forum claiming that Winning Streak was ending forever... :o:o:o:o

(Again, no disrespect intended towards Jonjo or anyone. :))

Decided to bump this thread rather than start a new one... :o:o;)

There are still two episodes of the Million Euro Challenge to be broadcast - but already adverts for Winning Streak's return have started to appear.

I saw some on the windows in Eason's in Heuston Station this morning. And from these, it looks like the top prize is reverting to the standard €500,000, while Sinead's staying on alongside Marty.

Back on 20 June according to Nicky B.

Why the 20th and not the 6th, immediately after the Million Euro Challenge finishes up? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

to give the normal viewers of this program time to shuffle back from putting their teeth back in

Advertisement