Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Good Indian Takeaway in Ennis (2015).

• 27-12-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Where in Town is Bonfire folks and do they deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Bonfire was an excellent recommendation folks, thanks a million. Chicken Jalfreizi, pilau rice and a garlic naan take-away all for under €10. Great quality...and I have high standards when it comes to Indian food. It gets this fussy Dub's thumbs up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good to know, really good Indian takeaways are hard to come by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

colm_mcm wrote: »

From that link, here's the problem with that joint:
    Minimum Delivery Cost:
    Above € 15.00 = € 2.50 Below € 15.00 = Delivery not available

However, next time I'm looking for an Indian take away and am planning on collecting it myself, I'll try it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always collect my take aways myself, it's not worth the hassle of getting cold food cause the guy had other deliveries to make, so much easier to collect it. Bonfire is top notch though, really really good Indian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Clareman wrote: »
    I always collect my take aways myself, it's not worth the hassle of getting cold food cause the guy had other deliveries to make, so much easier to collect it. Bonfire is top notch though, really really good Indian

Don't forget, though, that the OP specifically asked about delivery.

I won't use a delivery service if there's a charge for it.

The restaurant either wants my custom, or they don't. If they charge extra, then they evidently don't want my custom.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It's around the corner from Doninos/The Irish Cancer Society.
    I got a takeaway there for the second time last week. It was lovely. I'm fussy about Chicken tikka masala and the Mogul doesn't do it right, but Bonfire do.

Have to say the Bonfire place is lovely inside, very reasonable and can't fault it. Very nice staff in there.

They deliver but you're better off going in and collecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muslimstudent

garbanzo wrote: »
    Bonfire was an excellent recommendation folks, thanks a million. Chicken Jalfreizi, pilau rice and a garlic naan take-away all for under €10. Great quality...and I have high standards when it comes to Indian food. It gets this fussy Dub's thumbs up.

Being Indian myself and having eaten in Indian restaurants here in Ireland, I am generally not impressed. Best places to go to are those that serve to the asian sub continent market. There are many in Dublin. Not sure about the west.

Having said all of this. European palates are different so maybe the Indian food that is sold here is good enough for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Being Indian myself and having eaten in Indian restaurants here in Ireland, I am generally not impressed. Best places to go to are those that serve to the asian sub continent market. There are many in Dublin. Not sure about the west.

Having said all of this. European palates are different so maybe the Indian food that is sold here is good enough for you.

Hey, I live in Dublin. Care to recommend somewhere southside or city centre which gets your recommendation. Sorry if I'm taking this off the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Don't forget, though, that the OP specifically asked about delivery.

I won't use a delivery service if there's a charge for it.

The restaurant either wants my custom, or they don't. If they charge extra, then they evidently don't want my custom.

I hate paying for delivery too, but Bonfire is significantly cheaper than some of the other Indian takeaways in Ennis so they have to cut costs somewhere and I'd prefer that they don't cut the quality of the food. You could probably pay the 2.50 delivery charge and still save a lot of money over the competition and the food really is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

garbanzo wrote: »

+1 on Bonfire

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

2 meals from Bonfire the last 2 weekends. Both takeaways.

Food was great, value very decent, and the service genuinely friendly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Had a vindaloo from the Mogul Emperor, was yummy, but fear it might burn me twice...

Advertisement