Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sac but it's empty

Options
  • 27-12-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Had a scan last week at 6+1 according to my calculations. The sac measured 14mm but there was nothing inside it. The sonographer wasn't too confident and said I've to go back in 2 weeks but it's 50/50 at this stage if things will work out. Anyone have any experience of this? Km worried sick. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms apart from sore boobs but also no bleeding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Ah hopefully its just too early to c anything. I know the place where I went for my early private scan wouldnt scan before 8 weeks - fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Did you have a transvaginal scan? At such an early stage its hard to know either way. Hopefully you'll know more soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Unfortunately the same happened to me. I did go through a miscarriage less than a week later. Now you could have conceived at the later end of your cycle in which case you could get a positive without it showing on scan yet. How come you had such an early scan - did you have any bleeding? See if you can request a vaginal scan as they are more accurate at the early stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Wouldn't post here but just seen this on the main page. My wife was the same no baby in the sack. So was told to come back in ten days for a d & c. So after ten long days they done a scan and the baby was there. That was two years ago and she is a healthy little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

It was transvaginal. Ironically I wanted the scan for reassurance as I had a previous miscarriage. It had the opposite effect, ruined Christmas

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »
    Wouldn't post here but just seen this on the main page. My wife was the same no baby in the sack. So was told to come back in ten days for a d & c. So after ten long days they done a scan and the baby was there. That was two years ago and she is a healthy little girl.
    Wow what a lovely story, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hopefully its just early days and you'll have more positive news when you go back. Be good to yourself in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I had a 6 week transvaginal scan and although there was nothing to see there was a little heartbeat, did your sonographer mention that? Fingers crossed that it's all good at the next scan!

Allirog wrote: »
    I had a 6 week transvaginal scan and although there was nothing to see there was a little heartbeat, did your sonographer mention that? Fingers crossed that it's all good at the next scan!

No, there was no heart beat. Sonographer is worried the embryo didn't develop

Advertisement