Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vs Manchester United Match Thread 28/12/'14 k/o 12pm BT1

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

THFC wrote: »
    Ditto.

Hmmm quite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ditto.

You can't seriously argue Spurs were the better team can you? They could have been 3 down at half time but for some woeful shooting.

United will finish 3rd comfortablely imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Both teams were ****e lads. It isn't a contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I thought Spurs were much worse on the fouls front. Broke up every bit of play before it could start and went down like they were shot when a United player got close. I was actually really surprised by Spurs. Expected them to try to play football at home but they seemed happy enough to contain, break up play and lump the ball towards Kane. Very cynical from a normally decent footballing team and manager.

All that being said, our attackers should hang their heads in shame. So many chances but couldn't finish their dinner. They were obviously tired towards the end after 2 games in 2 days as injuries meant we had **** all replacements in midfield and attack, but we need to be finishing those chances.

I wouldn't have said Spurs were any worse than United when either team was under the cosh. Both teams reverted to cynical fouling at times, and in truth, neither team deserved to win. United created more chances because of their extraordinary firepower up front, but only dominated the first half. Considering it was Kane, Chadli and Townsend against a front 3 of RvP, Mata and Falcao I thought Spurs did very well. Could easily have won the game, but so too could we have lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Having to pick the same team twice within 48 hours cost utd there. Ran out of gas in the second half. Lvg made a mistake against newcastle not resting some of his attacking players once the game was won.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That'll do

Hows that good for you?

Shouldnt you be wanting Spurs to drop points if Liverpool have any hope of getting that Europa league spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

On a train down from White Hart Lane. Should have been out of sight by half time. Our lack of pace on the right is a concern - saying for 2 years we need a right winger.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You can't seriously argue Spurs were the better team can you? They could have been 3 down at half time but for some woeful shooting.

United will finish 3rd comfortablely imo.

Don't think either team was better than the other. Very surprised seeing the reaction from United fans. Draw was a fair result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Hows that good for you?

Shouldnt you be wanting Spurs to drop points if Liverpool have any hope of getting that Europa league spot?

It seems some Liverpool fans have already reverted to judging how well their season went on what United do or don't win, and where we finish in the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Hows that good for you?

Billy86 wrote: »
    It seems some Liverpool fans have already reverted to judging how well their season went on what United do or don't win, and where we finish in the table.

Nah. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the fact that United are a pretty poor and that if we can put any sort of decent run together they are very catchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Don't think either team was better than the other. Very surprised seeing the reaction from United fans. Draw was a fair result.

What game were you watching? We should've been 3 or 4 up at half time and the only reason Spurs came into it at the end was that we ran out of steam. United deserved to win that not Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Nah. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the fact that United are a pretty poor and that if we can put any sort of decent run together they are very catchable.

Next two games for Liverpool are very winnable and you'll have to win them to be still in contention for the last Champions League spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Very catchable? As in what odds we talking here? 11 points with a game in hand over a team unbeaten in 8 or 9 or whatever. Any bet you want to make on that considering how confident you are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Teams below 7th in the table are irrelevant to United

thelad95 wrote: »
    What game were you watching? We should've been 3 or 4 up at half time and the only reason Spurs came into it at the end was that we ran out of steam. United deserved to win that not Spurs.

Ye weren't 3 or 4 up at HT. It was 0-0. Spurs came into it and could've won. United dominated the first half, Spurs the second. Neither team deserved it.
    United could've won, Spurs could've won. Don't see the confusion here.

By Liverpool?

Mother of god.

Liam O wrote: »
    Very catchable? As in what odds we talking here? 11 points with a game in hand over a team unbeaten in 8 or 9 or whatever. Any bet you want to make on that considering how confident you are?

What makes it a long shot is Liverpool putting a decent run together, not United's form.

What makes it a long shot is Liverpool putting a decent run together, not United's form.

Liverpool sold their decent run and pissed the money away on Ballotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Billy86 wrote: »

Wouldn't he have wanted utd to get beat so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

23 points out of the last available 27, terrible run of form alright :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Did he mention utd's form.

Yep, cos I said United's form is terrible. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

niallo27 wrote: »
    Did he mention utd's form.

Yes. He said it's not United's form that makes it a long shot, therefore United's form is somehow poor.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, lads, I'll close the topic now if ye decide to drag this into another United/Pool **** measuring contest. Discuss the match or we can wrap this up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thought the referee was very poor today, could have been a much better game had he let it flow a bit more. Any hint of physicality and the game was stopped, Spurs got the benefit of some really soft calls, United had a couple too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

United were very good first half, second half blew out of steam and could have lost.

Question - would Welbeck have scored any of those many chances falcao wasted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Oranage2 wrote: »
    United were very good first half, second half blew out of steam and could have lost.

Falcao is a much better striker then welback . Welback is more of a work horse then anything else .

Oranage2 wrote: »

No. You can take that as a cold, hard fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Falcao is a much better striker hen welback . Welback is more of a Iork horse then anyting else .

Falcao seems very overrated here, excellent movement but his finishing so far in an united top has just been Okay, not justifying his 300k a week pay check, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Falcao is a much better striker then welback . Welback is more of a work horse then anything else .

*Welbeck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What was Van Persie thinking when he was through one on one with Lloris in the first half? It's like he tried to be too clever or something. Lloris did well making himself big but had Van Persie got any kind of solid contact, head or foot or even knee, it would've gone in. He should've just swung his leg at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

thelad95 wrote: »
    What was Van Persie thinking when he was through one on one with Lloris in the first half? It's like he tried to be too clever or something. Lloris did well making himself big but had Van Persie got any kind of solid contact, head or foot or even knee, it would've gone in. He should've just swung his leg at it.

Lloris should have been out on the ball when it was crossed. I think RVP was expecting the keeper to come out and it actually caught him off guard that he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Vertonghen must have taken up rugby over the Christmas.

so must have roooney:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

50e bet to charity that Liverpool wont catch us?

Put up or stop constantly spouting ****e everywhere.

50e bet to charity that Liverpool wont catch us?

Put up or stop constantly spouting ****e everywhere.

I think his reasoning is based on Liverpool putting together 10 or so wins on the trot and United just plodding along. Talk is cheap, if United win their next 10 there'd likely be nothing in it at the top. If Palace win their next 10 they would be safe as houses. It's a stupid argument.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement