Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N56 Donegal Town.

Options
  • 27-12-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Drive on it every few weeks, and am noticing the on the Town to Killybegs as far as Tullycullen, where it extends over the bay, its in a pretty bad state of repair. As fair as The Texeco Garage, its all potholed, rutted, and sunken manholes, and a little further on over the crest, there's a burnt section of road straddling the hard shoulder and carriage way, which has remained so for a few years at least.

Wonder if the almost perminate presence of the Go Safe van, and its revenue collection should go towards the roads repair. Although cant see it making much, dont even like going over 80 on it due to its poor state, and what it might do to my car.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You're quite right. That stretch is very poor and quite a busy road too. I vaguely recall that stretch having a very good surface, but years of tearing it up for pipe work etc with poor patching up has taken its toll.

That burnt part you mention was the trailer of a lorry, if I recall correctly.
    God only knows when anything will be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

byte wrote: »
    You're quite right. That stretch is very poor and quite a busy road too. I vaguely recall that stretch having a very good surface, but years of tearing it up for pipe work etc with poor patching up has taken its toll.

That burnt part you mention was the trailer of a lorry, if I recall correctly.
    God only knows when anything will be done with it.

I do vaguely remember seeing a burnt out trailer at the side of the road during the time. Although over the years, the edges of the crater it left behide has evened out.

Wasn't there work done on the town approach earlier this year, or was that just to tidy up the junction and place traffic calming infront of The Four Masters Ground.

byte

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I do vaguely remember seeing a burnt out trailer at the side of the road during the time. Although over the years, the edges of the crater it left behide has evened out.

Wasn't there work done on the town approach earlier this year, or was that just to tidy up the junction and place traffic calming infront of The Four Masters Ground.
    Indeed, maybe there was a more recent fire since the trailer of tyres burned.

There was new kerbing and footpath done beside the Four Masters grounds alright, along with tightening the entrace to and from that small junction.

Indeed, maybe there was a more recent fire since the trailer of tyres burned.

There was new kerbing and footpath done beside the Four Masters grounds alright, along with tightening the entrace to and from that small junction.

Wonder why they didn't decide to do the rest of the road at the same time, rather than trying to spend to remainder on the budget pouring tar and chips on some roads. Some which seem to get that treetment every couple of years.

byte

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Wonder why they didn't decide to do the rest of the road at the same time, rather than trying to spend to remainder on the budget pouring tar and chips on some roads. Some which seem to get that treetment every couple of years.
    I doubt their logic for such things will ever be figured out...

• Advertisement

I doubt their logic for such things will ever be figured out...

I dont understand why they still have the Run Way lights on the Mountcharles By Pass, that can be seen from Fundoran. Why not just light the Junctions into the village.

byte

Tis mad that there are so many lights on that stretch alright, now you mention it. The worst stretch is the top of the bypass towards Kelly's Garage. Maybe that's the bit that should be lit!

Advertisement