Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion Advice

• 28-12-2014 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey everybody :)

Just looking for some style advice,I'm a 6ft lad who is nearly 17.

I'm skinny to be fair so I try to look a bit bulkier without it being obvious!

I'm heading shopping in Dublin on Monday and I'd like some advice from all the fashionistas on how one could look stylish on a small budget :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

If you are thin I would avoid wearing baggy clothes, people often try to bulk up that way. Use layering, heavy knit jumpers, cardigans etc to look bulked up.

As for value it's hard to say not knowing your style but generally the usual suspects of H&M, Topman, River Island....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭DarraghFitz98

Easy Rider wrote: »
    If you are thin I would avoid wearing baggy clothes, people often try to bulk up that way. Use layering, heavy knit jumpers, cardigans etc to look bulked up.

As for value it's hard to say not knowing your style but generally the usual suspects of H&M, Topman, River Island....

Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

As said above avoid baggy loose fitting clothes and try layering this will help you to add a bit of bulk.

Secondly I'd recommend you look at inspiration albums and look at a few bloggers instagrams. If you search for MFA inspo album dump you should find a list on reddit with loads of them.

Lastly I'd recommend you don't go out and buy all the clothes and the one day but take you time and built up your wardrobe over time.

Lastly for shops I'd say look at Topman, River island, Zara, BT, BT2, Abercrombie, H&M and Uniqlo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 win1

Hi, my brothers of a similar age, love Jack & Jones. I bought their xmas presents there & as I did not have a clue the sales assistant was very helpful & they loved their presents (both wearing them today).

Heard there sale is very good. I am not familiar if there is a store in Dublin, but would guess so. Remember the sales assistants are there to help, so dont be afraid to ask them questions like what do you think or what would you match with this, etc.

Enjoy your day!

Advertisement