Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air Asia flight from Singapore to Indonesia missing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Sclosages wrote: »
    Again no mayday call? What is this 'icing' that some dude was on about. He said it happened to MH370.

I don't know about MH370 but ice forming in pitot tubes was found to be partially responsible for the Air France crash over the Atlantic a few years ago. As far as I know though, those parts have all been replaced to prevent it happening again.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I suspect next-of-kin are usually notified in the event of a death.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

This us Christians care greatly about burring the body, just cause you heritics don't doesn't mean the rest of us good people don't

So a non christian is a heretic and is not a member of the "good people" club?

Nice belief system there, pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

This us Christians care greatly about burring the body, just cause you heritics don't doesn't mean the rest of us good people don't

Sanctimonious much ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I defo will not be heading to anywhere near Asia ever, god help the grieving families and friends, hope the bodies are recovered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Bodies being retrieved from the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Thanks english is not my first language

Parley! :)

Glad they found this plane and that they'll be able to get the voice recorder. It would be just too freaky if another one just disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I defo will not be heading to anywhere near Asia ever, god help the grieving families and friends, hope the bodies are recovered

Is that not exceptionally close minded?

After MH370, ticket sales for Malaysian Airlines plummeted. Interesting sales in Europe did not fall much but the Chinese dropped it like a stone mainly for one reason - they felt the airline was unlucky. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

The plane looks largely intact if you go to 9.40 in this video presuming it's of this aircraft. Would that mean that people survived the ditching in the ocean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I defo will not be heading to anywhere near Asia ever

Oh for gods sake. Because nothing bad ever happens in any other continent in the world. :rolleyes: What an absolutely ridiculous statement to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Karl Stein wrote: »
    The plane looks largely intact if you go to 9.40 in this video presuming it's of this aircraft. Would that mean that people survived the ditching in the ocean?

Wow very grim to see that. So sad. I'd have to wonder was this possibly another stall scenario similar to AF447 as they flew through thunderstorm activity rather than a mid air break-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I don't think that is the plane, the plane was mostly red from the photos of other Air Asia planes.

40 bodies found now, and lots of debris. Terrible thing to happen, and for some of the families to see bodies on the TV in that state is also a tad upsetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I've read that one of the search and rescue pilots said that 3 of the bodies were holding hands. Does this mean they could have been alive when the plane entered the water? Horrible :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement