Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good deals on sofas around?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

I checked the usual shops but the discounts are very low, should I wait to grab bargain in 50% and more range? Looking for modern styles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The only bargains in sofas are IKEA. Their sofas are built to last. I have yet to see someone get a "half price sofa" and it lasting anymore than a few years. IKEA sofas last. My parents have them in rental properties where they are bashed and thrown around the place. There is not a single issue in 10 years with any of them

If you go to these "amazing sales". And see most of the original prices of the sofas was the same price as a hand stitched italian sofa in Arnotts. You are certain that the sales price is the actual price of the sofa. There is no bargain to be got there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

hfallada wrote: »
    The only bargains in sofas are IKEA. Their sofas are built to last. I have yet to see someone get a "half price sofa" and it lasting anymore than a few years. IKEA sofas last. My parents have them in rental properties where they are bashed and thrown around the place. There is not a single issue in 10 years with any of them

If you go to these "amazing sales". And see most of the original prices of the sofas was the same price as a hand stitched italian sofa in Arnotts. You are certain that the sales price is the actual price of the sofa. There is no bargain to be got there

A hell of a lot of folk bought christmas trees in Ikea and got a €20 off voucher for january.... maybe put a request out for the vouchers!

I was at the new DFS shop in Carrickmines today as they had been advertising a sofa sale. We had one picked out but frankly the really poor attitude of the salesman, coupled with the 66 euro delivery charge, has meant we did not buy and will take our business to IKEA instead. Oh and we would also have to wait 4 weeks, whereas at ikea you take it home with you same day (assuming it is in stock)

We had picked the exact sofa, color etc, and just asked salesman to complete the transaction. He insisted on going through what he called 'the process' with us, even though I told him, at the onset I didnt want to buy a more expensive sofa and was in a rush. I said pleasantly at the beginning 'this will be an easy bit of commission for you as we have already made up our minds' and he said really sarcastically ' yeah, a euro' Got the impression DFS only want to sell the expensive sofas and are irritated by people buying what is probably the loss leader in the store.

Wouldnt go near them again to be honest.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

hfallada wrote: »

Are you seriously saying that Ikea sofas are a bargain? You dont shop around much then or go to any warehouse sales then either.You got to know where to go.:D
    By the way Ikea are not here in Ireland 10 years,they are only here 5 years so your story isnt exactly truthfull.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

Are you seriously saying that Ikea sofas are a bargain? You dont shop around much then or go to any warehouse sales then either.You got to know where to go.:D
    By the way Ikea are not here in Ireland 10 years,they are only here 5 years so your story isnt exactly truthfull.;)

kellymick, where to go so? could you share or PM me? thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement