Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best xbox 1 game

Options
  • 28-12-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just wondering what do people think it the best sports game for the xbox 1..Playing fifa 15 at the moment but a lot of people say pes is better..any suggestions of a good sports or any type of game..mostly play sports games but open to change :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gamer1234 wrote: »
    Just wondering what do people think it the best sports game for the xbox 1..Playing fifa 15 at the moment but a lot of people say pes is better..any suggestions of a good sports or any type of game..mostly play sports games but open to change :)

Forza horizon 2 is probably the best racing game on it, if you want something that is similar to "sports".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

For sports I'd go along with Forza Horizon 2 having played the demo (check it out). I've just tried to get it in Argos (€38.99) and Smyths (€44.99 and won't price match) but it's sold out in both. Gamestop do have it however, for €69.99 the robbing fúcks :mad:.

In regards to best Xbox One game, hands down I'd say Alien Isolation, although it is multi-platform. I'm really enjoying Wolfenstein (again multi-platform) and I've just picked up both Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive (both exlusive).

However, have a look at EA Access - http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

€25 subscription for a year and you get full unlimited access to UFC, Battlefield 4, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Madden 25, Need for Speed Rivals, Peggle 2 and Fifa 14 (although you have 15) with more to come.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Shred has put up a good summary there, don't think you can go wrong with any of the suggestions in that post.

One I'd add is Shadow of Mordor. Starts out as a clone of the batman and assassins creed games, but by the end it's fairly different. It's pretty impressive how powerful you feel by the end of it. It's also a great example of a game that simply couldn't be done on previous consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

how does that ea access work it sounds good...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Same question please ? Son has Xbox one and a few games, and now got Gold 12 months for Xmas. But do you get all these for rental ??. What's the difference please ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Similar question.
    Santa brought an XBox One and am interested in the EA pack. Do you download the games to the console in order to play or is it all done online? I'm thinking of my download allowance and how I'm gonna need a bigger limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

EA Access is a subscription thing, you pay €25 for the year and in doing so, you get access to 'the vault'. Games must be downloaded from the vault to your Xbox One, & EA add games to the vault on an ongoing basis. I think the games are only available to you while you're still subscribed (games you've downloaded that is, obviously if your sub expires you don't get access to the vault). From memory also, EA said they won't be removing games in the vault either, so the library will just get bigger over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

So what happens to the games I've downloaded if I don't renew my sub next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

JamBur wrote: »
    So what happens to the games I've downloaded if I don't renew my sub next year?

The games from EA access are playable whilst you're subscribed to the service. If you don't renew your subscription you will not be able to play the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Milk_Tray

i got it there, seems good the EA subscription thing, played madden and ufc so far! takes ages to download though but mainly to do with my internet i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shred wrote: »
    For sports I'd go along with Forza Horizon 2 having played the demo (check it out). I've just tried to get it in Argos (€38.99) and Smyths (€44.99 and won't price match) but it's sold out in both. Gamestop do have it however, for €69.99 the robbing fúcks :mad:.

In regards to best Xbox One game, hands down I'd say Alien Isolation, although it is multi-platform. I'm really enjoying Wolfenstein (again multi-platform) and I've just picked up both Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive (both exlusive).

However, have a look at EA Access - http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

€25 subscription for a year and you get full unlimited access to UFC, Battlefield 4, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Madden 25, Need for Speed Rivals, Peggle 2 and Fifa 14 (although you have 15) with more to come.

I got Forza 2 on Amazon for £30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

Cheers, yeah I was considering ordering it on Amazon when I posted but didn't. There's limited stock back in Argos atm, either way I've since decided to hold off for a few weeks until I finish some of the games I already have!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Paddy_PT

Advanced Warefare !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CatInABox wrote: »
    Shred has put up a good summary there, don't think you can go wrong with any of the suggestions in that post.

One I'd add is Shadow of Mordor. Starts out as a clone of the batman and assassins creed games, but by the end it's fairly different. It's pretty impressive how powerful you feel by the end of it. It's also a great example of a game that simply couldn't be done on previous consoles.

I found SOM hard to get into as I was not giving it due attention and kept game hopping :) it's a game that I wanted to like but got consumed by Diablo 3.

Just started a fresh again on it to see if I get into it a second time around as I was going to trade it but I think it might have been in haste :)

Advertisement