Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eircom focusing on VDSL only?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question:

Are Eircom upgrading old exchanges to NGB standards or has that now been completely superseded by VDSL exchange upgrades?

For example if there is an exchange like mine (Kilmihil) that is not on the fibre map, will we just have to wait for the NBP to be fully invoked? (that could be several years as we are not in phase 1) or is there a chance that the exchange (like ours) could be upgraded to some moderate extent in the near future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ads20101 wrote: »
    Just a quick question:

Are Eircom upgrading old exchanges to NGB standards or has that now been completely superseded by VDSL exchange upgrades?

For example if there is an exchange like mine (Kilmihil) that is not on the fibre map, will we just have to wait for the NBP to be fully invoked? (that could be several years as we are not in phase 1) or is there a chance that the exchange (like ours) could be upgraded to some moderate extent in the near future?
    Hi ads201011
    yes eircom continue to roll out NGB upgrades  along with eFibre. At the moment we do not have any information on the Kilmihil exchange, but if you PM us with exact postal address or your landline no I can look further for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Thanks Tony

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks Tony

PM Sent

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi ads20101

NGB will need to be launched at the exchange before the area can be added to efibre plans and I'm sorry to confirm that at present there are no plans made for this that can enable us to give you indication as to when Kilmihil will be upgraded to NGB.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I understand from your previous thread titled ‘NGB in kilmihil’ (http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056243287/15), posts and complaints to both eircom & comreg that this is disappointing to you and I’m sorry I can’t offer you any different news to what has been previously advised.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    Thanks
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Thanks Alan & Tony - it's good to hear that there is an upgrade programme for the exchanges not on the efibre plan and equally disapointed that the kilmihil exchange is not on it.

I know there used to be but I can't find it - would you have a link to the map that shows the ADSL to ADSL2 / NGB upgrades so that can look at it periodically with hope that something can be done locally. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks Alan & Tony - it's good to hear that there is an upgrade programme for the exchanges not on the efibre plan and equally disapointed that the kilmihil exchange is not on it.

I know there used to be but I can't find it - would you have a link to the map that shows the ADSL to ADSL2 / NGB upgrades so that can look at it periodically with hope that something can be done locally. 
    Hi ads20101

There is no map detailing ADSL to ADSL/NGB upgrades available to the public I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement