Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 8.1 Start/Splash Screen - How to change?

• 28-12-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've installed Win 8.1 on a new gaming PC I built and it defaults to an awful (IMHO) splash screen which you click on to select which user account you want to log into. I tried changing it but all I can do is change the desktop background, I can't find where to change the start/splash screen.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Here's the offending screen:-

xq01a9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've installed Win 8.1 on a new gaming PC I built and it defaults to an awful (IMHO) splash screen which you click on to select which user account you want to log into. I tried changing it but all I can do is change the desktop background, I can't find where to change the start/splash screen.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Here's the offending screen:-

xq01a9.jpg

Go to the windows menu after log in. Type change start into the search tool. First option should be what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

qt3.14 wrote: »
    Go to the windows menu after log in. Type change start into the search tool. First option should be what you want

Thanks GT3, the option I'm given is "Change the background and colors on Start" which I changed to purple but that only changes the background on the start menu (the windows menu which shows all the apps etc) not the start screen. When I log out I still have the horrible splash screen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Type lock screen into the search and you should find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Sherfin wrote: »
    Type lock screen into the search and you should find it

Thanks Sherin, that did the trick.

Advertisement