If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY STR DN850

Options
  • 28-12-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

hi
    2 questions about the above av receiver
    how much would it be to have it delivered to Dublin?
    can I pay in £ when ordering?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

quilmore wrote: »
    hi
    2 questions about the above av receiver
    how much would it be to have it delivered to Dublin?
    can I pay in £ when ordering?
    QUILMORE,

Many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - the STRDN850 is out of stock locally and we don't have bundles available in our main warehouse therefore its not currently available for shipping either on the Irish or the UK sites.

If I was in your shoes though I'd opt for the Denon AVRX2100 anyway as it generally has a better spec than the N850 including 8 HDMI inputs ( the sony only has 5) and more importantly 2 HDMI outputs ( the Sony only has 1) - the Denon also has zone 2 output - the Sony does have NFC connectivity whilst the Denon has Apple Airplay and Bluetooth - most importantly the Denon sounds pretty amazing and of course has just been reduced from £429.95 to £299.99 / €399.99 ( the euro price includes shipping)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200718-avrx2100.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

ok
    what's the warranty like for the denon?
    how long would it take to have it delivered?

will it be able to play sounds via ARC? (when the tv is playing something and sends the sound signal upwards to the AV via the HDMI cable)

ok
    what's the warranty like for the denon?
    how long would it take to have it delivered?
    The Denon has a 2 year warranty ( the Sony is a single year) and is available from stock for delivery - normally we can deliver to most places in the ROI next working day, but I cant guarantee next day at the moment as our couriers are open short hours over the Christmas season.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

one more question (sorry to bother you on a Sunday)
    the denon has 2 hdmi outputs
    but in your specs you say:
    HDMI Zone Out
    Does the product feature HDMI Zone out? This provides a second HDMI output to give the same or a different source sound and vision in another room. Watch TV in one room and a Blu-ray in another, for example.
    No

what's the second HDMI for then? I'm a bit confused

• Advertisement

will it be able to play sounds via ARC? (when the tv is playing something and sends the sound signal upwards to the AV via the HDMI cable)
    Oh yep, the Denon is HDMi ARC equipped no problem ( make sure you have the correct HDMI ARC enabled cables in stock!),

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

thanks for all your answers, you're selling it to me fast... :)
    just posting this question again as it went in when you were answering me earlier and you may not have been notified about it
    HDMI Zone Out
    Does the product feature HDMI Zone out? This provides a second HDMI output to give the same or a different source sound and vision in another room. Watch TV in one room and a Blu-ray in another, for example.
    No

thanks for all your answers, you're selling it to me fast... :)
    just posting this question again as it went in when you were answering me earlier and you may not have been notified about it
    HDMI Zone Out
    No

The second HDMi on the AVRX2100 replicates the output of the 1st unit - its really useful if you have a media room with a TV and a projector but you hate swapping cables around - of course it can be used in the second zone as well, but whilst you can have different Audio sources in each zone you will only have a common video source..

Hope this makes it a little clearer!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

can you have a look at the order I just placed?
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18:22, Sunday 28 December 2014[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm sure I had only one item in the basket and on check out it came out as if a TV I was looking at earlier got paid for too[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can you cancel that? I'd submit another order if needed[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

can you have a look at the order I just placed?
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18:22, Sunday 28 December 2014[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm sure I had only one item in the basket and on check out it came out as if a TV I was looking at earlier got paid for too[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can you cancel that? I'd submit another order if needed[/font]
    HI Quilmore.

I believe that Dave and John looked after this for you yesterday?
    Just wanted to drop a post to ensure all is in order.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny
    all good I gather, thanks
    the only thing that worries me with the BH coming is that the status on the DPD site is still as "Data Received"

Hi Kenny
    all good I gather, thanks
    the only thing that worries me with the BH coming is that the status on the DPD site is still as "Data Received"
    Quilmore,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'll check the update with the courier and revert asap,

ATVB,

John Mc

Quilmore,

that unit was shipped yesterday - I'm going to PM you the tracking reference - we have just called the courier for you and they hope to get it out to you this afternoon, but you can track it yourself today and hopefully you will be unboxing later tonight :)

Thanks again for the business - its much appreciated :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.