Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S4 Free Battery Replacement?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi, Have my samsung s4 here and the battery is draining fast and rebooting when it wants.
    I've read about samsung replacing the bad batch of batteries for free but was wondering how do I go about it.
    The phone was brand new but an unwanted upgrade so wasn't bought from a shop.
    I'm with meteor but it was originally a three phone.

Ive seen stuff online about sending it to fonemenders but they seem to have ceased trading

Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Contact Samsung on 0818717100 and ask them if your phone battery is covered by the warranty.
    Or drop into your nearest Samsung Store and talk to a member of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Contact Samsung on 0818717100 and ask them if your phone battery is covered by the warranty.
    Or drop into your nearest Samsung Store and talk to a member of staff.

Thanks I'll get onto them and see, do you know of any samsung stores? Cant seem to find any online either

The only one that I know is in the Dundrum shopping centre in Dublin. I am sure there are more. If that one is not near you Samsung will advise you where the nearest one is. Or you could phone the one in Dundrum  01 298 7742 to find out where a nearer store is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daire92

The phone will have to be sent away under warrant if you bring it to a Samsung store, don't expect to be handed a battery on the day. Can take up to 10 days for it to be returned with a new battery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The only one that I know is in the Dundrum shopping centre in Dublin. I am sure there are more. If that one is not near you Samsung will advise you where the nearest one is. Or you could phone the one in Dundrum  01 298 7742 to find out where a nearer store is.

That's done in a partnership with Carphone Warehouse isn't it?

• Advertisement

It is, I have a Note 2 which decided to transform itself into an expensive paperweight two weeks ago. Rather than go back to Meteor I phoned Samsung and they said that I can do everything through the Carphone Warehouse / Samsung store.

Thanks for the info, was busy today so ill try get them on the phone tomorrow. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Daire92 wrote: »
    The phone will have to be sent away under warrant if you bring it to a Samsung store, don't expect to be handed a battery on the day. Can take up to 10 days for it to be returned with a new battery.

Phonemenders in Sandyford handed me a battery on the day....

Phonemenders in Sandyford handed me a battery on the day....

I think they've closed down though.

Ended up going to the dundrum samsung store as the girl on the phone was useless.
    Samsung didn't want anything to do with it unless I had a receipt which I didnt, they also said they don't replace the batteries and that they have to send it off.

So came home and bought a battery online which hopefully should solve the problem

Pity you didn't have the receipt.
    I dropped our Note 2 (19 months old) in on Thursday Jan 1st for repair. They phoned this morning (Mon Jan 5) to say it was repaired with a new circuit board and ready for collection.
    I can't complain about that sort of a service.
    Edit:
    Sorry, forgot to mention that the repairs were done under warranty and there was no charge. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement