Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 port switch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Perfect for the job..
    I would opt for a managed one personally but that switch is fine for what you need.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I have that switch and it's never caused an issue. Very reliable & nice and small for a home. I'd recommend getting the metal-type ones over the plastic ones as they're more durable. Don't forget you'll only have 15 ports to use as one is used for the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Perfect for the job..
    I would opt for a managed one personally but that switch is fine for what you need.

if i knew more about setting up a network then i would go with a managed router.

i will go down the route of unmanaged - that little bit easier to setup and maintain.

Mr. G wrote: »
    I have that switch and it's never caused an issue. Very reliable & nice and small for a home. I'd recommend getting the metal-type ones over the plastic ones as they're more durable. Don't forget you'll only have 15 ports to use as one is used for the router.

might get the 24 port one - an extra £12 for 8 ports so why not

thanks for the advice

hi folks,

one more question - I want to wire everything with cat6, is it ok to use cat5e keystones or are the cat6 different.

it is proving to be much easier to get cat55e keystones but if I need to get the cat6 ones so be it.

thanks,

• Advertisement
Advertisement