If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Soundbar

Options
  • 28-12-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking for a Sony soundbar to accompany my Sony 46HX75 TV and came across the HT-CT60BT which ye are doing for £99.95.

Considering Amazon are doing it for £84.99 (plus an additional €3.95 with Parcel Motel to get it here), will ye price match? Will obviously need delivery included as it to go to Waterford - thanks.

Any opinions on the soundbar itself and the pairing with my TV? Many thanks.

Amazon link here

C.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

colhickey wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am looking for a Sony soundbar to accompany my Sony 46HX75 TV and came across the HT-CT60BT which ye are doing for £99.95.

Considering Amazon are doing it for £84.99 (plus an additional €3.95 with Parcel Motel to get it here), will ye price match? Will obviously need delivery included as it to go to Waterford - thanks.

Amazon link here

C.
    C,

many thanks for your post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

That item is currently an in-store item only for us ( this is in the initial Sale period and we may be able to open it for shipping as the week goes on) - I've checked and Amazon also won't currently deliver that unit to the ROI.

If you did want an option I would recommend the Pioneer SBXN750 - its a good bit more expensive at £285 but its excellent value when purchased in Euro at just €349:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201081-sbxn750.aspx

It's the big brother of the Pioneer SBXN700 reviewed here:
    http://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/sbx-n700/review

Over the Sony its 220 Watts ( the Sony is 60 watts) and it has HDMI on board and it sounds pretty damn amazing! - to give you an idea - the Sony Sub weighs 1.6 Kgs whilst the Pioneer Sub weighs 6.7 Kgs :eek:

On a Boardie Sale special we can do it ( including delivery ) at just €199.99

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Hi guys,

Amazon link here

C.
    C,

That item is currently an in-store item only for us ( this is in the initial Sale period and we may be able to open it for shipping as the week goes on) - I've checked and Amazon also won't currently deliver that unit to the ROI.

If you did want an option I would recommend the Pioneer SBXN750 - its a good bit more expensive at £285 but its excellent value when purchased in Euro at just €349:

Over the Sony its 220 Watts ( the Sony is 60 watts) and it has HDMI on board and it sounds pretty damn amazing! - to give you an idea - the Sony Sub weighs 1.6 Kgs whilst the Pioneer Sub weighs 6.7 Kgs :eek:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Sounds like a great deal (€150 off!) but the €199 is more than I can pay at the moment.

I can get the Sony here with Parcel Motel for €3.95. The room it is going into is 13ft by 11ft and it is just to supplant the TV's sound which is woeful (it has absolutely no bass of any kind!).

Can you let me know if or when the Sony is opened for shipping? Ta.

C.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

Amazon link here

C.
    C,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Sounds like a great deal (€150 off!) but the €199 is more than I can pay at the moment.

I can get the Sony here with Parcel Motel for €3.95. The room it is going into is 13ft by 11ft and it is just to supplant the TV's sound which is woeful (it has absolutely no bass of any kind!).

C.
    Hi C.

Will keep our eye out for it being able to ship again and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

C.

Too long a package for parcel motel, it'd be €10 for oversized.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.