Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

yabadabado wrote: »
    am I correct in saying if I got the wrong model some of the LTE bands wont work here? 4G etc? Is there bigger issues with it than that?
    The correct model for Ireland I think is G920F but not many options for that.

Correct 4G will be an issue. Also battering life can be worse than the EU model. Have come across people who had an Asian S5 last year and were complaining a lot about its battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dan786 wrote: »
    Correct 4G will be an issue. Also battering life can be worse than the EU model. Have come across people who had an Asian S5 last year and were complaining a lot about its battery life.
    cheers for the info,the battery life would be a real concern.Might be a false economy buying from there.
    From what I can gather the lTE bands are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Hi lads, just looking through the thread there. Have bought from eGlobal before and had no issues but curious about what you're saying about the s6. Would I be right in saying this; http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-g925f-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black-en.html would work fine here? 4g included? Has all of the irish bands listed as compatible but its G925F not G920F as said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

am I correct in saying if I got the wrong model some of the LTE bands wont work here? 4G etc? Is there bigger issues with it than that?
    The correct model for Ireland I think is G920F but not many options for that.

Ive bought from them before and had no issues,if you look at their phones it tells you what countries its compatible in

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s6-g920f-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-white-en.html#network_compatibility

Ive bought from them before and had no issues,if you look at their phones it tells you what countries its compatible in

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s6-g920f-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-white-en.html#network_compatibility

any of the S6 models I have checked on their site all have given me the same network compatibility .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Thinking about doing the 55 per month 24 month plan on the S6 with three.ie, current phone note 1 is just annoying me now, so going to give that to the kids to use as a tab, is there any better deals out there currently for an S6.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Thinking about doing the 55 per month 24 month plan on the S6 with three.ie, current phone note 1 is just annoying me now, so going to give that to the kids to use as a tab, is there any better deals out there currently for an S6.

Do you need a €55 per month plan?If not then I would buy it outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Well I spend about 45 a month on my current phone, which has been amazing reliability wise, I really like something that works, and I don't need anything fancy but its very laggy even after running regular clear outs.

I work from home so it gets hammered with conference calls etc also I lost the s pen and found it really handy . Actually. after sounding that out probably need a note 4, with some spare pens.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Well I spend about 45 a month on my current phone, which has been amazing reliability wise, I really like something that works, and I don't need anything fancy but its very laggy even after running regular clear outs.

I work from home so it gets hammered with conference calls etc also I lost the s pen and found it really handy . Actually. after sounding that out probably need a note 4, with some spare pens.

I was just thinking you could buy a sim free and go on whatever plan you wanted.Can buy S6 for around €545 from Amazon.If you spending that much monthly its probably works out similar anyways .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I was just thinking you could buy a sim free and go on whatever plan you wanted.Can buy S6 for around €545 from Amazon.If you spending that much monthly its probably works out similar anyways .

It actually does. Was number crunching myself with Meteor for S6 and iPhone 6 and there was maybe a €100 difference over 2 years compared to buying them sim free and paying 24 x €10 with my 48 deal.

I think iPhone 6 64GB for example is €350 plus €32 x 24= €1,118

Sim free iPhone is €800 plus 24 x €10= €1,040, a €78 difference

Taking you €545 S6 it comes to €785 sim free versus €867 contract.

At least by paying a little more you don't need to fork out a large sum at once which is what most people prefer I suppose. May I add I number crunched a few days ago before the 6s came out so prices may be slightly changed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

I'd go note 4 over S6 anyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I had a note 4 and would have kept it only for the chamfered edges picking up scratches even from official samsung cases plus the paint job is atrocious with paint chipping especially near headphone port. Replacement was the same and lots of people with these issues online. Not surprising as they painted the metal. My S6 is in a different league with no fit and finish whatsoever and I would say built better then my IP6.

That was enough of a reason to change. Just wish I waited for the edge+ but now that the Ip6+ is promising a GPU that is 90% quicker than the ip6 I might reconsider my options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Flaccus wrote:
    That was enough of a reason to change. Just wish I waited for the edge+ but now that the Ip6+ is promising a GPU that is 90% quicker than the ip6 I might reconsider my options.

Well iOS is extremely smooth so I don't think you'd notice the speed increase.

Has anyone got a clue how to change the picture on the music in the music app? All my songs have the one picture from my first song and it's really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

So i just got the edge and let the battery run down and giving it a full charge and changed things over from my s4. Just wondering what launcher and apps you lads could recommend

• Advertisement

A lot of people go for Nova launcher but I found 3rd party launchers actually slowed the phone down compared to Touchwiz which is so far not laggy at all.
    I just downloaded one of the material themes from the Samsung theme store which gives the icons a stock Android look. I then downloaded Tapet which generates different wallpapers randomly based on patterns you select.

As for apps there is a must have apps thread you can look at here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304

For me I use Google inbox, messenger and hangouts for comms. Google drive for cloud and also Onedrive as you get 100gig free. For photos I stick with Snapseed for editing and Google photos. MX Player Pro for video playback. Onenote and Google Keep for note taking. Anything heavier and there is Word and Excel which are free. For news I have tried Feedly, Flipboard, Briefing etc.. and I am sticking with Google Play Newsstand as I find the interface really good. I disabled Briefing which comes with the S6. My main dislike is you can't really add your own RSS feeds. Entertainment apps the usual - Spotify, Shazam, LastFM, Netflix, Sky Go, Irish Radio Player, Flixster, IMDB, and Showbox. Games right now I am playing Lara Croft Go, Implosion and Geometry Wars Dimensions. I also recommend Riptide GP2, Leo's Fortune, and Monument Valley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What kind of screen on time is everyone getting for the S6?

Hi lads

Quick question, is the Galaxy 6 Edge 925F model compatible with the Irish Networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Hi lads

Quick question, is the Galaxy 6 Edge 925F model compatible with the Irish Networks?

Yes, thats the EU model.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Can anyone recommend a good cheap Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge case and tempered glass to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Scirpt wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good cheap Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge case and tempered glass to me.

+1, looking for a basic/cheap leather flip case for the Edge if anyone has any recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Quick question guys, purchased the Samsung S6 Edge Plus last week and the camera is amazing but when I upload to Facebook the quality is very poor, how can I address this, any help greatly appreciated,cheers.

Quick question guys, purchased the Samsung S6 Edge Plus last week and the camera is amazing but when I upload to Facebook the quality is very poor, how can I address this, any help greatly appreciated,cheers.

When you upload videos or photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Hey I done a bit of looking and someone had the same problem as yours with the S5, it was something to do with Facebooks app, the solution was to upload the pics via the mobile site in your browser, so say go onto Facebook on Google Chrome and upload that way and see if it looks better.

Original Issue

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Just got this update on my s6 on three. Anyone know what's in it?

clacks wrote:
    Just got this update on my s6 on three. Anyone know what's in it?

Yep the main difference is that there are some tweaks here and there in Touchwiz such as the icons and it's now up to date along with the Note 5.

As well as that all the Office apps are installed for some reason. Not sure of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P.O.D095

Is the edge 925I model compatible with Meteor 3G and 4G bands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Hi lads, just looking through the thread there. Have bought from eGlobal before and had no issues but curious about what you're saying about the s6. Would I be right in saying this; http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-g925f-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black-en.html would work fine here? 4g included? Has all of the irish bands listed as compatible but its G925F not G920F as said above.

Just looking at the site for purchasing the S6 edge in gold. Its coming in at €599 which is very good. Is this site ok to deal with?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I took delivery of a wireless charging station today, it works perfectly through the Spigen Slim Armour case, I don't think I'll be using it for long though, can't really see the point if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Guys if anyone's interested in a bargain gold 32gb flat S6 drop me a pm, I won it from today fm, it's locked to Tesco Mobile and still in its tesco plastic.
    I'm heading to England Friday for the world cup and need the cash.

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Just looking at the site for purchasing the S6 edge in gold. Its coming in at €599 which is very good. Is this site ok to deal with?

Yes. I bought my G3 from them and there's a massive thread on here about them, use the search for feedback, haven't heard any complaints. One thing to say is make sure you get the correct model for Ireland so that 3G and 4g work.

I'll probably be getting the dark blue one from them soon too now that the Nexus is so overpriced.

The G925f appears to be the European model yes?

I'll probably be getting the dark blue one from them soon too now that the Nexus is so overpriced.

Yeah why is the Nexus lineup so expensive in Europe? It's relatively cheap over in the US.

Anyone on Vodafone getting network error when you check for updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Does anyone know where the cheapest place would be to pick one of these up?

Cpw have it for 679 which is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

haiyna wrote: »
    When you upload videos or photos?

Photos just. Anyone any ideas?

Ok really tempted to oder from eglobal. From what i'm reading this version will work in Ireland on Three am i right?

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-g925f-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-gold-en.html

Ok ordered the S6 edge for eglobal i'll report back with my findings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So anyway know where i can buy a unlock code for a S6 edge on the vodafone network ?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

So anyway know where i can buy a unlock code for a S6 edge on the vodafone network ?.

I bought one from eBay for my flat S6 on three,cost €20 and took just over a day heres the seller http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271984622422

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I recently got this phone as an upgrade from the S4 on 3, I feel like in comparison to the S4, I am constantly on edge, I feel like I am getting emergency calls only more than the S4.

Is the signal weaker than the 4 or is it just me?

Have decided on getting the standard S6 after much deliberation, seems quite a few reviewers say the edge is not that comfortable to hold and the glare would be annoying I think. I'm now trying to choose colours, some are saying the gold is more silver in colour, anyone have one and can confirm? Not mad on the blue or white but was going to go for blue.

Have decided on getting the standard S6 after much deliberation, seems quite a few reviewers say its not that comfortable to hold and the glare would be annoying I think. I'm now trying to choose colours, some are saying the gold is more silver in colour, anyone have one and can confirm? Not mad on the blue or white but was going to go for blue.

I don't have the gold model but I was also thinking of getting it. I found that it was extremely reflective and just too shiny and flashy.

Yeah I knew that alright, seems Samsung call in "black sapphire" though it's pretty clearly a navy blue. The gold is "platinum gold" and looks silver in some pictures I've seen. three sell the gold so I might pop down to have a look. The fingerprints put me off the "black" model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The white one is just gorgeous IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

There is a blue one but it is exclusive to Vodafone.

I would of never bought a gold phone i always thought they looked gaudy and tacky but when i saw the s6 edge gold in person i was sold. Looks fantastic in the real world. I can't comment on reflectiveness etc and i was only holding it for a few moments but for sheer looks combined with the edge screen it really is a head turned.

My order from eglobal has just been "picked" so i'm hoping to get delivery info soon

jones wrote: »
    I would of never bought a gold phone i always thought they looked gaudy and tacky but when i saw the s6 edge gold in person i was sold. Looks fantastic in the real world. I can't comment on reflectiveness etc and i was only holding it for a few moments but for sheer looks combined with the edge screen it really is a head turned.

My order from eglobal has just been "picked" so i'm hoping to get delivery info soon

Where'd you get to see it in person? Any of the shops have them on display?

Where'd you get to see it in person? Any of the shops have them on display?

No a lad i work with had one and i was messing around with it for a few mins. I don't think i've ever seen one out for display in shops its usually the blue model i've seen, which i think hurts them. They should be shoving them in peoples faces.

If someone had asked me going by pictures would i buy the gold phone i'd never of said yes....until now. I don't think the sales pictures even do it justice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I ordered the black, which is actually blue, the next day a gold one turned up.

Couldn't be bothered to send it back. Not as garish as I'd been expecting from the "gold" description so happy enough with it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement