Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S6

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

JonnyM wrote: »
    Pixmania with discount code €438 I think

What's the discount code could you let me know please,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I had a look through mine just there. Can't seem to find it either.

What happens when you hold the home button? You probably set the default to the Samsung all instead of Google. You could try clearing all app associations.

Holding my home button still asked what app to run when I installed 6 so I could select now on tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

TBi wrote:
    What happens when you hold the home button? You probably set the default to the Samsung all instead of Google. You could try clearing all app associations.

TBi wrote:
    Holding my home button still asked what app to run when I installed 6 so I could select now on tap.

When I press the home button it brings up the usual Google stuff. Now on tap is not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Lenny wrote: »
    What's the discount code could you let me know please,

Think it was dealsie maybe finished now. Just Google it and you should find it or another 1 may take its place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

When I press the home button it brings up the usual Google stuff. Now on tap is not there.

You need to press and hold and then it asks you if you want to opt in to Now on Tap, I just installed the beta today and pressing and holding the home button while on my home screen was all that was required to opt in, and now i can use now on tap by pressing and holding the home button in any app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Think it was dealsie maybe finished now. Just Google it and you should find it or another 1 may take its place.
    couldn't seem to get any? could you see if you could find one before i hit the button, looking to buy 2 of them.. cheapest I can find it the gold 32gb for 435 each

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

I solved my issue with now on tap. I changed my system language from English (Eire) to English (UK). Setting>language and input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lenny wrote: »
    couldn't seem to get any? could you see if you could find one before i hit the button, looking to buy 2 of them.. cheapest I can find it the gold 32gb for 435 each

Did you find a discount code? €449 with pixmania. Anyone see it cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

It's a shame about the battery , everything about this phone is near perfect, a bit of thought put into battery and it could have been perfect. I suppose though wireless and quick charge and the power saving modes makes up for it.

The a5 kind of makes up for this, it has most of the bell and whistles as the s6 but it has a 2900mah battery. Almost LG G2 territory. But it has only a FHD screen rather than QHD that s6 has, bit of still be happy with it. It has only 16gb storage but it has a microsd card slot and it has a FM radio.

The s6 is near perfect and I was going to get it but sorta glad I held off now that the A5 has been announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

thomasj wrote:
    The s6 is near perfect and I was going to get it but sorta glad I held off now that the A5 has been announced.

S7 is about 3 or 4 months away so might as well hold out for that too.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Did you find a discount code? €449 with pixmania. Anyone see it cheaper?

couldn't find one.. cheapest i saw it on pixmania was 435...

Finally got my s6! Settings were set to German so changed it on initial set up but some of the Samsung related apps and tools etc are still in German. Anyone have any idea how to change them to English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Thinking of getting the s6 off ebay.

... http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-SM-G920F-Latest-Model-32GB-White-Pearl-Unlocked-/181974080168?hash=item2a5e801aa8:g:tqsAAOSw5IJWgDrp#viTabs_0

Anyone think this is a good deal and should i go for it. I very rarely buy expensive items online so i don't have much experience. I don't want to be scammed or receive the phone only for it to fall apart weeks later.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking of getting the s6 off ebay.

... http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-SM-G920F-Latest-Model-32GB-White-Pearl-Unlocked-/181974080168?hash=item2a5e801aa8:g:tqsAAOSw5IJWgDrp#viTabs_0

Anyone think this is a good deal and should i go for it. I very rarely buy expensive items online so i don't have much experience. I don't want to be scammed or receive the phone only for it to fall apart weeks later.

Thanks

It's second hand. You can get it new for roughly the same price on pixmania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

eh i dunno wrote: »
    It's second hand. You can get it new for roughly the same price on pixmania.

never heard of pixmania. Is it reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Don't go near it...spend another 80€ and buy new

Pixmania is operated by the same parent company as Currys and Pc World afaik. They are pretty good to deal with. I've ordered stuff from the before and never had an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

It's €448 on pixmania.ie

I got my S6 edge plus from them last week

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tina27a

I got my S6 last week. Got a great deal with Tesco mobile ....only paid €249 and billpay €30 a month for 2 years.This is my first time having a good phone and finding it great but I'm having trouble setting up my email on it.Its an eircom email address and I keep getting the message .....server does not support authentication? Does anyone know how I can fix this please?

So sim free 458 with pixmania and then 30 a month with eir no contract or
    249 and 2 year 30 a month contract with tesco
    Which is best option chaps? No just overall price but network coverage, ability to upgrade etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Zipppy wrote: »
    So sim free 458 with pixmania and then 30 a month with eir no contract or
    249 and 2 year 30 a month contract with tesco
    Which is best option chaps? No just overall price but network coverage, ability to upgrade etc?

Go with sim free and join 48months. Their 20 euro deal is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Received an OTA update last night for s6 edge it came in at about 107mb can't see any immediate changed and it's still on 5.1.1 there seems to be a new section android security patch level that i don't remember seeing before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm running the marshmallow beta on my s6 and i got the 6.0.1 update pushed out yesterday.

Details here:
    http://www.sammobile.com/2016/01/11/samsung-galaxy-s6-s6-edge-get-android-6-0-1-marshmallow-beta-update/

MiCr0 wrote: »
    i'm running the marshmallow beta on my s6 and i got the 6.0.1 update pushed out yesterday.

Running quite well too. The beta tag seems to be gone so i wonder if they hope to release this version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Is now on tap working? If so, is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Pity I missd the beta program, any way to get 6.01 on it any other way ?

Has anyone else noticed the "fast charge" is no longer working on their S6/Edge? In the last few weeks i happened to notice the fast charge isnt working. The notification just says charging (where it once said fast charge enabled)

I charge the device off a number of chargers (bedside, work, sitting room) obviously only the samsung fast charge charger is capable of utilising fast charge. Problem is its no longer working. I assumed the usb cable had become loose but anything i've tried it just charges normally.

Anyone else notice the same? I haven't replaced the usb cable yet as most of my chargers are all in one jobs from previous android phones

Fast charge working fine here.

I'm a bit peeved as i rarely even use the fast charger due to have regular chargers already in place in work, bedside etc. I just used to fast charger when i know i'm running out the door in x minutes to top up the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Fine here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone flashed a custom rom or anything on their s6 yet? Notch out there at moment from what I seen but id say another few months their should be more of selection.

jones wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the "fast charge" is no longer working on their S6/Edge? In the last few weeks i happened to notice the fast charge isnt working. The notification just says charging (where it once said fast charge enabled)

There's an option to disable fast charge. Mine was disabled after an update but I haven't tried turning it back on or using it.

yabadabado wrote:
    Go with sim free and join 48months. Their 20 euro deal is excellent.

Ordered sim free frm pixmania . .. it's on it's way...

Looking to find a good clock widget any suggestions??

Is it possible to put widgets on the lock screen?

• Advertisement

What app is everyone using if they lose their phone? Eg. Find my phone

JonnyM wrote:

Google wallet :)

Zipppy wrote:
    Ordered sim free frm pixmania . .. it's on it's way...

Payment refunded by pixmania.....ordered another amazon...

Zipppy wrote: »
    Payment refunded by pixmania.....ordered another amazon...

Ordered an S5 Neo thru pixmania from a French company and had nothing but hassle. They didn't answer emails and finally contacted pixmania on phone. They said they would issue refund no problem but was well over a week and nothing so rang again and they told me they had 'technical problems' with PayPal and told me to get my money myself threw PayPal!

Useless shower of ****es to put it mildly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Cerberus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Finally pulled the trigger and replaced my one m7 with this loving it so far.

I have my apps set to auto update. I've noticed that the app icon has been removed from where I originally placed it in the apps screen. It is now moved to the very last screen. This has happened with a few apps and I cannot figure out why. It's also removed apps on the home screen today.

Any advice?

I have my apps set to auto update. I've noticed that the app icon has been removed from where I originally placed it in the apps screen. It is now moved to the very last screen. This has happened with a few apps and I cannot figure out why. It's also removed apps on the home screen today.

Any advice?

Any word on when the official android 6 is coming to the S6 Edge? My 2 year old HTC one m8 received the update last night and my sim-free S6 still has nothing. I missed the beta release so just playing the waiting game now.

In relation to my question on the fast charge it appears it was my usb cable as I switched the cable out and its working perfectly now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone else's battery life deteriorated a lot lately?

Pacifico wrote: »

Big time. I noticed it the last few weeks especially and it coincided with my getting the Samsung gear s2 so I just blamed that. As a test factory reset the phone and didn't connect the S2 using Bluetooth and the battery still seemed lower than before.

Its the one real issue I have with the phone otherwise it would be IMO the best phone on the market. The rumours of a bigger battery on the s7 better come to fruition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

I've got a new Samsung galaxy s6 edge plus. Just today noticed when i get a message, what's appapp Facebook message etc that when i go into the application and then exit it that the notification still exists in the top banner and does not realise that I've read the app. Any help on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cale165

Just got the S6 the other day after moving over from an iPhone. Love it.

I went and rooted it to get rid of the bloat only to find a banking app I use won't work on rooted or jailbroken devices.

Currently downloading the firmware...1hr 33mins to go. Sheesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cale165

OSI wrote: »
    You tried "Hide my Root" to see if you can hide the fact it's rooted from the app?

Thanks I ran that and it didn't work. Restarted and now it's in a bootloop...might just have to restore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Pacifico wrote: »

Mine is still decent in standby but drops like a stone when it's in use. I'm finding the fast charge to be a bit finicky too. As in my phone will say it's fast charging but actually isn't. Have to plug it in and out a couple of times to get it going properly.

Apart from those battery issues I'm still very pleased with the device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement