Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTENTIAL Changes to the WWE Sky Schedule

• 28-12-2014 5:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

The new TV contract seems to be kicking in:
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Shows-you-love/WWE-Thread-2014/td-p/1554517/page/46

The Royal Rumble is priced at £19.99, a £5 increase on the previous non-Wrestlemania PPV price. While not confirmed, I understand that there will be no more 'free' PPVs on Sky Sports.

Raw is unaffected. Full three hours live in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
    It appears that new episodes of WWE Main Event will air at around 10pm on Thursdays.

Smackdown stays at around 10pm on Fridays.

NXT is nowhere to be found and nor is Superstars. Superstars is definitely gone from its old Sky 1 Saturday afternoon slot.

The recap filler shows - WWE Experience, Bottom Line, Afterburn - and Vintage Collection still seem to be in random places in the schedule.

Guess NXT and Superstars will be WWE Network exclusives.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, that was the new deal, all PPVs move to SBO. Sad to hear NXT's nowhere to be found (as of yet). Any word on the UK/Ire Network? Probably not gonna happen in time for the Rumble but it'd be sad if it still wasn't around for Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

So WWE is gone completely from Sky 1 now? Man, is that not a bad idea? You need wrestling on TV to get new fans and now they've limited their reach to those who only have a Sports sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probably €30 here cause recent exchange rates mean nothing to Sky. With the current product I'd want to be paid that to consider watching it
    Wouldn't pay for any event now anyway bar Mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If wrestling had never been shown on Sky 1, there's a good chance a lot of us would never have become enamoured with the WWF. This is a pretty bad idea, I think as Sky 1 gets the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If wrestling had never been shown on Sky 1, there's a good chance a lot of us would never have become enamoured with the WWF. This is a pretty bad idea, I think as Sky 1 gets the kids.

Happy days in nightys watching wrestling on sat evening on sky one with diesel comming through the curtain with the wwf logo over it all lit up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hoping to wake up to a UK WWE Network launch announcement tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

rovert wrote: »
    Hoping to wake up to a UK WWE Network launch announcement tomorrow.

Vince did say on Austin's podcast hopefully by the first of the year. I'm holding him to it! Ideal scenario is obviously in time for the rumble with the first month free.

Sky not showing nxt will suck otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Sky 1 showed a 2 hr version of raw this morning.

Advertisement