Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 with Upc router problems

Options
  • 28-12-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've been having some problems with the technicolor tc7200u router I have with Upc, while I initially had nat type 3 I've managed to get nat 2 but not type 1 even after dmz, and port forwarding but Ive noticed another issue. After doing a connection test I get this warning message about the router not supporting Ip packet fragmentation and some network features might be restricted, Ive looked it up and changed my mtu settings on the ps4 but to no avail, has anyone had this issue and managed to solve it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've been having some problems with the technicolor tc7200u router I have with Upc, while I initially had nat type 3 I've managed to get nat 2 but not type 1 even after dmz, and port forwarding but Ive noticed another issue. After doing a connection test I get this warning message about the router not supporting Ip packet fragmentation and some network features might be restricted, Ive looked it up and changed my mtu settings on the ps4 but to no avail, has anyone had this issue and managed to solve it?

NAT 2 is perfect - take it out of the dmz and undo all your port forwarding.
    Run another test and see what happens.

NAT 1 is only good if you can't get NAT 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Ye I'm happy with nat 2 just found it weird that even in dmz its still getting it, if I undo it I get nat 3, the ip packet fragmentation is the real issue now though cant figure it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ye I'm happy with nat 2 just found it weird that even in dmz its still getting it, if I undo it I get nat 3, the ip packet fragmentation is the real issue now though cant figure it out.

Fair enough.
    Buying your own router would be another option.

Ye maybe a last resort just wanted to see if anyone had similar experience before getting onto Upc themselves thanks for the replies though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have a look here about setting mtu.
    http://www.tp-link.com/lb/article/?faqid=190

• Advertisement

Thanks guil according to that it should be 1472, set it to that on ps4 and still getting the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Ye maybe a last resort just wanted to see if anyone had similar experience before getting onto Upc themselves thanks for the replies though!

There is a big thread about this particular router. In the UPC forum or broadband one. Can link as I'm on the phone. As far as I am aware UPC don't allow you to plug your own router in. Crazy

Found it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93481544

Seems to be lots wrong with this router, I have the same one and can get Nat 2 on it. However sometimes Fifa complains

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have the same router with PS4, PS3, vita all connected.

You need to set the firewall to "low". The default is medium.
    Also check your UPnP setting as it should be on and my default was off. Also turn off IP flood protection, port scan protection, blocked IP packets off.

I checked my firewall via gibson firewall test and it is apparantly still secure.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I have the same router with PS4, PS3, vita all connected.

You need to set the firewall to "low". The default is medium.
    Also check your UPnP setting as it should be on and my default was off. Also turn off IP flood protection, port scan protection, blocked IP packets off.

I checked my firewall via gibson firewall test and it is apparantly still secure.

Have all those settings just like yours, if you test your connection on ps4 do you get the warning scrolling across the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

Have all those settings just like yours, if you test your connection on ps4 do you get the warning scrolling across the bottom?

No, mine is working fine. No errors

• Advertisement
Advertisement