Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend ps4??

Options
  • 28-12-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys thinking of upgrading to the ps4. Netflix and the ps store stopped working on my ps3 so I think that the blu ray is slowly on its way out so maybe it's a sign to part ways with it! I've saved up a bit over the xmas from work and actually have the ps4 for €350 with lbp3 reserved in Argos tomorrow. Should I go with it? Also If I did go through with it I'd probably trade lbp for something else on cex. Anybody have any suggestions? Was thinking about the last of us as I've never played it on ps3. Or would lbp3 be worth a try. Then again the parents are just after buying me a new laptop for Xmas which I'm very grateful of and will be very handy for college. I don't want to look like a greedy sod either by going off and getting a ps4 just days after Christmas. I'm fairly indecisive here. What should I do?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Dont delay, there open till 6 this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Stick with ps3 unless the very latest best graphics games are super important to you. Not enough games on ps4, too many missing functions. My 2 cents anyway for the moment. And I have considered it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

If your blu ray is on the way out, that will NOT affect Netflix or the PS store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

as eddhorse said Netflix & ps store would have nothing to do with the blu ray drive so what makes you think its on the way out ? If discs were failing to load or games were freezing this might indicate a problem with the blu ray drive.

I have both consoles myself and until more games come out on the ps4 I would hold off if I were you, maybe wait for the next Uncharted game as this should show us what the machine is really capable of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

eddhorse wrote: »
    If your blu ray is on the way out, that will NOT affect Netflix or the PS store.

Someone told me it was because of the blu ray. Good to hear it's not . Must be just connection issues. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DJ90 wrote: »
    Someone told me it was because of the blu ray. Good to hear it's not . Must be just connection issues. Thanks

PS4's are shiny though.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

So ive decided to wait a while before I buy one. I still have to play through the campaign on cod aw on ps3 anyway. Thanks too to the people that cleared up the thing about the blu ray. I really don't know what stupid notion I had in my head about it being on the way out!

Advertisement