Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping a bike to the UK

• 28-12-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you have experience of shipping to the UK
    I have sold a few bikes on eBay and have shipped with Fastway.. It was fine the first couple of times but I sold a frame for £300 shipped it supplied the tracking number then it dissapeared never to be seen again... I had to give the money back to the buyer I lost the frame and Fastway covered me for the loss to the tune of €50 .. It cost me €80 to send it so I didn't even get my shipping cost back ... What Wa***rs ... That was after 3 months of phone calls

Anyway I neeed to send another bike .. This one expensive .. So I need it properly covered by insurance ...
    Any idea of good shippers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I shipped a bike from UK to dublin for eur125 recently. Put up the job on anyvan.ie and got about 6 quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I presume you mean to britain, Armagh is only an hour spin in a car from Dublin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

www.shiply.com

(looks similar to anyvan.ie)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I got a bike transported from UK for about 50-60 over two years ago by a Transport company that travels between Ireland and continental Europe through UK. However, the destination would have to be on their route across Wales / England. There are a few companies that could do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

What about insurance cover ? For damage ... That's what concerns me ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

noc231073 wrote: »
    What about insurance cover ? For damage ... That's what concerns me ...
    Hi N.,
    I found details of the company I used in the past - have a look here at their T&C and you can contact them directly with questions.
    Where you are sending the bike to?

Advertisement