Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Get A Laptop With Around 1TB HDD And 8GB Memory For Around €300?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Just wondering is there anywhere I could get a new laptop with 1tb hdd and 8gb memory for around €300. I know there is not that good of a range of laptops with those specs for that price. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

RAM is cheap to upgrade in the future, and you can get external storage to supplement your needs in the future. But that's a big ask on a tiny budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Been looking at a lot of laptops recently around the 300-500 price range, never really see anything above 4gb memory until you get higher up. A tb hdd shouldn't be too difficult to get.

Maybe go under budget for the laptop with the hdd and upgrade the ram yourself?

You'll be making compromises in other areas though.

No expert on laptops but have done a lot of looking into what's available at what price recently.

The other option is to compromise on it being new.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Thanks for the replies but I recently got what I was looking for for around €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Care to share where?

Pc world. Its on the website in the january sales section. Its the HP Notebook 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

SW98 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies but I recently got what I was looking for for around €400.

For €400 yes. But not for €300.

ya thats what I said I got it for around €400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What is people's obsession with ram these days?

Considering that's a very low end processor, anything that requires 8GB ram would struggle with the lack of processing power long before RAM became an issue...

An i3 laptop with 4GB ram would be twice as fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"Me friend who's good with computers told me I need 8" or something along those lines.

I know its not all about how many cores it has but its quad core and its fast enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

SW98 wrote: »
    Pc world. Its on the website in the january sales section. Its the HP Notebook 15.

Is this the laptop you got

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/156-hp-notebook-15r160sa-laptop-hp/325304/104.10

I'm in the market for a new laptop! Would you recommend it, are you happy with your purchase?

corkie - yeah thats the one I got. I really like it. I think its nice and fast and does everything I want it to. I thought it was good value for what you get. The only thing is that the processor isnt that great. Its an intel pentium quad core which I think is on the cheaper side of the intel range. But it is ok as long as you are not using the laptop for gaming or anything like that, that requires a fast processor. As I am only really using the laptop for general use I think its perfect for me. Maybe just think about what you will be using the laptop for and then you can find out what processor you want. You could get a laptop with less ram and a better processor and then maybe upgrade the ram yourself in the future.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&lc=en&docname=c02433092

The above is my old laptop which did what I needed it for. So hopefully looking for tablet with better specs than that!

Yeah I dont know much about tablet pc specs. Dont know what specs they go up to or anything like that.

Nice. That has the extra 500gb hdd and a good processor. The core i5 should be good.

Advertisement