Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Name to Account

Options
  • 28-12-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi, my mother has a residential account with EI. Is it possible to add my father to this account. He is now 70 and qualifies for the Household Benefits from DSP. If so, please advise the easiest way for her to have him added. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi lotsofthegreen,

Thanks for your message.

The most straightforward way to have your father's name added to the account is if your mother and father ring up at the same time (1850 372 372, or +3531 8529534). To have a name added to an account, the permission of both the account holder and the person to be added to the account are required. This is often easiest over the phone.

Alternatively, emails could be sent separately by both your mother and your father confirming the request. 

For information on the Free Electricity Allowance and how to have it applied, see here

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Thanks David, I'll have them do that. Happy New Year
    Hi lotsofthegreen,

Thanks for your message.

The most straightforward way to have your father's name added to the account is if your mother and father ring up at the same time (1850 372 372, or +3531 8529534). To have a name added to an account, the permission of both the account holder and the person to be added to the account are required. This is often easiest over the phone.

Alternatively, emails could be sent separately by both your mother and your father confirming the request. 

For information on the Free Electricity Allowance and how to have it applied, see here

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Thanks David, I'll have them do that. Happy New Year

You're welcome lotsofthegreen, and the same to yourself. :-)

Advertisement