Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show your gaming setup

Options
  • 28-12-2014 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Been a while since we done one of these, and I know my setup has certainly changed over the year. I've packed away all the retro consoles I used to have out, to make space for more modern stuff ('m not the only user of the room). To soften the blow, I softmodded the Wii & loaded it up with retro goodies...but alas, it's never quite the same. Anyway, here's the gaming room in its current guise, the setup is - Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, & PC:

15flrtl.jpg

mls8d1.jpg

i44xzs.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Impressive, most impressive.

Will post mine later, was back in Ireland for the holidays, so am going back to a whole load of new games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

put you tv on the wall,hide box behind tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

braddun wrote: »
    put you tv on the wall,hide box behind tv

I've actually been mulling this over for some time, it'd free up the top of the shelf unit that the tv is currently on. The only thing stopping me, is that that isn't a wall, it's a mass/poured concrete chimney breast (this is the attic of the house) and I'd need a proper trade drill for the job I think. Plus, while it looks smooth in the pics, the surface isn't perfectly smooth so I'd need to deal with that too. Will continue to mull over :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

/quick tidy, and convince the dog he doesn't need to be in this one

9ibxoh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

This is my living/gaming room... I wish I could have a dedicated gaming room but that have to wait for the right numbers to come up in lotto...

5nj2v7.jpg

• Advertisement

Aeghnor wrote: »
    This is my living/gaming room... I wish I could have a dedicated gaming room but that have to wait for the right numbers to come up in lotto...

I see my room in your room :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jaysus lads I'm an amateur i just have an xbox one, a 42 inch tv and a 2tb hardrive on a coffee table!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Will have to do quite a bit of tidying before I can get mine ;) will also need to take 2 pics as the one is in the sitting room pc's and 360 in "office" ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

After a quick bit of cleaning, finally took pictures of my set up.

My 40 inch TV, hooked up to my XBox One, 360, Wii, Gaming PC(On the right) and a low power HTPC. On the left is my 9TB network drive.

Tg54gIQ.jpg

This is my monitor set up. It's hooked up to gaming PC you can see above. It's one of the downsides of having a one bedroom apartment. The monitor is a 1440p monster, which can make even my gaming pc cry.

ToTTt4R.jpg

A serious lack of games boxes in comparison to Calex and Myrddin, but I couldn't bring all my games from Ireland, and with this generation, I've gone digital only. Shame I didn't explain that to my folks, who bought me Halo on disk. Still, they could have got me socks instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

^^^^Why is your tv stand backwards:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

20150324_1752551.jpg

heres mine . ignore the dust:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My Xbox tends to get moved around quite a bit depending on where I feel like playing :D At the moment it's in my sittingroom with a 22" monitor on the coffee table but here's a couple of photos of my gaming room and sittingroom when I have it hooked up to main TV :)

Think I have xbox on desk shelf hidden in these pics.
    5dd1Wt0.jpg?1

fSFXmuD.jpg?1

Blurry photo with xbox on desk beside laptop this time

6ajlvvb.jpg?1

Xbox in sittingroom on main tv turned towards me sitting by the fire like an old bastard :D

EFNkVFV.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

^ Awesome.

I want that cooler :)

I want a tinny fridge now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

calex71 wrote: »
    I want a tinny fridge now :(

Why buy the fridge when you can train your wife/gf to bring beverages for ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Where can I get those lights???

Why buy the fridge when you can train your wife/gf to bring beverages for ya :D

For when she's working and you're not ;):D
    9bred4 wrote: »
    Where can I get those lights???

I got them in Lidl ages ago, they're just cheap chinese led light strips, very same as all the ones on ebay such as this one: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10M-3528-SMD-RGB-600LEDS-FLEXIBLE-STRIP-LIGHT-44-KEY-IR-REMOTE-CONTROLLER-5MX2-/371131655010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56692ba362

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Myrddin wrote: »
    Been a while since we done one of these, and I know my setup has certainly changed over the year. I've packed away all the retro consoles I used to have out, to make space for more modern stuff ('m not the only user of the room). To soften the blow, I softmodded the Wii & loaded it up with retro goodies...but alas, it's never quite the same. Anyway, here's the gaming room in its current guise, the setup is - Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, & PC:

I like your model landspeeder! also your other star wars figures :)
    (I cant quote posts with images yet dagnammit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

gnarbarian wrote: »
    I like your model landspeeder! also your other star wars figures :)
    (I cant quote posts with images yet dagnammit)

That's the Lego Landspeeder, it's pretty nice. There's proper Snow Speeder model there beside the tv, & two WW2 planes up with the Playstations. I love models :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had to downsize the man-cave to a man-box room, but it works :pac:

ZnAwfLE.jpg
    XQO5Uag.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Where do you hide all the stuff when you bring girls back? :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

These days it's more a case of trying to hide the OH so I can play in my nerd room for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Xbox one hooked up to optoma hd200x projector.

If you have the room, a projector is the way to go!

20150510_1452391.jpg

got a new tv stand and gave everything a clean:)

just after realizing aswel that theres not much room around the xb1 for air circulation??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

It mightn't be a lot but I still like it :)

92B34DFA-C7A2-4D3B-A24E-43994584CBC8_zpsaqm4qamq.jpg

rottie 11 wrote: »

just after realizing aswel that theres not much room around the xb1 for air circulation??

I see you got the collectors edition of GTA V that came with Franklins dog too niice :D

Ah I'd say it's fine, seems to be enough space around it. As long as it's not right against the wood like.

rottie 11 wrote: »

Was the extra security on the left really needed ???? :p

Was the extra security on the left really needed ???? :p

He was sitting right in front of the tv. Was hard enough to move him that much ::P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I see you got the collectors edition of GTA V that came with Franklins dog too niice :D

Ah I'd say it's fine, seems to be enough space around it. As long as it's not right against the wood like.

Lol chop :D

Ya theres about an inch at each side of the console

• Advertisement

RossD12 wrote: »
    It mightn't be a lot but I still like it :)

92B34DFA-C7A2-4D3B-A24E-43994584CBC8_zpsaqm4qamq.jpg

Tv seems very high?

Advertisement