Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show your gaming setup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Xbox one hooked up to optoma hd200x projector.

If you have the room, a projector is the way to go!

Is there much lag from a projector when online gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Tv seems very high?

When I watch TV/play the Xbox I don't usually sit on the seat under the desk, that's mainly for the laptop or anything else, I've a seat a bit back from it where I usually do watch TV, the TV's mount can tilt a bit more downwards than how it's set in the picture, I just tilted it a small bit upwards for the picture :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Multitasking at its finest here,
    qUROoKO.jpg?1

rain outside means no cycling, and I need to get my beer gut gone.

but I'm not going to leave that interfere with my gaming so I rigged up this arrangement. no multiplayer for obvious reasons, but I'm after getting through about 7 hours of The Witcher 2 like this (obviously not all in one sitting!) Turn on subtitles, and you really don't notice the time going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Is there much lag from a projector when online gaming?

Nope, no difference from what I can see anyways ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Multitasking at its finest here,
    qUROoKO.jpg?1

rain outside means no cycling, and I need to get my beer gut gone.

but I'm not going to leave that interfere with my gaming so I rigged up this arrangement. no multiplayer for obvious reasons, but I'm after getting through about 7 hours of The Witcher 2 like this (obviously not all in one sitting!) Turn on subtitles, and you really don't notice the time going.
    Haha doing the Ring of Kerry myself Stone next month , this is giving me ideas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The chair, the monitor stand and the Turtle Beaches are relatively new.

v3A7FhI.jpg
    gVlaMXY.jpg
    U8udlnE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Looks tidy. I like it! Love the riser so you can fit your xbox and kinect underneath your monitors. I see you purchased a loot crate or 2 as well? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Looks tidy. I like it! Love the riser so you can fit your xbox and kinect underneath your monitors. I see you purchased a loot crate or 2 as well? :D

Yes... never again :P

Made some changes to my setup recently, back using PC monitor /dual display.

Left monitor is a swap in for a smaller one that died on me no sooner had I mounted it and is too wide / long to be comfortable so will be swapping that out for a smaller one when I can. The right one is wired to both xbox and pc via hdmi so is main pc screen when xbox not in use. Speakers are Gigaworks T20 series 2 which I picked up for 60 quid !!!!

Oh and they are mounted on a Duronic DM352 which I can't recommend highly enough , well built and cost about half of what it would have cost to wall mount with vesa brackets and no drilling !!! Will take a 27'' each side at up to 8KG each.
    dUV4cPK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,314 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Had to downsize the man-cave to a man-box room, but it works :pac:

ZnAwfLE.jpg
    XQO5Uag.jpg

Maxi where did you get the cubes ? I've been looking for a set for a while but can't find any that would fit the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

This is it

Have a few of them around the house, dead handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Maxi, that room in unreal! My man cave was taken off me by the wifey... :(

This is it

Have a few of them around the house, dead handy!

Link isn't working ?

I want to get my room sorted in the next while now. Invested in a massive beanbag recently :D

Will add photos once its finished !!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Link isn't working ?

I want to get my room sorted in the next while now. Invested in a massive beanbag recently :D

Will add photos once its finished !!

Link worked ok for me, here's the url: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50305739/#/20275814

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Link should be working, if not it's called "Kallax" shelving unit in Ikea, €25!
    Maxi, that room in unreal! My man cave was taken off me by the wifey...

Sadly between needing space and needing cash, it has been mostly deconstructed :(

Mickeroo wrote: »

Hmmm. Will try on the laptop at lunch. Link brings me to IKEA but the 'Oops Something Went Wrong' page.

Link should be working, if not it's called "Kallax" shelving unit in Ikea, €25!

Sadly between needing space and needing cash, it has been mostly deconstructed :(

Thanks a lot !! That's a shame, it looked like a great setup.

Finally got my room started. Still want to do a bit more but happy with it for now :)

emmetkenny wrote:
    Finally got my room started. Still want to do a bit more but happy with it for now

Brown shoes and tax returns :D

Brown shoes and tax returns :D

Nope tax notes. Still studying :P

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote:
    Nope tax notes. Still studying

I tell ya. You have enough shows anyway :P Its tidy tho. I like it :)

I tell ya. You have enough shows anyway :P Its tidy tho. I like it :)

Three pairs are runners :P and two others are falling a part so could do with going in the bin. It was a though day putting it together so I'm taking a rest :D

Bit of a change since my last pic. No more mis-matched desks :P got an Ikea setup last summer that I'm happy with for now :)

No more Coca Cola fridge but I did trade it for the 40" Sony Bravia in the pic :p

Daytime:

6DWLGaK.jpg?1

Night-time:

lQG1ai6.jpg?1

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Careful your chair doesn't go through the fish tank. Could be an awful mess :D

Careful your chair doesn't go through the fish tank. Could be an awful mess :D

Will you stop. I'm half afraid the roof is going to cave in as it is lol. Containers filled with large volumes of water can be very heavy and I don't know how structurally sound this 110 year old house is :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

had it over in the home entertainment forum so may as well stick it here. apologies it's not showing a game on the screen. the somewhat visible 360 has been replaced with a one.

IMG_3326_zps13e52386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I've got some TV envy going, nice setup mossy. What size is that?

Don't tell me thats a TV? I assumed it was a projector the size of it :o
    Very nice mature setup :)

120" screen. projector on the celing over my head. cheated a bit in that i got to design the room before first fix was even done so go to run the cables in wall, put a power socket on the ceiling beside the projector, that sort of thing

• Advertisement

Don't tell me thats a TV? I assumed it was a projector the size of it :o
    Very nice mature setup :)

yup, projector
    IMG_3325_zpsd60940b1.jpg

Advertisement