Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show your gaming setup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That looks wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mossym wrote: »
    had it over in the home entertainment forum so may as well stick it here. apologies it's not showing a game on the screen. the somewhat visible 360 has been replaced with a one.

IMG_3326_zps13e52386.jpg

Can we call over and play Xbox? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Woooof that looks glorious. I'm hunched over a 28" sitting in an old dining chair like a god damn savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

had it over in the home entertainment forum so may as well stick it here. apologies it's not showing a game on the screen. the somewhat visible 360 has been replaced with a one.

IMG_3326_zps13e52386.jpg

very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not to sound like a country bumpkin but it looks like a rich Yanks house...

Seriously thinking about copying that setup in my attic room now, cant really think of anything stopping me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Thargor wrote: »
    Not to sound like a country bumpkin but it looks like a rich Yanks house...

Seriously thinking about copying that setup in my attic room now, cant really think of anything stopping me.

rich no, that setup has been built over the last 20 years, upgrading bit by bit. not sure any of the first setup remains, but 2 of the speakers at least i've had over 10 years, the rear ones.

the house is in the country, not in a city, so nothing to do with bumpkin or not :)

copy away, the rack is my own custom design though, built specifically, so you're not going to find it anywhere. and you'd be scared to see the amount of equipment it hides, not to mention the amount of cables. you can't see the processor, the power amps, the pc, satellite box, equalizer for the sub, HT level surge protector and various switches and stuff.

Did you build the rack or just design the and pass off the specs to a third party? End result is very neat!

Did you build the rack or just design the and pass off the specs to a third party? End result is very neat!

did the design and got it built for me. could have gotten the wood cut and built, but the hidden doors and consistency of the stain were the things that put me off building myself.

allows all the gear to be hidden, plus the main sitting room is the other side of the wall, so have piped a second output from the processor through the wall and can watch any of the gear and play the xbox in there as well, IR repeaters run through to allow control.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's finding the space that's the problem.
    I also live in the country side and would love a room like that to set my stuff up in, maybe when I retire and I can build on!
    Or maybe when the youngfella moves out in ten years time, I can convert his room into a cinema!

Anyways, as it is I am up in the attic, which was converted some 12 years ago now and had a toilet and proper stairs installed some six years ago, maybe more now....
    My retro stuff is up there, from the PS2 to an Atari Pong console, and most things inbetween, they use a Sony Trinitron 29", that I've owned for 17 years now, a no name 25" tv on it's side, for tate mode shooters, a couple of 14" portables and a lovely PVM Sony 9" monitor.
    VfGgj3pl.jpg

3wftM82l.jpg

kdQaHfEl.jpg

ZHrvikMl.jpg

ZpdlE19l.jpg

My cab is in the room below, a AWSD Candy cab,
    b4CCZeil.jpg
    and the current stuff is in the sitting room, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, WiiU and Retron5, and they're plumbed into a 42" Samsung plasma, super colours on it.
    P1okaNrl.jpg
    vVM7jL0l.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've left out pictures of the games themselves, there's a lot of them and you all know what that looks like!
    RBGs all around for consoles that use them too, the images just pop off the screen as a result.
    I run the Dreamcast through a VGA cable into a SD LCD panel, and the games look fantastic there.

• Advertisement

Jaysis Cider that's a lot of gear...envious but I got in the habit of not holding onto physical games for more than a few years because of space restrictions in all my rented accommodation.

Would love a room or two filled with everything i'd ever bought!

i was two thirds of the way down that wondering was an xbox going to make an appearance or not. that's an impressive collection of consoles.

Jaysis Cider that's a lot of gear...envious but I got in the habit of not holding onto physical games for more than a few years because of space restrictions in all my rented accommodation.

Would love a room or two filled with everything i'd ever bought!

I had a lot of stuff over the years but sold them on as each new gen came along.
    Then I bought a Jap Dreamcast at launch and, with the EU release, capitalised on it and sold it, but in doing so got cash and an N64 with a few games, from then on I was just picking stuff up here and there, a small to modest budget and time will result in a decent collection, mine is from 17 years of collecting now and I'm still on the lookout for certain things!
    I rarely spend big on consoles and games, with only a few exceptions, patience and a willingness to take the time to watch auctions can reap great rewards, like my Steel Battalion setup that I got for €25!

you say it's a question of space, i say it's a question of time. i hardly have enough time to make use of the one console i have , let alone even think about trying to make use of any of those!!

i was two thirds of the way down that wondering was an xbox going to make an appearance or not. that's an impressive collection of consoles.

I've the whole lot, a toasted Xbox thanks to Retr0 killing it with the most patriotic game ever, a perfect crystal Xbox, two 360's and an Xbox One.
    If a format has only one amazing game, it makes that format worth owning... like Tempest 3000 on the Nuon.

you say it's a question of space, i say it's a question of time. i hardly have enough time to make use of the one console i have , let alone even think about trying to make use of any of those!!

I know, but if I ever get a want on me to play Asteroids on my Vectrex, Mario Tennis on the Virtual Boy, Sega Rally on the Saturn or Tokyo Bus Guide on my Dreamcast, I know they are there, waiting for me!
    I'm currently on an arcade stick buzz, having gotten a Micomsoft XE stick for my Turbografx 16 and a big ass arcade stick for my 360 out of CEX.
    Now converting a single player Tankstick into an classic arcade console with the help of a Raspberry Pi Zero!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I like your movie posters too Mossy. Have been meaning to pick up some black frames like that for my room but put gaming posters in mine probably.

If you're ever in Wexford, you should visit Ballinesker Beach, Curracloe Strand, it's where the Omaha beach/Normandy beach landings in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan was shot. Of course you probably already know that but just in case. Beautiful spot! :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I like your movie posters too Mossy. Have been meaning to pick up some black frames like that for my room but put gaming posters in mine probably.

If you're ever in Wexford, you should visit Ballinesker Beach, Curracloe Strand, it's where the Omaha beach/Normandy beach landings in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan was shot. Of course you probably already know that but just in case. Beautiful spot! :)

I bring the dogs down there for a walk. It's nice early in the morning.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

best man at my wedding was one of the FCA extras in the movie. have seen all his pics of him with spielberg, vin diesel, giovanni ribissi, hanks, sizemore, the lot. :)

bit of advice if you go down the poster route. get the frames built, get the posters cold mounted and get non reflective glass put it.

1) cold mounted stops the posters sliding down inside the frame and wrinklng
    2) non reflective glass, well, does what is says on the tin, but stops the reflection of the tv/screen beaming back at you 4x.

the cold mounting is impressive, even though the BOB and SPR posters i have are not the normal glossy paper and are a heavier canvas type paper with a grainy texture and a painted like finish, they haven't budged in almost 8 years of being in the frames.

reminds me, i have a set of these to get framed and added
    http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/products/andy-fairhurst-star-wars-perspective-2

Just wanted to update my set up.

Got some LEDs installed today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote:
    Got some LEDs installed today

WOW!!! ðŸ˜

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    WOW!!! ðŸ˜

Here's a link to the ones I bought

led strip,TENLION 5050 led strip lights,RGB led strips lighting full kit +44 key IR remote+12V UK charger (built-in IC and fuse)Power Supply https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CHYPRP4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_wbpeybZHB8D0E

And another photo :pac:

emmetkenny wrote:
    And another photo

Pure sex! So cool man!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just wanted to update my set up.

Got some LEDs installed today :)

Looks deadly. I've always wanted to get some LEDs for behind the TV, to help deal with the eye strain.

It also looks like you moved into your house, realised that there's a portal to another world in one of the rooms, and then decided to deal with it by pushing a TV in front of it. "There, that'll stop the demons!"

CatInABox wrote: »
    Looks deadly. I've always wanted to get some LEDs for behind the TV, to help deal with the eye strain.

It also looks like you moved into your house, realised that there's a portal to another world in one of the rooms, and then decided to deal with it by pushing a TV in front of it. "There, that'll stop the demons!"

Yes that's exactly it :pac: pesky mutants :D

CatInABox wrote: »

not the best idea really. ideally you want a dark wall behind your screen, lights or a light paint colour have the effect of making the eye focus on the whole thing, rather than just tv. so you end up looking at a tv inside a small frame essentially which just makes your tv look smaller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

not the best idea really. ideally you want a dark wall behind your screen, lights or a light paint colour have the effect of making the eye focus on the whole thing, rather than just tv. so you end up looking at a tv inside a small frame essentially which just makes your tv look smaller.

I was more going along the lines of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Bought a new house recently and I'm lucky enough that the attic is converted. Needed some work though, new carpet, painting, etc which I now have done so I've started step 2 of setting the room up now. Pretty simple so far but happy with today's work, starting to come together now.

I got the unit from littlewoods which comes with an led light on the front. I purchased an led light for the back of the tv from groupon, saw the deal posted on the Xbox forum the other week.

Will post additional pics at a later point when I have gaming and movies posters framed and up on the wall. It will be an ongoing project for the next few months, will also be adding some home automation at some point.

IMG_6289.jpg

WOWZERS ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    Bought a new house recently and I'm lucky enough that the attic is converted. Needed some work though, new carpet, painting, etc which I now have done so I've started step 2 of setting the room up now. Pretty simple so far but happy with today's work, starting to come together now.

I got the unit from littlewoods which comes with an led light on the front. I purchased an led light for the back of the tv from groupon, saw the deal posted on the Xbox forum the other week.

Will post additional pics at a later point when I have gaming and movies posters framed and up on the wall. It will be an ongoing project for the next few months, will also be adding some home automation at some point.

IMG_6289.jpg

Get yourself a Hue Go for either side of the stand and you'll be laughing.

I picked one up recently and don't use my LEDs anymore.

Advertisement