Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show your gaming setup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Get yourself a Hue Go for either side of the stand and you'll be laughing.

Apparently some guy called 'Hugo' created that.

My partner knows someone who's handy with coat hangers, a hammer and some snips and made me these for my new desk.

lgDJ7II.jpg

3SBIxED.jpg

Going to rejig this in the next week and move the desk to the other side and have a pal properly shelve the corner for me , then new 2 seat sofa and TV

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

XB1s
    49" KS7000
    LS30s
    Elite Controller
    :)
    i0rJ704.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Bit of a change since my last pic. No more mis-matched desks :P got an Ikea setup last summer that I'm happy with for now :)

No more Coca Cola fridge but I did trade it for the 40" Sony Bravia in the pic :p

Daytime:

6DWLGaK.jpg?1

Night-time:

lQG1ai6.jpg?1

:D

I know you posted this awhile back Misky but I was wondering do you know if that desk is still available in IKEA? It looks exactly like what I want for the other corner of the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tony1980 wrote: »
    I know you posted this awhile back Misky but I was wondering do you know if that desk is still available in IKEA? It looks exactly like what I want for the other corner of the attic.

It sure is.

It's the LINNMON table top in black: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/linnmon-table-top-black-brown-art-00251338/

&

The ADILS legs in black: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/linnmon-table-top-black-brown-art-00251338/

There's different size/colour variations of the table-tops and different colour options for the legs to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nice setup Warpasylum but why not invest in a proper desk? Then you'd have a killer setup, that unit just doesn't look right for gaming.

It sure is.

It's the LINNMON table top in black: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/linnmon-table-top-black-brown-art-00251338/

&

The ADILS legs in black: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/linnmon-table-top-black-brown-art-00251338/

There's different size/colour variations of the table-tops and different colour options for the legs to choose from.

Cheers Misky, trip to Ikea this week is on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Thargor wrote:
    Nice setup Warpasylum but why not invest in a proper desk? Then you'd have a killer setup, that unit just doesn't look right for gaming.

Cheers!!! :)

Oh yeah, it's far from finished. I've just made do with what's already here.

Next on the list is a white PS4 slim (for the exclusives) and a second gaming chair for my daughter/friends.
    Then I can get on to the asthetics.

I really wanted this for dual monitor set up but space wouldn't allow :(

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/fredde-workstation-black-art-50219044/

The selling point was the beverage holder, it's even on the right of the desk so I can use the mouse with my left hand as I do and get a sup when needed with my right :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I really wanted this for dual monitor set up but space wouldn't allow :(

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/fredde-workstation-black-art-50219044/

The selling point was the beverage holder, it's even on the right of the desk so I can use the mouse with my left hand as I do and get a sup when needed with my right :pac:

Have that desk, the cupholder is just the right size for a pint glass :D

ShOVzByl.jpg

As you can tell from the walls, room is a work in progress, no LED strips or anything yet. Thinking of going to a dual monitor set up myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Curious why you have the PC on top of the desk rather than on the floor beside it?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Curious why you have the PC on top of the desk rather than on the floor beside it?

Main reason is to keep it away from the cats when they happen to get in. :pac: It wouldn't fit on the shelves either and I didn't really want it sitting on carpet.

Mickeroo wrote:
    I didn't really want it sitting on carpet.

You could put a small piece of board underneath if you were inclined.

Is it advisable to move it? I know it would be slightly cooler on the floor but would it not pick up a lot more dust and that?

Now I've seen that desk in a real world house and not an Ikea one it makes be want to make room for one :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

You could put a small piece of board underneath if you were inclined.

nice trick i learnt, i've useed for audio equipment and speakers, would work for a pc too, go down to a kitchen makers that cuts their own worktops, and ask them for an off-cut of granite that's left over from a previous job. talk nice you might get it for nothing, or they might charge you a few bob.

gives a really solid base to put stuff on

then if it is anything that vibrates, like a pc, buy a pack of squash balls, cut in half, and place the halves under the feet of the units. soaks up the vibrations and will remove most of the noise

have used it under pc's blu-ray players, xbox, everything and it helps a lot

mossym wrote:
    nice trick i learnt, i've useed for audio equipment and speakers, would work for a pc too, go down to a kitch makers that uts their own worktops, and ask them for an off-cut of granite that's left over from a previosu job. talk nice you might get it for nothing, or they might charge you a few bob.

Oh yeah Mr fancy pants with his granite. Chipboard isn't good enough :P

Oh yeah Mr fancy pants with his granite. Chipboard isn't good enough :P

use my trick above and the granite costs less than the chipboard :)

I have done this before myself, got an offcut in BnQ for nothing, they usually only charge a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Now I've seen that desk in a real world house and not an Ikea one it makes be want to make room for one :D

I have it too and use it for my desk when working from home. Have my own PC (which I can use to game stream from Xbox One in different room - hence the X360 controller) and work laptop setup on it. I like it, didn't realise those were drink holders in the corner though, thought they were a weird place for a hole for cables!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

This is my setup since I got rid of the PS4 and moved the Xbox elite downstairs, lighting is quite bad in the room so apologies for the pic.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    This is my setup since I got rid of the PS4 and moved the Xbox elite downstairs, lighting is quite bad in the room so apologies for the pic.

Witcher 3 :D

Nice Star Wars collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't mean to alarm you but you actually have a One S and not an Elite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

You also have 12 unread messages and 1 alert, you should check them out!

i take it his elite is downstairs :)

Witcher 3 :D

Nice Star Wars collection :)

Thanks, its only a small part of it ! Had to stop as i ran out of room !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks, its only a small part of it ! Had to stop as i ran out of room !

Surely you've got room for this tiny thing, you know, right in front there, on the ground....

10221?id=NUPQJ0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=495&hei=371&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0&printRes=72

CatInABox wrote: »
    Surely you've got room for this tiny thing, you know, right in front there, on the ground....

10221?id=NUPQJ0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=495&hei=371&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0&printRes=72

Nah never bothered with that one at the time, hindsight is a great thing though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Slightly off topic but where are you guys getting your Movie/game posters? Most places are fairly expensive but looking for a few when I move house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Local cinema, if you get someone sound enough, they will either have a spare poster or give you one of the ones that are on display once they change it.
    I got 1 from the Odeon in Blanch for my sister a while back

Advertisement