Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Stage 1 2015

• 28-12-2014 8:09pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A thread for anyone applying to the IEC in 2015. Discuss, chat, strategise, speculate etc here.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

First time applicant here. Hopefully all goes OK for a working holiday visa. We've set ourselves on moving over late next year.

I have read the FAQ thread, but one thing I'm unsure over is the waiting lists. EG: If I miss out when the IEC opens initially, is that my chances of getting a WH visa gone? Or is there a good chance of being taken from the waiting list at some point later in the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

newg300 wrote: »
    First time applicant here. Hopefully all goes OK for a working holiday visa. We've set ourselves on moving over late next year.

I have read the FAQ thread, but one thing I'm unsure over is the waiting lists. EG: If I miss out when the IEC opens initially, is that my chances of getting a WH visa gone? Or is there a good chance of being taken from the waiting list at some point later in the year?

They've been taking people off the waiting list for most of the year. It's not guaranteed but if you get on it early enough you should be totally fine.

OK thanks.

How early is "early"? I see in the other thread that initial places were gone on a matter of minutes. Would you need to be getting on the waiting list within a few hours or days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

I don't think anyone can definitively answer any questions about next year's waiting list just yet- everything seems completely up in the air as regards the 2015 process at the moment. Generally I think it's safest to assume places will be snapped up immediately and it's best to apply as soon as it opens for application.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

i got mine in the first stage but think they were all snapped up in 10 minutes after that your on a waiting list if you didnt make the 2nd stage of visas.

Do they announce a time as well as date in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Does anyone know where to the get the Canadian Resume template?

newg300 wrote: »
    Do they announce a time as well as date in advance?

ya they do they tell you the date and time just be ready on your computer when it opens

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Can somebody please explain the kompass account for me. I know I need to open one but is it only possible when they open the visas? Would it not be an advantage to somebody who has as account from last year or can I register one anytime?

thanks

Slanty wrote: »
    Can somebody please explain the kompass account for me. I know I need to open one but is it only possible when they open the visas? Would it not be an advantage to somebody who has as account from last year or can I register one anytime?

thanks

as far as i know if you have a kompass account from last year you can still use it but with iec site down not able to log into i dont think, you can log into your cic account anytime you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

as far as i know if you have a kompass account from last year you can still use it but with iec site down not able to log into i dont think, you can log into your cic account anytime you want.

You were not able to re-use Kompass account from 2013 for the 2014 applications - I doubt you'll be able to use an account from 2014 for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Thanks for replys guys. So before stage1 comes out they will let us register a kompass account or once stage 1 is opened you need to register then??

Slanty wrote: »
    Thanks for replys guys. So before stage1 comes out they will let us register a kompass account or once stage 1 is opened you need to register then??

as soon as the iec website is up and runnign you can make a kompass account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stevoy17

Do ya need till have a kompace account filled in before stage 1 opens

• Registered Users Posts: 4 User2015

Hi, quick question- I can't seem to find where they announce that the IEC 2015 is open on the canadian site.Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ATG

User2015 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question- I can't seem to find where they announce that the IEC 2015 is open on the canadian site.Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Thanks

I'm looking for this too. I've subscribed to the canadian embassy new email thing in the off chance that it comes up there.

As said previously, when the iec website is up and running it will tell ye the dates and times when will be open to apply, nobody on here or usit will know when the opening date will be until the website is running, just keep checking iec canada.

Thanks for Reply, sorry my message bit vague all right. I'm aware of that but I was just looking for a link for the actual page where the announce news of visa openings, they used to have a really clear home page with an obvious section down the side, all new now.

Thanks for Reply, sorry my message bit vague all right. I'm aware of that but I was just looking for a link for the actual page where they announce news of visa openings, they used to have a really clear home page with an obvious section down the side, all new now.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

ATG wrote: »
    I'm looking for this too. I've subscribed to the canadian embassy new email thing in the off chance that it comes up there.

Where can you subscribe to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp
    The International Experience Canada (IEC) 2015 season will not open before mid-February 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 n!amhypoo

Hey everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this; I'm currently finishing off my Ph.D and I'm hoping to move to Ottawa with my Canadian boyf when I finish in September. When making your resume for Stage 1, when you're talking about the dates of employment/ education, can you give an expected end date, even though it's a good bit after the visa might be issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

Ok pretend im an eejit...
    i have tried to apply for 2015...everything downloaded except for the kompass a/c and iec acceptance leter....which it wont let me create on the official canadian website....saying there are 0 spaces...

can anyone explain to me what happens next.....in lay mans terms

did i miss the boat for this year or what

Ok pretend im an eejit...
    i have tried to apply for 2015...everything downloaded except for the kompass a/c and iec acceptance leter....which it wont let me create on the official canadian website....saying there are 0 spaces...

can anyone explain to me what happens next.....in lay mans terms

did i miss the boat for this year or what

its not even open yet for 2015 and 2014 finished, they will update the site when its updated you can create a kompass account for 2015 and they will tell you the date and time to when 2015 is open to apply for the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

Cheers...
    any idea what date....

Cheers...
    any idea what date....

nobody knows until the website is up just have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Ok let's say these visas are announced mid February.

* What do I need to apply.

* Should I have anything prepared or is it just a case of register on the site to show my intention to go?

* I know the visas go quickly...so how long does stage one stay open for?

Ok let's say these visas are announced mid February.

* What do I need to apply.

* Should I have anything prepared or is it just a case of register on the site to show my intention to go?

* I know the visas go quickly...so how long does stage one stay open for?

really should read the thread think this question been answered alot of times. you need cv, picture of passport ready in your computer, have your kompass account made and ready when it opens you upload fill out questions quick as you can and apply visas usually gone in 10 mins but you have a second chance after stage 1, if you get to stage 2 you need garda clearance cert also its 95 euros for 2 year visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

really should read the thread think this question been answered alot of times. you need cv, picture of passport ready in your computer, have your kompass account made and ready when it opens you upload fill out questions quick as you can and apply visas usually gone in 10 mins but you have a second chance after stage 1, if you get to stage 2 you need garda clearance cert also its 95 euros for 2 year visa.

Thanks very much for all of that. I can't seem to register with kompass though...