Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Stage 1 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

Id suggest having the cic forms all ready (cv ,photo id,garda form and those other forms ) uploaded into your cic account before you fill out that kompass account...

im just waiting on the garda form ...

im under no illusions about the difficulty of getting a visa (probably wont get one)

Yes..

its not open yet.

Thats gonna be the fun bit

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

when the site opens you can create your kompass account and it will then tell you date and time when visa application opens have your pic of your passport and cv ready when stage one opens you need your garda cert for stage 2 but have it anyways saves time in stage 2 where you create you mycic acc to get the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kraven

Are people sending off for their garda certs now or waiting until they know it is going to open?

They have to be under 3 months old for IEC so I don't want to risk it if the IEC won't open too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

It'll definitely open before May (3 months from now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Id suggest having the cic forms all ready (cv ,photo id,garda form and those other forms ) uploaded into your cic account before you fill out that kompass account...

im just waiting on the garda form ...

im under no illusions about the difficulty of getting a visa (probably wont get one)

What are "those other forms"????

Theres like a checklist of things to fill out...6 or 7 in all.....when you have created the cic account..its the cv , garsa form , photo id , and a couple of other forms that you just open from an attachnemt (immi149 or something like that) that you can do electronically.

I presume you do.that mostly after you create the kompass account..but seeing as that isnt open yet...and you need the acceptance letter its no harm having the stuff ready anyway..

i think thats the situation but im not 100%...hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Looks like the fee is going up by $100

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp
    New fee for open work permit applicants

A fee of $100 will be collected, also starting February 21, 2015, from open work permit applicants. This fee will be paid at the same time as the work permit processing fee and can be paid online. The fees collected will offset the cost of new initiatives to improve data collection on the role of open work permit holders in the Canadian labour market, as well as increased promotional activities to encourage open work permit holders to apply for permanent residence.

Do you know when the kompass a/c is open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Does it matter if you are not in your country of residence when applying for IEC 2015?

• Advertisement

William F wrote: »
    Does it matter if you are not in your country of residence when applying for IEC 2015?

nope

Cool. Looks as though applications should be opened quite soon.

mine last year was at the end of march.

mine last year was at the end of march.

How did you get on? Did you enjoy it?

William F wrote: »
    How did you get on? Did you enjoy it?

i mean apply for it wasd last year in march, im not going till may 4th ha.

i mean apply for it wasd last year in march, im not going till may 4th ha.

I think May is a good time to go. You will catch the best of weather by then.

Going in Feb/Mar is off-putting considering the cold weather. Can't imagine running around it that trying to get things done.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

Hey, anyone hear any news about the open date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I don't envy you guys playing the waiting game-this time last year I was in exactly the same boat!

From what I remember, the key to me snagging a visa (in the first round) was having all the info already entered and being able to hit "submit" the second I could.

Stuff like passports/garda certs/CVs aren't needed in the immediate. You'll certainly want to make sure they're good to go soon (especially the passport-you need it to be in date for the entire duration of your stay here). My Garda clearance was done in a few days, but depends on your local station.

Also, try to make sure you have access to decent broadband etc. on the night. One of my mates missed out due to crappy internet connection, broke her heart. :(

The YP category opens on March 5th, time TBA

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=ie&cat=yp

Once this opens you should be able to create a Kompass account that can be used for the WHV program.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Can anyone remember from last year how far apart the respective programs opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

I think it was only 2/3 days, but can't be sure. I just know I re-read my kompass application over and over again for a few days before the WHV opened. Definitely would have lost my mind if it was any longer than 3 days.

I am surprised the YPV for Ireland has already been announced, ahead of the UK visas! Considering the UK opened months before Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

It says the time is 3pm Irish time for the YP visa. Will this be similar for the WH visa or what was it last year? No idea how I can sort this with work

It says the time is 3pm Irish time for the YP visa. Will this be similar for the WH visa or what was it last year? No idea how I can sort this with work

Hard to say. Don't forget the clocks go forward in Canada this weekend so that might change the time a bit.

Last year they all opened at 8pm Irish time (3pm ottawa).
    You can set it all up for when the WHV open and it'll only take 2 minutes of typing then on the day (log in, click into category, select WH, click submit, confirm password, email and d.o.b. = done) if you can't do it at work just have someone you trust do it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

8pm would be great. Its not that I couldn't do it at work. Just can be mental so would be risky that could end up on phone. I'll ask someone else I think.

8pm would be great. Its not that I couldn't do it at work. Just can be mental so would be risky that could end up on phone. I'll ask someone else I think.

Sneaky toilet break with laptop? haha Or if your boss is sound you could ask for a late lunch (2.30-3.30).

Hopefully it is 8pm though. But it could even be open on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

so i tried to create a Kompass account there and its not open.

is it 8pm tonight or what that I can create one??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

See when we are opening our Kompass it asks for our Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd) (as shown in passport) but our irish passports go dd-mm-yyyy so what way do I input my dob ? any help much appreciated

For example lets say the date of birth on mine is 01 ME/JUN 1989

• Advertisement

Joekers wrote: »
    See when we are opening our Kompass it asks for our Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd) (as shown in passport) but our irish passports go dd-mm-yyyy so what way do I input my dob ? any help much appreciated

For example lets say the date of birth on mine is 01 ME/JUN 1989

Use the format that is asked for by kompass.

Advertisement