Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Stage 1 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Hi all, I'm just filling out Kompass account now For questions such as your address and "other names", do I have to repeat the answers with each asterisks? IE Do I need to repeat my current address three times, or does clicking "same as mainling address" cover this?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

How much notice do you think we'll get?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ucd6

If you have lived in the UK do you need to get Garda/police clearance form from there also??

Hey everyone,

So I’ve set up both Kompass and MyCIC account’s.

Trouble is I’m confused by the MyCIC part. Has anyone gone through this process that could advise me?

I’m answering questions regarding the "apply for visitor visa, study and/or work permit" but it hasn’t given me the option for the ‘Work Holiday Visa'

Is there a certain way to answer the questions to get that option or is it because the quota hasn’t opened yet?

Thanks in advance from a confused mofo :)

Hey everyone,

So I’ve set up both Kompass and MyCIC account’s.

Trouble is I’m confused by the MyCIC part. Has anyone gone through this process that could advise me?

I’m answering questions regarding the "apply for visitor visa, study and/or work permit" but it hasn’t given me the option for the ‘Work Holiday Visa'

Is there a certain way to answer the questions to get that option or is it because the quota hasn’t opened yet?

Thanks in advance from a confused mofo :)

Woops nevermind I'm an idiot - Turns out International Experience Canada initiative is the same thing, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

Im currently at work but ive trying all weekend to open a kompass account but it wont let me...

Ive also just turned 36 a few days ago...think it might be game over for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 heiid4

I have always been a resident of Galway, bank statements car documentation etc always going Galway address, but I was also at the same time a resident in Belfast paying uk tax for 3 years from 2011-2014

I have Garda clearance now, but do I need to get UK clearance too considering I was a duel resident?

It takes up to 8 weeks to get UK clearance and costs at least 75 euro which at this stage will be too late (Sending it today).

What are the consequences of just using Garda clearance alone?
    If it dosent arrive in time Should I just apply with Garda clearance without UK clearance and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Im currently at work but ive trying all weekend to open a kompass account but it wont let me...

Ive also just turned 36 a few days ago...think it might be game over for me

Would have been game over anyway, the date that matters is the date you actually apply for IEC Visa with the Kompass account.

Ya thought so...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 my_walls

heiid4 it only takes 10 working days for the UK cert. You've been on the ACPO website yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dannimcq1

Hi there,

Thanks for anyone who has posted on this page. I have found so many helpful answers so far!

I'm just getting everything ready for the Working Holiday Visa application to open now but have a question about police clearance.

I've applied to the Gardi and am waiting for them to get back to me with a certificate.

I've been living in England for the last few years, so think I need to get one from here too. I thought I would apply using this link: cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/apply.asp but when looking at it, I realised this is the exact same thing I filled out when getting my CRB. I'm a primary school teacher, and got my latest CRB in September.

Do you think this will count as an english police certificate?

If you think you can help me in any way I would really appreciate it!!

Hi there,

it looks like a lot of people are creating Kompass Accounts before the working holiday visa quota opens.

How is everyone doing this?!

Are you applying through a co-op or young professional visa first or something?

You don't actually have to select your visa category until submitting it. So once any visa for your country opens, then you can open a Kompass account - the restriction on them is just based on country, not country and visa category. You can then fill out everything except for the one page about your visa category, which you can fill out when the quota opens.

my_walls wrote: »
    You don't actually have to select your visa category until submitting it. So once any visa for your country opens, then you can open a Kompass account - the restriction on them is just based on country, not country and visa category. You can then fill out everything except for the one page about your visa category, which you can fill out when the quota opens.

I see what you mean. So I'm waiting for Ireland to open. Has Ireland opened theirs already?

Yeah, co-op and young professional opened last week. So you can go ahead and make your account, and fill out most of it.

my_walls wrote: »
    Yeah, co-op and young professional opened last week. So you can go ahead and make your account, and fill out most of it.

Thank you so much! I have filled in everything except the IEC part which only have the YP or CO-OP option... so I'll wait for the WHV option to open.

Should I create a CIC account too or will my information transfer across once I have a Conditional Letter? (Hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

dannimcq1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I have filled in everything except the IEC part which only have the YP or CO-OP option... so I'll wait for the WHV option to open.

Should I create a CIC account too or will my information transfer across once I have a Conditional Letter? (Hopefully!)

Create mycic now. When you get your CAL you save it then attach it to your cic application.

I thought you could only create a MyCIC after the WHV opened up?

Could i ask a favor from one of you..

Could you copy and paste that link for kompass ac.

i must be looking in the wrong place....and i have all the mycic stuff all filled out

cheers star

newg300 wrote: »
    I thought you could only create a MyCIC after the WHV opened up?

Nope. You can create it now and it is valid for six months. You can fill it out now then all you have to do is attach CAL.

I think this link might work, Star. https://kompass-2015-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&Lang=eng&_ga=1.29859191.937023736.1425338267 ??

• Advertisement

Thanks, I have started on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What's a mycic account???

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

its to get your work permit

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Anyone having issues with their email address?? Keeps saying mine is invalid...

Kompass = stage 1

Mycic = stage 2

Anyone having issues with their email address?? Keeps saying mine is invalid...

Is this to log back in or to create?

If it is to log back in, errors seemed to be common enough last year, even happened to me the day the visas open (thankfully earlier in the day). I just turned computer on and off again and it worked then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

There's a question on the MyCIC that asks if you have any caregiving experience or formal training within the last 3 years. I'm doing fetac 5 early childhood studies but I don't plan on working with children in Canada. If I put it down is there a chance they'll ask for a medicAL?

FoosChic wrote: »
    There's a question on the MyCIC that asks if you have any caregiving experience or formal training within the last 3 years. I'm doing fetac 5 early childhood studies but I don't plan on working with children in Canada. If I put it down is there a chance they'll ask for a medicAL?

Yeah I think if you say 'yes' to this they will request a medical so I'd say 'no'. You're not qualified in it yet anyway so technically not really a lie? :pac:

But if you'd rather you can say 'yes' and see what happens. you can always start again with mycic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anybody got a link handy to where I sign up for mycic account???

• Advertisement

Anybody got a link handy to where I sign up for mycic account???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Use GCkey

Advertisement