Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Stage 1 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Thanks so much, so I've set up account, made all my security questions etc.

Where's the section to update cv and photo of passport etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Thanks so much, so I've set up account, made all my security questions etc.

Where's the section to update cv and photo of passport etc??

Have you done the come to canada questionnaire thing? Kinda hard thinking back to when I applied now but I think you do the questionnaire, and get a code. When you create mycic it asks for the code that you got from the questionnaire?

http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do;jsessionid=6BECC482D22139F1935F1EE8DC16A4C1

No I don't know what you're on about there...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 heiid4

my_walls wrote: »
    heiid4 it only takes 10 working days for the UK cert. You've been on the ACPO website yeah?

Not including my 3 years in Belfast I have 3 years ROI Coumputer Science experience.

If my UK clearance dosn't come on time for WV release, I might apply leaving 3 years in belfast out of the resumé

Does anyone know if this would make it through the process? or if its a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

heiid4 wrote: »
    Not including my 3 years in Belfast I have 3 years ROI Coumputer Science experience.

If my UK clearance dosn't come on time for WV release, I might apply leaving 3 years in belfast out of the resumé

Does anyone know if this would make it through the process? or if its a good idea?

Being dishonest with immigration authorities is a terrible idea.

• Advertisement

:(

You have plenty of time. The police certs are for stage 2 so there is no rush!

guest124 wrote: »
    You have plenty of time. The police certs are for stage 2 so there is no rush!

excellent thanks
    ive sent off the APCO UK Police Clearance form off, hopefully it will return on time for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13 my_walls

Where did you get the "8 weeks" figure for the ACPO cert? All I've seen on the website says 10 working days?

• Advertisement

my_walls wrote: »
    Where did you get the "8 weeks" figure for the ACPO cert? All I've seen on the website says 10 working days?

I read it on the form, I guess 8 weeks is an absolute worst case scenario, read it and panicked

I'm still a bit confused about a mycic account.

I don't need one til after the initial application anyways??

I keep expecting an announcement every Monday morning too.....come on ye feckers!!

I'm still a bit confused about a mycic account.

I don't need one til after the initial application anyways??

You need to do this http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

I read it on the form, I guess 8 weeks is an absolute worst case scenario, read it and panicked

Sent APCO form on 14th on 1-2 days delivery post to england, recieved back today the 31st. 17 days total. For anyone else interested, you still have time.
    I paid the fee 55 pounds and additional 9 pounds for tracked return.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Still nothing on Irish visa, the waiting is so frustrating

Still nothing on Irish visa, the waiting is so frustrating

Tell me about it! Checking everyday for updates.

How long do the Kompass/MyCIC accounts last for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Tell me about it! Checking everyday for updates.

How long do the Kompass/MyCIC accounts last for?

The campaign's duration.

14 days I think then you have to open a new one.

William F wrote: »
    The campaign's duration.

Bit confused here, what exactly is the campaign?
    14 days I think then you have to open a new one.

I have had both my accounts set up since March 9th, a month to the day. And they're both still active.

Ok so I'm wrong but I am reading on the facebook groups the CIC does expire.

• Advertisement

Ok so I'm wrong but I am reading on the facebook groups the CIC does expire.

I also read that both expire. I just can't remember where I read it and cannot remember the timeline that was given :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I also read that both expire. I just can't remember where I read it and cannot remember the timeline that was given :confused:

The Conditional Acceptance Letter expires after 14 days. The CIC account never expires (I can still log into my account from last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Open Tuesday folks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭XrayGolf

The first round of the Working Holiday category for the IEC will open on 14th April. No time of day has been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

i have a kompass account created with about 2 weeks. will someone tell me do i have to create a new one cause they are saying you can only create a kompass account when it opens in your country?
    my account is still active too but says its not open in my country today

I'm the same. You can't submit your account til it opens to your country

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lomanmat

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes from submitting your visa type, name etc and paying in Stage 1 to receiving your CAL?
    Thanks

lomanmat wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes from submitting your visa type, name etc and paying in Stage 1 to receiving your CAL?
    Thanks

Once you submit your application, you receive an email within 24 hours (I got mine about 6 hours later) which asks you for payment, resume and passport scan.

Once submitted you should receive CAL within 2 weeks (I got mine about 4 days later I think it was)

SO
    on tuesday do we keep refreshing the category page on the time its released
    kompass-2015-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/iec/iec_category-categorie_eic

or

do we need to login from the first landing page and go to the category page thus taking 2-3 pages to get to select the work category and submit

good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

had a read through the thread but couldn't find an answer-

when do these visas usually start (ie when is the earliest you could move) and how long of a window do they give you? does the 2 years start from the date you enter or visa issuance? thanks

Advertisement