Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Stage 1 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Woolbrains

Hi guys,

Just getting overly anxious about everything, so have a really stupid question. Well two actually:

In Personal Information, if you select "No" for "Have you used any other names (e.g. Nickname, maiden name, alias, etc.)?" do you leave the following given and family name fields blank? I presume not?

It's just that they have the mandatory stars beside them. I've tried putting in my names as they appear on my passport anyway just in case, even though I have no "other names", but that doesn't save if you have no selected in the initial fields.

Second question is probably even more silly...

I have gone through all the fields over and over but too cowardly to save just in case I make a mistake (I may be insane)

In the "Applicant declarations and consent" section - when I tick them and save (Not submit), when I go back in to view again I need to tick them again. Presume that it'll be fine once I submit? Or should that be saving.

Thanks a mill for the help. I know these are super silly questions but I need to get this right. A lot riding on this so would really appreciate any help on this for my crazy peace of mind.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

had a read through the thread but couldn't find an answer-

when do these visas usually start (ie when is the earliest you could move) and how long of a window do they give you? does the 2 years start from the date you enter or visa issuance? thanks

You can go to canada as soon as you get the POE letter - when you arrive at Canadian immigration you present the letter and are issued a visa (valid for 2 years from the date you enter).

Also, check before leaving immigration that it has the correct expiry date - the officers can make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭XrayGolf

The first round of the Working Holiday category for the IEC will open at 7pm Dublin time tomorrow, Tues 14th April.

23 mins to go lads and lasses get ready

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ATG

time to furiously mash f5...

• Advertisement

So is anyone taking bets on how quick this is gonna sell out? 8 mins? 10? would we be blessed with 12?

apologies for the triple post, my browser wont let me edit for some reason.

Am I correct in assuming that once you submit your application, you have to wait till you get a message to confirm you've either made (or not made) the quota before you go to the next stage of submitting your documents, paying etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

ATG wrote: »
    apologies for the triple post, my browser wont let me edit for some reason.

Am I correct in assuming that once you submit your application, you have to wait till you get a message to confirm you've either made (or not made) the quota before you go to the next stage of submitting your documents, paying etc?

You'll get an email within the next 24 hours requesting payment, passport scan and resume upload.

Can anyone clarify the situation with a Garda vetting cert? Some sites are saying you only need it when you're going, others say you need it for the next stage when you apply for the work permit.

Can anyone clarify the situation with a Garda vetting cert? Some sites are saying you only need it when you're going, others say you need it for the next stage when you apply for the work permit.

When you get your CAL, you need to submit your complete Stage 2 application: 2 x forms, resume, passport, digital photo, police certificates & medical if required.

• Advertisement

XrayGolf wrote: »
    When you get your CAL, you need to submit your complete Stage 2 application: 2 x forms, resume, passport, digital photo, police certificates & medical if required.

Cool. I better get that sorted, just in case! Cheers!

Round 2 of the IEC Canada visas will open at 3pm Dublin time tomorrow, Thurs 16th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

hey is anyone else having a problem with the required documents page. i have paid the fee but i am unable to send the documents. nothing comes up as to what to send and no submit button. what am i to do ???

wow, round 2 still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dannimcq1

Is there anyone else, living outside of Ireland, who needs to get a CRB or certification of good conduct from when you lived there?

From what I've read everyone seems to be popping into their nearest gaurd station and getting one that way, but I can't do that because I live in England!

I've emailed my local guard station but haven't heard anything back. Wondering what to do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MarianneH

Silly question I know but setting up Kompass account and the date of birth to be exactly like passport but when I put it in like my passport it wont accept it and let me create the account, is it going to cause problems further down the application when I upload my passport and it doesn't match the account?
    Thanks in advance hoping we can make the second quota :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Date of birth need to be your date of birth yes but not as per passport. Their format is laid out to follow hence the problem. Theres over 2800 left so should make second quota no problem

As far as the work permit goes, its asking for my flight itinerary/booking. Realistically, I can't book flights right now. So any ideas?

As far as the work permit goes, its asking for my flight itinerary/booking. Realistically, I can't book flights right now. So any ideas?

Hey have a look here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95182637&postcount=760

• Registered Users Posts: 16 heiid4

On the CIC Application Form

It says in the pdf I didn't have to sign until it was being transmitted electronically
    And it didn't ask me So my application was not signed after it was uploaded

it also charges another 100 dollars on submission of myCiC

anyone else have these experiances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

heiid4 wrote: »
    On the CIC Application Form

It says in the pdf I didn't have to sign until it was being transmitted electronically
    And it didn't ask me So my application was not signed after it was uploaded

it also charges another 100 dollars on submission of myCiC

anyone else have these experiances?

The $100 is a new fee for temporary work permits that is being charged by CIC.

The forms are "signed" using your login details (GCkey) when you submit them.

Thanks, Good to hear!

I have submitted CIC Application with all docs before the CAL expiry from Kompass then.
    So now I'm just wait for CIC to review and come back to me.
    Any more steps I should be doing/preparing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1000SR

heiid4 wrote: »
    Thanks, Good to hear!

I have submitted CIC Application with all docs before the CAL expiry from Kompass then.
    So now I'm just wait for CIC to review and come back to me.
    Any more steps I should be doing/preparing for?

The last thing I need to do before I submit my application is get my digital photo sorted. How did you go about getting yours to the specific requirements asked?

gulp.. i just submitted a scan without checking sizes

Hopefully they aren't too strict on the measurements. I think I might get a photographer to sort mine just to be on the safe side.

ugh, serious tension going on now. I'm working on my work permit, applied for a garda cert 3 weeks ago, and they keep telling me "you'll have it next week." unfortunately, my CAL runs out next thursday, so hopefully it'll pan out ok.

In the event that it doesn't, am I correct in assuming I can apply for round 2? and with round 2, what are my chances of getting a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 my_walls

ATG, if you're still waiting on your garda cert I believe you can upload a letter explaining as much, and continue with your application.

my_walls wrote: »
    ATG, if you're still waiting on your garda cert I believe you can upload a letter explaining as much, and continue with your application.

Ah ok. Well I have until early next week, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

On the IMM1295 form where it states the details of intended work in Canada what should I put in, im putting that its a WHV but apart from that I don't know what ill be doing over there not to mind where and whats a LMIA, do I ignore all this section?? Need to get it uploaded by today cause police certs will expire.

• Advertisement

I left that part blank as I don't know what ill be doing over there either. I read on this if anything is missing they will contact you so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Advertisement