Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic restrictions/road closures NYE

Options
  • 28-12-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I'm heading into town for NYE going across town to Camden St area I don't want to get stuck in the concert/festival area around College Green. Anyone know what the what time/what roads are closed for 31st and traffic restrictions. I couldnt find anything on NYE site, Failte Ireland, Discover Ireland or Dublin Bus sites I'd say they are closing off Grafton, Nassau, Dame, and Westmoreland St but is there a site I can check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Try Dublin City Council advance road closures page... scroll to New Year’s Eve Festival:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic/current-roadworks-temporary-road-closures

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic/current-roadworks-temporary-road-closures
    New Year’s Eve Festival

Leisure Project Management Ltd T/A Holohan Leisure intends to close the following streets to facilitate the New Year’s Eve Festival event:

Location1: Foster Place, Dublin 2 from 06.00hrs on Sunday 28th December 2014 to 20.00hrs on Thursday 1st January 2015.

Location 2: College Green & Dame Street (South Great George’s Street to College Green), Dublin 2 from 06.00hrs on Wednesday
    31st December 2014 to 08.00hrs on Thursday 1st January 2015.

Note: Northbound lane on College Green (Dame Street to Westmoreland Street will be closed from 06.00hrs on Sunday 28th
    December 2014 to 20.00hrs on Thursday 1st January 2015.

Traffic Management Plan

East and northbound traffic on South Great Georges Street wishing to travel on Dame Street /College Green will be diverted via Lord Edward Street, Christchurch Place, Winetavern Street and the North Quays.
    Eastbound traffic on High Street/ Nicholas Street will be diverted via Winetavern Street and the North Quays.
    Southbound traffic on D’Olier Street wishing to travel on Nassau Street will be diverted via Townsend Street, Lombard Street and Westland Row.
    West and southbound traffic on College Street wishing to travel on College Green /Dame Street and will be diverted via Westmoreland Street and South Quays.
    Pedestrian and local access will be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks for that

Advertisement