Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School reunion tonight!

• 28-12-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

So, the yearly school reunion is happening tonight.It has been a good few years since I caught up with anyone from school, mostly due to the fact that I emigrated a few years ago and only got home recently.

I left on good terms with everyone, but just like every class there is always one or two that annoyed me through the years. I'm not too pushed to go, but I feel that I should put in the effort.

It will be a bit weird going back because I literally have no connection with any of them anymore

Do you catch up with your old class regularly? And do you see many differences now than before?

Are school reunions a good idea?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Finished school in 1995 and there has never been a reunion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Yearly reunions kinda negate the concept of reunions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

1998, for me. Never has been one, nor would I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never had a reunion, enjoy it OP, I'm sure there will be people there you haven't seen in a while and some good stories to be told from your schooldays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

1988 for me. In fairness though a fair few ball bags in my year. A few of the lads I temained friends with so we'd meet up now and again for a pint

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Yearly reunion, what a load of shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I don't see why people feel pressured to go to reunions with people they spent a few years of their lives with. Just because you went to school with them doesn't mean you must keep in touch with them for the rest of your life. It's just one stage of your life.

If you don't want to go, don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

you go ,hire a Mercedes

print out business cards with brain surgeon,company derector etc
    update your facebook page to rich

watch your old classmates cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

1976 - never been back.

I'd like to meet some of the cvnts who taught us though :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I finished school back in 1992 and to be honest I was pretty glad to see the back of school. I had an absolute ball in college and to this day I'm still great friends with some of the guys and gals I met in college.

I did go to my 10 year school reunion due to some arm twisting and it was grand. No teachers, 50 lads in a pre booked section of a city centre pub. Didn't bother going to my 20 year reunion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

braddun wrote: »
    you go ,hire a Mercedes

print out business cards with brain surgeon,company derector etc
    update your facebook page to rich

watch your old classmates cry
    That's a bit unimaginative. Instead he should have a couple of mates turn up in trench coats with dark glasses and have them say "We've come for you Irishguy16, Santana wants to know what you did with the diamond." Then a nice choreographed fist fist could occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Finished in 2007 myself son. Going on 8 years out of it, won't feel the 10th anniversary coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Finished in 1990 and to be honest the only two lads I can remember from my year are both dead.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's hardly a reunion if they meet up every year.

Who actually organises these things anyway? Is it the person in the year who used to always want to be the one in charge of everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Finished school in 2001 and have never had a reunion. There was talk of arranging one this year but it never went futher than a facebook page. To be honest when I am at home I cross the road to avoid some of my classmates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Didn't want to be hugged by people I hate and successfully managed to avoid for the past ten years so dodged my reunion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't really talk with anyone I went to school with. Except for 2 close friends of mine... Left in 2007. If there was a 10 year (or whatever) reunion I'd probably go. Most of them are living in Australia/London or still live in my hometown and have children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I'd never go to one if one was ever organised. I left in 1996, secondary school was not a particularly happy time in my life and I have no interest in revisiting or catching up with people I mostly didn't like in the first place and haven't heard from in almost 20 years. What would we all talk about anyway??? It would just become a boasting session with each person wanting to sound better than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

RayCon wrote: »
    Finished in 1990 and to be honest the only two lads I can remember from my year are both dead.

Is that cos you couldn't remember the rest? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I graduated from TCD in 1987.

Best of luck to them but I would have no interest in seeing any of them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

RayCon wrote: »

How can you only remember two people from your entire year? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

The thought of having anything to do with my old school is frightening.. Shivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Had a 25 yr reunion from my old boarding school, it was nice catching up with them. Some of us hadnt clapped eyes on each other from the day we left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I see some of the cnuts every day. Reunion me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I left in 85, never had a reunion,

Always middle of the road, no need for all the pushy young wans,

A bit late now even by my standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

1999 for me. Hasnt been one that I know of. Would like to meet some of the old heads again though.

Advertisement