Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issues installing game patches over wifi ...

Options
  • 28-12-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so mods please move if necessary.

My PS3 was prompting me to download game patch v1.20 for GTAV. I pressed ok and update 1 of 7 started downloading but when it got to 99% complete, it froze for a few minutes and then I got an error message with the following code 80710723.

I tried a few things like deleting previous GTAV game data and also updated the PS Store to the latest version (which downloaded & installed no problem) and I also disabled media sever sharing in network settings.

None of these worked as the same thing kept happening once the update reached 99%. I connected the PS3 directly to my router with an ethernet cable and the updates downloaded no problem. So I'm guessing its some issue that only happens over wifi connection. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what fix to you use?

Thanks,
    doney84

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I started having issues with my PS3 after playing BF4. I had some freezing online and I couldn't install the patch for GTA V. I tried it a few times with no luck, came back to it a few months later, deleted the BF4 game data and it installed fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

I started having issues with my PS3 after playing BF4. I had some freezing online and I couldn't install the patch for GTA V. I tried it a few times with no luck, came back to it a few months later, deleted the BF4 game data and it installed fine.

As we both had issues with GTAV maybe it's something to do with that, but that would not explain how it worked for me over a wired connection ???:confused:

Anyway I might try a game that I haven't played in ages, hopefully its due a game patch and see if that works just encase it is an issue with the GTAV game patch only.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I don't know what caused it honestly. Didn't think to try connecting it directly to my router, as I hadn't experienced the problem even when installing much larger patches. Just seemed to resolve itself.

Advertisement