Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long aftr miscarriage will i get my period again?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi..im looking for advice..i had a miscarriage on d 7th of december i was only 6weeks gone it broke my heart..my midwife nurse told me i should get my cycle back within 2 weeks..can anyone in d same boat help please me and my partner are eger to try again bout i still avent got my period back yet??thanks to all in advancex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Sorry for your loss. Look after yourself

We were told not to try again for 3 cycles to make sure everything was clear.

I didn't have a d and c though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Its a sad time. ..look after yourself xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks on my first pregnancy. It was about 4 weeks before I got my period. I had very obvious ovulation signs before it returned though. I didn't have a d+c and the hospital told me to wait one cycle before trying again whereas my Gp said that was only to making it easier for dating purposes if you conceived before your period returned. She said there was no reason not try again once my hcg levels had dropped to normal and we were mentally ready to try again.

It's an awful thing to go through OP. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 twikkletoes14

Sorry for your loss. Look after yourself

We were told not to try again for 3 cycles to make sure everything was clear.

I didn't have a d and c though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Its a sad time. ..look after yourself xx

Thanks for ur help..my nurse told me to wait at least 6 weeks to try again..i no im only at the 3 week mark but im just so nervous and afriad of what to expect!how long aftr did u get ur period?thanks againx

Thanks for ur help..my nurse told me to wait at least 6 weeks to try again..i no im only at the 3 week mark but im just so nervous and afriad of what to expect!how long aftr did u get ur period?thanks againx

Yeah the waiting time advice seems yo differ alright. Go with whatever you were told.

I got it back after 4 weeks. I didn't wait the 3 months and was pregnant again within 2 months and now have a 3 year old boy.

Its a tough time x

• Registered Users Posts: 12 twikkletoes14

Roesy wrote: »
    I had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks on my first pregnancy. It was about 4 weeks before I got my period. I had very obvious ovulation signs before it returned though. I didn't have a d+c and the hospital told me to wait one cycle before trying again whereas my Gp said that was only to making it easier for dating purposes if you conceived before your period returned. She said there was no reason not try again once my hcg levels had dropped to normal and we were mentally ready to try again.

It's an awful thing to go through OP. Take care.

Thanks i didnt need a dnc as i was only 6weeks..i also had obvious ovulation signs last saturday and got a postive ovulation test but i was to aftiad to try incase my womb wasnt ready..ye all have been great help and put my mind at a little ease..such heartbreaking experiencexx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

With a D & C you will be sore, its best to allow 2 months before trying again to allow any infection that may be there clear.

My Wife had 2 miscarriages one a 6 weeks and another at 14 weeks where she needed a D and C where she had a Injection that made her miscarry due to not allowing enough time for the first miscarriage and getting pregnant again,

she is now pregnant again and is in back in CUMH at 20 weeks 3 days with an open Cervix.. and praying that they can do a stitch but very unlikely as they need at lest 1.5cm of a cervix where she only has .5cm closed.

Louis12345 wrote: »
    With a D & C you will be sore, its best to allow 2 months before trying again to allow any infection that may be there clear.

My Wife had 2 miscarriages one a 6 weeks and another at 14 weeks where she needed a D and C where she had a Injection that made her miscarry due to not allowing enough time for the first miscarriage and getting pregnant again,

she is now pregnant again and is in back in CUMH at 20 weeks 3 days with an open Cervix.. and praying that they can do a stitch but very unlikely as they need at lest 1.5cm of a cervix where she only has .5cm closed.

I hope they can resolve it. It must be a very worrying time for you both. You've been through enough x

Advertisement