Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold Feet

• 28-12-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Last few days out my feet are sore with cold. I wear thick socks and neoprene overshoes but feet are like ice. Someone recommended sealskinz socks. I see them in crc with various thermal ratings. Quite expensive (for a pair of socks). Would a 2 or 3 thermal rating be any use. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Merino wool (hiking) socks.
    Make sure your shoes are not too tight.
    A pair of thin wind proof overshoes
    A pair of neoprene overshoes worn over the thin pair of wind proof overshoes

If your feet are still cold, pedal faster :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Zenson wrote: »
    Last few days out my feet are sore with cold. I wear thick socks and neoprene overshoes but feet are like ice. Someone recommended sealskinz socks. I see them in crc with various thermal ratings. Quite expensive (for a pair of socks). Would a 2 or 3 thermal rating be any use. Any other recommendations? Thanks.
    I thought by you're thread title that you were going to leave her at the alter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Tin foil around the toes outside the sock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

G1032 wrote: »

the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

lares lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Merino wool layers on the torso. Merino wool socks. Embrocation cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Zenson

Thanks for all the advice folks. It looks like the temperatures will be low enough to test them all over the next few days. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Two pairs of loose socks and laces untightened: as much air layering and unrestricted blood circulation as possible. It did the trick this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Clungewellies

XtotheZ wrote: »
    the job

Have to agree with the tinfoil! makes this weather just about bearable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭foxer3640

Northwave gtx winter boots.... pricey but well worth it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭freewheeler

As 07Lapierre said and something i also discovered (by accident) having tried everything else my damn shoes were tied too tight! this resulted in feet like blocks of ice no matter which combination of socks/overshoes etc i tried due to lack of circulation presumably.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

tape up the ventilation hole in the sole of the shoe (assuming it a road shoe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

kuro_man wrote: »
    tape up the ventilation hole in the sole of the shoe (assuming it a road shoe)

Put tape inside shoe to cover that hole. Then fill home with silicon......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

foxer3640 wrote: »
    Northwave gtx winter boots.... pricey but well worth it imo

+1
    team them up with merino wool socks and happy toasty feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

G1032 wrote: »

Tried this today , it's the first time that my toes were not frozen since the summer.

Advertisement