Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy group in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm interested in astronomy and have taken it up recently with my first telescope.

I'd love to join a group or club of people who are interested in it too. Are there any such clubs in Kilkenny? Its fun but I wish I could share it with somebody else who also has a similar interest and a bit of experience.

First scope I got is a 6 inch Orion reflector with a dobsonian base.

I still havent found anywhere particularly great for observing either. So much light pollution around the place even in the smaller villages. Need to find a nice open place in the countryside that isnt private land!

Comments

Never heard of a club in Kilkenny ngc but i wonder if you are a member of Astronomy Ireland? They may have members around the country that they could put you in touch with. I'm not really into astronomy myself but when I want to look out for shooting stars etc I sometimes drive to the car park of my local country church - always dark and quiet at night :)

Advertisement