Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms with pool

• 29-12-2014 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

I was a member of dooradoyle gym as it had a pool but alas this is no more. Id like to rejoin elsewhere but it needs a pool. The clarion looks like it would suit but it doesn't say how big the pool is. Anyone know?

Alternative suggestions are welcome too.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

The UL arena has an olympic sized pool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The pool in the clarion(steamboat quay) is tiny...think big bath.
    I looked at it a few years back and couldn't believe how small it was.
    Marty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

The UL arena has an olympic sized pool :)

I should have said I'd rather it on south side of town. Castle trot would be too out of the way for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

How about Club Vitae at the Maldron?

I was wondering about the Maldron. It had a rep of having an undesirable clientele, is that still the case?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Strand has a good pool if just for leisure purposes. Quite a few people there now who used to go to Dooradoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I was in Maldron and left. A lot of machines in gym not working. Swimming pool ok ish. Could never get in jacuzzi always full. Not best gym I have to say. I was about to join dooradoyle. Very disappointed when it closed. What about woodlands. Not that far on motorway lovely pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Grove Island is on the far side of town but just outside the city centre so not too far. Nice pool and gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Planet Health(..formerly JJB) has a decent pool and gym

The woodlands is an idea. I work in west Limerick and used to stop dooradoyle on my way home so that could suit perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was a member in woodlands, it has a great pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna area. But i found it very expensive.

Gym is very good too

I looked into the woodlands and it's the same price as the strand and the strand would be more convenient overall I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was a member in woodlands, it has a great pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna area. But i found it very expensive.

Gym is very good too

€500 membership, that's insane.

Advertisement