Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 week old daytime naps

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Son is now 10 weeks, sleeps great at night, goes to bed for 8pm, wakes at 00:30, 04:30, 08:00 for feeds, and will quite often snuggle into one of us after his 8 am feed and sleep on us for another 90 mins or so.

But will not sleep during the day at home. If we're out he'll usually fall asleep in the car, or sleep in his pram, but at home, if he falls asleep in my arms, and I put him down anywhere, he wakes straight up. Have tried putting him in his crib as he sleeps so well here at night and nothing.

Any suggestions on how to get him into some kind of napping routine that doesn't involve me going to liffey valley every day to walk him around?!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

seems ok ,let him find his own nap time

eat sleep poo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Son is now 10 weeks, sleeps great at night, goes to bed for 8pm, wakes at 00:30, 04:30, 08:00 for feeds, and will quite often snuggle into one of us after his 8 am feed and sleep on us for another 90 mins or so.

But will not sleep during the day at home. If we're out he'll usually fall asleep in the car, or sleep in his pram, but at home, if he falls asleep in my arms, and I put him down anywhere, he wakes straight up. Have tried putting him in his crib as he sleeps so well here at night and nothing.

Any suggestions on how to get him into some kind of napping routine that doesn't involve me going to liffey valley every day to walk him around?!!

My lad was the same til v recently . couldn't v get him to nap at home. In past 2 wks approx he will nap in cot but he has been sleeping in cot at nite since 7 wks. Occasionally he will nap in bouncy chair but most daytime naps are in Car or buggy. He is 12 wks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Can your buggy fit in the house? Mine naps in buggy... Outside usually, but inside if it is stormy.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

It's better that you don't put baby in cot during the day. If you put them in at nighttime it will put them in a rhythm of knowing when bedtime is.

During the day my daughter would nap either in car, bouncer, play pen, or buggy. Then after her bath and bedtime feed at night I would put her to bed.

If he isn't sleeping try a play pen with his toys in it, my daughter would just naturally fall asleep after a bit of play, don't worry too much about it. Try not to let him fall asleep in your arms then put him down, he will get to used to this. Just leave him down in bouncer/playpen/buggy with something to play with and he will learn that he has to fall asleep there if he is tired, also sometimes you have to let them cry a little but that is own personal parenting styles so I won't advice too much on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Have tried him in the buggy in the living room, he just wakes up! Same for his bouncer/beanbag. He does sleep occasionally on the couch, but obviously don't like leaving him there if I'm not in the room! Hopefully we figure something out in the next few weeks, getting fed up having to be out all the time or sitting at home getting nothing done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Is it movement that keeps him asleep? Walking and driving? If so, try the vibrating bouncy chairs. It might be sound too. White noise or just being outside might help.

I used to just organise myself around it. Used to take a walk/jog at nap-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

When he falls asleep in your arms, have you tried putting a blanket on him to warm it up then putting the blanket down on wherever you're putting him to sleep?

I've no other advice cos I'm the same with my lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Pwrple, never thought of a vibrating bouncer, will pick one up on adverts in case he hates it! I do think it's movement the lulls him to sleep, he'll sleep for hours in the car, and loves being rocked to sleep in the rocking chair at nighttime. Fingers crossed this works now!!

Advertisement