Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre in Ashtown

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

As many others I have enquiry about availability of Efibre in my area. Coverage maps shows 'green' but in fact efibre is not available yet. Can yo reveal some more info what are roll out plans for Rathborne Village in Ashtown Dublin 15?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ptyt wrote: »
    Hi,

As many others I have enquiry about availability of Efibre in my area. Coverage maps shows 'green' but in fact efibre is not available yet. Can yo reveal some more info what are roll out plans for Rathborne Village in Ashtown Dublin 15?

Thanks
    Hi ptyt
    can you PM me with your exact postal address or current landline number. eFibre availability does depend on exchange and cabinet being eFibre ready.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ptyt

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi ptyt
    can you PM me with your exact postal address or current landline number. eFibre availability does depend on exchange and cabinet being eFibre ready.
    Tony
    Two PMs sent Tony. Still waiting for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi ptyt
    Tony
    Two PMs sent Tony. Still waiting for reply
    Hi ptyt

Unfortunately the your specific area is not scheduled for the commissioning of an efibre cabinet and we cannot offer you a timeframe to suggest when efibre will be available to you.

The availability of efibre is based on the roll out of fibre cabinets (which service specific areas within the shaded green zone on the eircom coverage map: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map) unlike regular broadband where it is available upon exchange upgrade where all lines connected to the exchange qualify.

Not all areas within the green zone will be able to qualify for efibre which is why there is a specific note advising of this located above the map.

Another map which you will find more helpful is this: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (click on NGA fibre etwork) where it shows the planned cabinets and exchanged.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for reply. On website you quoted above: eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ I have following status of cabinet beside my building:

PLT1_071

Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

Although Fibre build has started you are not able to provide any estimate right? But efibre will be available on some time in the future? Cabinet detailed coverage map is not in line with your reply above.

Thanks

Hi Al,

Thanks for reply. On website you quoted above: eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ I have following status of cabinet beside my building:

PLT1_071

Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

Although Fibre build has started you are not able to provide any estimate right? But efibre will be available on some time in the future? Cabinet detailed coverage map is not in line with your reply above.

Thanks
    No worries ptyt I'm happy to help,

Yes Fibre build commenced is certainly indicative that efibre will eventually be available but we will be unable to offer a timeframe. It's also important to note that we will be unable to confirm that a line can get efibre until the cabinet itself launches. I reccomend getting back to me in april/may and I'll see if I can offer more information if available

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

Hi lads thought I'd post on this thread instead of starting a new one and see if I get any response. I'm moving into Ashtown soon and I assumed that Upc & Eircom fiber broadband would all be available seeing as it's a built up area in Dublin but after checking with UPC they told me only television services are available to me which is a joke. Will Ashtown be getting connected anytime soon? Or does any one know what is the best broadband in the area at the minute? Thanks

Hi VainSitchy

If you could PM me the specific address you are moving to I will be happy to check what services are available to you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary0345

Hi,

Thanks

A few moths ago, I inquired in to getting broadband from Eircom for my apartment in the Rathbourne village area in Ashtown.

When I was unable to receive a broadband connection, Eircom tried their best to fix the problem by sending a Technician out to troubleshoot the problem. What they told me was that the comms services used to provide this area are owned by Digiweb and that they would be unable to provide me with a service. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to cancel the contract with Eircom and contact Digiweb.

All though, I have had no problems with digiweb, they don't seem to have any plans to upgrade this area to fibre any time soon.

Gary

Starting from today I'm happy owner of Fibre-to-cabinet broadband from Magnet. Check map of live cabinets: fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ to find cabinets nearby - closer you are faster internet you get. Eircom, Vodafone and Magnet offers fibre internet in the area already. At the 'supervalu' building I'm getting over 10Mb/s upload and over 30Mb/s download speeds. Gary is right Digiweb owns some infrastructure there but it was no issue for me to get broadband from Magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 guzzled

Hi

If you could PM me the specific address you are moving to I will be happy to check what services are available to you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

We just moved into a property in Rathbourne. We've had engineers out to hook us up to an eircom line but they've told us that Eircom haven't cabled our side of the road. There is a cabinet 300meters away but obviously we can't connect if there is no cabling. We're in the middle of a large relatively new estate.

Can someone please explain to me why we have no cabling?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

guzzled wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

We just moved into a property in Rathbourne. We've had engineers out to hook us up to an eircom line but they've told us that Eircom haven't cabled our side of the road. There is a cabinet 300meters away but obviously we can't connect if there is no cabling. We're in the middle of a large relatively new estate.

Thanks
    Hi guzzled

Thanks for your PM. I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this and I fully understand how disappointing this can be. Unfortunately eir will not offer reasoning or details to explain their infrastructural deployment or reasoning to explain cabling decisions. eFibre is not a guaranteed service and cannot always be supplied. I can confirm that up to 15Mb speeds are available on ADSL2 non efibre broadband. Having looked in to this with our networks team I have been advised that hopes are that your line will be cabled for efibre within the next 6 months although this cannot be guaranteed and plans are subject to change anytime.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news at this time guzzled.

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi

Thanks for your PM. I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this and I fully understand how disappointing this can be. Unfortunately eir will not offer reasoning or details to explain their infrastructural deployment or reasoning to explain cabling decisions. eFibre is not a guaranteed service and cannot always be supplied. I can confirm that up to 15Mb speeds are available on ADSL2 non efibre broadband. Having looked in to this with our networks team I have been advised that hopes are that your line will be cabled for efibre within the next 6 months although this cannot be guaranteed and plans are subject to change anytime.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me what cabling we have access to currently? PSTN? ADSL? etc
    Thanks

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    No worries guzzled

Yes it's currently PSTN from exchange in your area right now.

Cheers
    Al

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    No worries

Yes it's currently PSTN from exchange in your area right now.

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks.

Can you give me an idea as to the extent of the works that need to be carried out to upgrade our cabling? Is it expensive? would it cause major disruption?

AS mentioned previously there are cabinets that are quite close and we're very close to Pelletstown Exchange.

Additionally, houses that are no more than 20 yards away are fully connected to efibre and we are one of a long row of houses that are the on the other side of the road that have none. It seems to me that it would be a no-brainer commercially to upgrade our side of the road. It's Dublin 15, not craggy island...

Thanks 

I'm sorry guzzled

As I touched on above I'm afraid we will be unable to offer you details or discus reasoning behind eirs' infrastructural/network decisions or plans. I'm also sorry to say eir do not take on specific requests for development of the network - this is unfortunately beyond demand or public request and lays and a planning stage withheld internally.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement