Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17k from prtb

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14

hi guys

my landlord was a very greedy, violent and crude person who had not a clue and we are delighted to have gotten a settlement and payment from him late this year which will be going off our own mortgage.

moving forward this crazy person has decided he is moving back into our home which is a complete lie which we plan to challenge all the way to the high court.

So my question is with the prtb acting in a much quicker fashion in 2014 what period of time does an eviction take I am calculating about 12 months from when he says we are over holding to our first prtb visit for an adjunction to an appeal to a circuit court order then for him to get the sheriffs

We will only overhold if we can not get a suitable home for our family.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If the landlord is as crazy as you say, then why are you looking to make life more difficult for yourselves by possibly overholding? Start looking for a place to live, count your settlement money and enjoy some peace! Why are you looking to burn out your money trying to hold on to a house that isn't yours??

I really don't understand some people...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

go back to court,and tell them hes evicting you for winning court case against him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Let me get this right....
    You won a PRTB settlement against your current landlord. He has issued you with eviction orders stating he wants to live in the property himself. You wish to stop paying rent and over hold.
    You want the forum users to give you an estimate of how long you can over hold.

Is that all correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What you are saying is that ,
    You want to stay on his house rent free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

Mark down a point for you (or 17k points) in the win column for you, and move on.

• Advertisement

hi guys

my landlord was a very greedy, violent and crude person who had not a clue and we are delighted to have gotten a settlement and payment from him late this year which will be going off our own mortgage.

moving forward this crazy person has decided he is moving back into our home which is a complete lie which we plan to challenge all the way to the high court.

So my question is with the prtb acting in a much quicker fashion in 2014 what period of time does an eviction take I am calculating about 12 months from when he says we are over holding to our first prtb visit for an adjunction to an appeal to a circuit court order then for him to get the sheriffs

We will only overhold if we can not get a suitable home for our family.

Just spotted something else in the OP. If you have a mortgage, then you OWN a home. Why can't you move back there and stop causing hassle for the LL? He might be greedy, violent and a maggot. But you're in HIS house, and he has legitimate grounds to evict you (i.e. moving back in).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 anothernick

hi guys

no we pay rent of 1200 a month and paid 38k to the landlord we will always pay rent ontime.

he was also done for not paying tax by the revenue and the prtb for not registering.

he wanted 500 of an increase in rent which was nuts and way out of line with market rates.

we will be first time buyers thanks to his settlement in 6 months but interested in the prtb timeframes at the moment

i have a house keeper once a week and a gardener in the summer i honoured all my tennant abligations. he is now a convicted crook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 anothernick

Just spotted something else in the OP. If you have a mortgage, then you OWN a home. Why can't you move back there and stop causing hassle for the LL? He might be greedy, violent and a maggot. But you're in HIS house, and he has legitimate grounds to evict you (i.e. moving back in).

hi ab

we are getting a mortgage now as his 17k has given us part of the deposit needed

he can legally move back in the time frame in which the law dictates and thats my question the current time frame as the prtb moves quicker these days

Why are you returning to the PRTB?

Just to clarify. I don't care what happened to date or what the landlord did or didn't do. I want to know why you want to know the PRTB time frames.

No, I'm a renter too. But I'm a great believer in a quiet life. I'd focus my energies in finding somewhere for your family to live as quickly as possible. That and your work is a priority. If there's a housing shortage in your area, then you probably need to widen the search area.

Now - this might be seen as teaching your grandmother to suck eggs. I'm telling you this as your priorities seem to be all wrong. Instead of thinking of ways to delay the eviction process, going back to court, and going to the PRTB, look for somewhere else to live.

• Advertisement

I would like to know the prtb timeframes as the area I live in has a house shortage and finding a suitable home at the moment can be tricky and I am exceptionally busy with work.

I just want some advice I think I have walked into a den of landlords posting here!!!!

If you cant help me that's fine!!!

I'm not willing to allow a tenant seek advice on how to play the system.
    You've got a whopping pay out from the PRTB the landlord wants his house back so I'd suggest you get your skates on and find another house or risk handing him back some of that 17k.

/Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I would like to know the prtb timeframes as the area I live in has a house shortage and finding a suitable home at the moment can be tricky and I am exceptionally busy with work.

I just want some advice I think I have walked into a den of landlords posting here!!!!

If you cant help me that's fine!!!

The fact that you are busy with work etc- is not the concern of the PRTB- nor the landlord- you are seeking advice on how to play the system.

I'm giving you a little posting holiday from this forum- while you rethink your attitude.

The fact that the landlord has behaved badly to the extent that you received a payout from him in the past- is neither here nor there. Overstaying- because you couldn't be arsed looking for new accommodation- is not the landlord's fault- he is quoting one of the valid reasons under the 2004 act for seeking the end of the tenancy- which is his prerogative- and irrespective of what he has done in the past- he appears to be playing by the rule book. You, however, are not.

Take a 2 week ban- for seeking advice on how to play the system.

For the record- and you can check other threads- I give a similar ban to any landlord who comes on here- with questions on how to play the system.

Further- once someone threatens court action- as you have done- their thread automatically is closed.

You might like to think out your attitude while you're on your little holiday from the forum.

Regards,

The_Conductor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement