Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Contract problems- TWO accounts

Options
  • 29-12-2014 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom,

I have problems with an old account and a new one, both of which i am particularly unhappy about.

The problem stems from this- I have moved from rented accomodation to my own house in the last 3 months, and when i tried to move my account with me i was set up with a new account and was informed to cancel the old one. i held up the cancellation by a week as my new premises was not ready for occupation as quickly as anticipated. When i did move fully in the third week of September i requested the old account to be cancelled straight away, a request of which eircom have no knowledge.

The new account was set up to be half price for the first 6 months. On both old and new accounts, i had eVision whic did not work as was intended. I kept the eVision on the new account until mid to late November, when after exhausting every avenue available to get it working, it was removed from my account with no penalty.

The remaining problems are as such:
    • The old account was never cancelled, and eircom have, since September, collected €217.99 from my account, despite my requesting the account cancelled, and there being no usage of this account. The second most recent call to eircom took me nearly two hours to get to the bottom of this, and i was informed that while they could not issue a refund on an account that was in use, despite me not living in the previous house since the third week of September, the same account would indeed be cancelled by the end of the day. This has not happened, as i have been direct debited for €67.99 mid December. When i rang to discuss this with customer care, i was very rudely informed that they would only discuss with the account holder, and if i did not have my account number for an account i assumed to be cancelled, then i should go and request a chargeback from the bank.
    • Secondly, despite my new account for my new premises being 6 months half price, i have received a paperless bill totalling it at €72.20, which consideing i have removed eVision from the contract as it would not work, is now more than the previous bills on my old account that included eVision. i am also being billed for "service and connection charges" at €11.54 + vat, and an "other charges" charge of €0.01 + vat. The half price charge should be €29 incl vat, and my bill in total after the initial 6 months should cost €58 incl vat, as was sold to me.
    [*]

I would now request, that in good faith, eircom hold their side of BOTH contracts, cancel the first one, refund me the amounts taken from my account AFTER i requested this account cancelled within 14 days. (working)

Secondly, i would request that eircom return my new account to it's correct state of half price until February, cancel the aforementioned bill for €72.20, issue a new one for the correct amount minus the extra charges for the inconvenience.

I assume you will require both account numbers to be PM'd. I understand there is an 8 hour average response time, and allowing for New Years Day, i am prepared to wait until the 16th of January for all refunds to be issued.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

I have problems with an old account and a new one, both of which i am particularly unhappy about.

The problem stems from this- I have moved from rented accomodation to my own house in the last 3 months, and when i tried to move my account with me i was set up with a new account and was informed to cancel the old one. i held up the cancellation by a week as my new premises was not ready for occupation as quickly as anticipated. When i did move fully in the third week of September i requested the old account to be cancelled straight away, a request of which eircom have no knowledge.

The new account was set up to be half price for the first 6 months. On both old and new accounts, i had eVision whic did not work as was intended. I kept the eVision on the new account until mid to late November, when after exhausting every avenue available to get it working, it was removed from my account with no penalty.

• The old account was never cancelled, and eircom have, since September, collected €217.99 from my account, despite my requesting the account cancelled, and there being no usage of this account. The second most recent call to eircom took me nearly two hours to get to the bottom of this, and i was informed that while they could not issue a refund on an account that was in use, despite me not living in the previous house since the third week of September, the same account would indeed be cancelled by the end of the day. This has not happened, as i have been direct debited for €67.99 mid December. When i rang to discuss this with customer care, i was very rudely informed that they would only discuss with the account holder, and if i did not have my account number for an account i assumed to be cancelled, then i should go and request a chargeback from the bank.

• Secondly, despite my new account for my new premises being 6 months half price, i have received a paperless bill totalling it at €72.20, which consideing i have removed eVision from the contract as it would not work, is now more than the previous bills on my old account that included eVision. i am also being billed for "service and connection charges" at €11.54 + vat, and an "other charges" charge of €0.01 + vat. The half price charge should be €29 incl vat, and my bill in total after the initial 6 months should cost €58 incl vat, as was sold to me.

[*]

I would now request, that in good faith, eircom hold their side of BOTH contracts, cancel the first one, refund me the amounts taken from my account AFTER i requested this account cancelled within 14 days. (working)

Secondly, i would request that eircom return my new account to it's correct state of half price until February, cancel the aforementioned bill for €72.20, issue a new one for the correct amount minus the extra charges for the inconvenience.

I assume you will require both account numbers to be PM'd. I understand there is an 8 hour average response time, and allowing for New Years Day, i am prepared to wait until the 16th of January for all refunds to be issued.
    [*]
    Hi foxerv1
    can you PM me with your account details ( for both accounts if possible) and we will investigate this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Thanks Tony,

Have PM'd you the relevant details.

Anything new Tony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Anything new Tony?
    Hi foxerv1

I will chase this up and request clarification. As soon as I have more information I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Little fish

Hi Eircom,

[*]

Good luck with getting your half price for 6 months. My recommendation would be to write to eircom data protection now, enclosing a cheque for €6.35 to get all your call transcripts and account details - this takes up to 40 days apparently. At least you'll have proof then of what was promised.

• Advertisement

Hi Eircom,

[*]

[*]

Good luck with getting your half price for 6 months. My recommendation would be to write to eircom data protection now, enclosing a cheque for €6.35 to get all your call transcripts and account details - this takes up to 40 days apparently. At least you'll have proof then of what was promised.
    [*]
    Thanks for the advice, i don't think that will work, i have been told that they have no record of the call i made to cancel, which is my main concern. i am determined to get that €217.99 or as much as possible back, because whatever way you stir it, it's theft, pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Little fish

[*]
    Thanks for the advice, i don't think that will work, i have been told that they have no record of the call i made to cancel, which is my main concern. i am determined to get that €217.99 or as much as possible back, because whatever way you stir it, it's theft, pure and simple.

Who told you they have no record of the call ? I would take what you are told with a pinch of salt as, if nothing else, this forum proves Eircom are often economical with the truth. Also, it might be very interesting to find out officially what details they have on you. The data protection act is a serious legal requirement and should be somewhere to uncover the truth. Keep fighting and never give up !

Hi Tony,

It appears, despite my asking to hold it until this was sorted properly, it appears that eircom have taken payment of €72.

Hi Tony,

It appears, despite my asking to hold it until this was sorted properly, it appears that eircom have taken payment of €72.

Hi foxerv1

I'm arranging the closure of the old account today (which of course includes arranging the rebate for the wrongly charged subsequent months from when you initially requested cancellation).

As agreed I'll call you at 12.30 to discuss further

Thanks
    Al

Hi foxerv1

I'm arranging the closure of the old account today (which of course includes arranging the rebate for the wrongly charged subsequent months from when you initially requested cancellation).

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan,

Will talk to you at 12.30

• Advertisement

Hi foxerv1

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan,

Will talk to you at 12.30
    No worries foxerv1

Al

No worries foxerv1

Al

Hi Alan,

What's the latest as per your phonecall? When can I expect the refund? Also did you go any further with the over charges on the current account?

Cheers

No worries foxerv1

Al

Hi Alan,

What's the latest as per your phonecall? When can I expect the refund? Also did you go any further with the over charges on the current account?

Cheers
    Hi foxerv1

I'm awaiting confirmation from credit management in relation to the credit refund. I should have more news by tomorrow afternoon and as soon as I do I'll be in touch right away.

Apologies for the delays.

Thanks
    Al

Hi foxerv1

I'm awaiting confirmation from credit management in relation to the credit refund. I should have more news by tomorrow afternoon and as soon as I do I'll be in touch right away.

Apologies for the delays.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Do you mean that the credit hasn't been ratified yet? Because I recall in our conversation you specifically stating that you would be having a refund of €230 issued to me by cheque but it could take 30 days? So I can only assume you are referencing the credit due for the over charging on my current and only account?

Any further news Alan?

Anything new for me Alan?

Anything new for me Alan?
    Hi foxerv1

I have received final approval of credit for your previous account.

I would like to discus the discount issues on your new account so if you could PM me a good time to reach you I'll call.

Thanks
    AL

Hi foxerv1

I have received final approval of credit for your previous account.

I would like to discus the discount issues on your new account so if you could PM me a good time to reach you I'll call.

Thanks
    AL

PM sent Alan

Hi Alan, I PM'd you a time, however after 12.30 every day suits, alternatively after 6pm suits as well.

Hi Alan, I PM'd you a time, however after 12.30 every day suits, alternatively after 6pm suits as well.
    Hello foxerv1

I will contact you at 12.30 tomorrow (Friday the 22nd)

Cheers

Al

• Advertisement

Hello foxerv1

I will contact you at 12.30 tomorrow (Friday the 22nd)

Cheers

Al
    Still waiting for that call Alan. I appreciate the effort that you have put in up to now, but i am running out of patience at this stage.

Hi Alan, thanks for the quick call on Monday, however you never came back to me again? Can you or one of the other reps let me know exactly what is happening currently?

Hi Alan/Eircom reps,

Your silence on this matter is deafening. It should in no way, shape or form take 1 month to get a refund, simultaneously it should not be required to be issued by cheque.

Please issue any and all refunds by close of business February 3rd directly to the bank account it was taken from as the aforementioned cheque/s will no longer be sufficient.

Regards,

Foxerv1

Hi Eircom,

I trust this matter will be put to bed today, as requested?

Hi Eircom,

I trust this matter will be put to bed today, as requested?
    Hi foxerv1

Apologies for the delays,

I will call you to discus further at 12.40 today

Thanks
    Al

Hi foxerv1

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I never received that call from credit management, also the bill came out at €58.44.

You might come back to me and let me know what's happening please?

Hi foxerv1

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I never received that call from credit management, also the bill came out at €58.44.

You might come back to me and let me know what's happening please?
    Hi foxerv1

I see that cheque has been sent for processing and I can confirm that the bill was prepared before the credit and package i arranged to be applied was actually arranged. What time does it suit you to take a call so I can explain further?

Thanks
    Al

Hi foxerv1

I see that cheque has been sent for processing and I can confirm that the bill was prepared before the credit and package i arranged to be applied was actually arranged. What time does it suit you to take a call so I can explain further?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

No need to call as long as everything is taken care of, when can I expect the refund cheque to arrive? I assume the next bill will include a double credit for to incorporate the bill I just paid?

Regards,

Foxerv1

Hi foxerv1

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

No need to call as long as everything is taken care of, when can I expect the refund cheque to arrive? I assume the next bill will include a double credit for to incorporate the bill I just paid?

Regards,

Foxerv1
    Hi foxerv1

The cheque will arrive (within 30 days)

Your next bill will also include the overcharge for the period stated in the bill you recently received.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi foxerv1

The cheque will arrive (within 30 days)

Your next bill will also include the overcharge for the period stated in the bill you recently received.

Thanks
    Al

30 days seems an awfully long time for a cheque to make its way to me Al?

Advertisement