Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

district court - what to expect

Options
  • 29-12-2014 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I am currently waiting on a letter for my court date, relating to a public order charge (drunk & disorderly). I am wondering what to expect for my hearing in the district court and any tips/ advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

You should hire a solicitor. That's about the best advice that you can get.

If you hire a solicitor, he/she can answer all of your questions.

Legal advice is not permitted per forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fireball69

You should hire a solicitor. That's about the best advice that you can get.

If you hire a solicitor, he/she can answer all of your questions.

Legal advice is not permitted per forum charter.

Ok thanks, I was more so hoping to just hear from other peoples own experiences!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What are you alleged to have done?

keano25 wrote: »
    What are you alleged to have done?

Drunk in public, aggressive, non-compliant with gardai

• Advertisement

fireball69 wrote: »
    Drunk in public, aggressive, non-compliant with gardai

Are you going to contest or plead guilty?

Are you going to contest or plead guilty?

I plan on pleading guilty!

I'm guessing you were charged with section 4,6 and 8.

The fact your going to plead guilty most of the time goes down well with the judge. [blatant legal advice]

As your pleading guilty I wouldn't bother with a letter or solicitor, as they will only cost you more money.

I'd simply show up indicate you plan on pleading guilty to the judge and apologies for your behaviour.

The fact your going to plead guilty most of the time goes down well with the judge. [snip]

As your pleading guilty I wouldn't bother with a letter or solicitor, as they will only cost you more money.

I'd simply show up indicate you plan on pleading guilty to the judge and apologies for your behaviour.

Thanks for the above. Problem is I have been arrested twice before this, for basically the same thing, but managed to escape with a caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The fact your going to plead guilty most of the time goes down well with the judge. [blatant legal advice]

Mod:

There was a previous reminder on this thread that legal advice was not allowed.

OP, do not open any more threads on this subject.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement