Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumped by a Brazilian model

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

moneyman wrote: »
    This post really could not be more accurate.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with experience of Brazilians and their culture that the OP is not making this up.

My OH is Brazilian. I like to think she does not fit with the generalisations being bandied about here. We are nearly four years together and she is only emotionally volatile insofar as any woman is! And I should know...I am one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

This still going? Jasus. Ok you were dumped. Big deal. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

You've been in contact with her since at least the 29/12/2014 and nearly everyday since. Strange thread.

A couple of brief messages on the 29th, which was the first time she got back to me in about two weeks. The a couple of messages wishing each other a Happy New Year which ended with me asking to meet up with her. And then the more detailed message from her yesterday (which was the one you initially asked about), where she said wants to see me again. That despite all the issues between us that she is talking to me because she really enjoyed being with me. To which I replied telling her to take as much time as she needs etc.

I am happy enough to leave it with her. The door has been cracked open again and I reckon that the best thing to do is just give her space

This still going? Jasus. Ok you were dumped. Big deal. Move on.

But that's just it. It wasn't that I was dumped, it was the manner of how it happened that confused me so much. She went from being extremely passionate and being all over me and talking to each other constantly to absolutely nothing in a very short space of time. I am glad I didn't take the advice of people telling me to just move on, because I knew there was definitely something there and it seems I was right, as there may now be another chance to get it back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

bajer101 wrote: »
    But that's just it. It wasn't that I was dumped, it was the manner of how it happened that confused me so much. She went from being extremely passionate and being all over me and talking to each other constantly to absolutely nothing in a very short space of time. I am glad I didn't take the advice of people telling me to just move on, because I knew there was definitely something there and it seems I was right, as there may now be another chance to get it back on track.

Ok. What do you want me to say?

Show her this thread OP, she'll be enamoured.

Not as enamoured as she would be if I had of acceded to people's requests to post pictures of her and describe her work history and other private details about her life.

Ok. What do you want me to say?

Nothing. There's very little left to say - it has all been covered ad nauseum at this stage. I've left things with her and hopefully in a week or so she'll get back to me and we will go out and talk things over and take it from there. If that happens, I'll update the thread with the basics. Or if she gets back to me and says she doesn't want to see me again, I'll also update the thread accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

At that point she had found out you were broke.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jesus she ducked a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Nothing. There's very little left to say - it has all been covered ad nauseum at this stage. I've left things with her and hopefully in a week or so she'll get back to me and we will go out and talk things over and take it from there. If that happens, I'll update the thread with the basics. Or if she gets back to me and says she doesn't want to see me again, I'll also update the thread accordingly.

Grow a pair ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I expect traffic accidents from rubbernecking and a decline in addiction in Dublin when she appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

moneyman wrote: »
    The fact that an Irish guy dating a good looking Brazilian woman is so outlandish to you says more about you than it does about anyone else. There's nothing unbelievable about OP's story, to be honest. Seems like you're jealous to me.

You seem unnecessarily worked up about an apparent lie.

Im not really getting the hate either tbh. Ireland has changed a lot in the last 15 years and its for the better. Dublin is a very modern and diverse city. Irish guys dating good looking foreign women is fairly normal these days. Well it is in my group of friends anyway. My own gf of two years is Venezuelan (and stunning):pac: and I do get the occasional bit of grief over 'why couldn't you get an Irish girl? etc from our own but I am not with her for her looks. Shes extremely intelligent, caring and down to earth.

Our population in Ireland is about .0005 % of the global population so is it really that inconceivable that some Irish men are going to date foreign women? Going by this thread to many it is. Btw OP I dont know why the hell you came to AH for advice????

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Is it just me or is this thread filling up with miscers srs.

IN before wtf are you talking about!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Im not really getting the hate either tbh. Ireland has changed a lot in the last 15 years and its for the better. Dublin is a very modern and diverse city. Irish guys dating good looking foreign women is fairly normal these days. Well it is in my group of friends anyway. My own gf of two years is Venezuelan (and stunning):pac: and I do get the occasional bit of grief over 'why couldn't you get an Irish girl? etc from our own but I am not with her for her looks. Shes extremely intelligent, caring and down to earth.

Our population in Ireland is about .0005 % of the global population so is it really that inconceivable that some Irish men are going to date foreign women? Going by this thread to many it is.
    I would rather not date an Irish women of I could help it.
    It you married an none Irish person you could move to there country if it came to that. Where as some one in Ireland may not want to leave Ireland.

Our population in Ireland is about .0005 % of the global population so is it really that inconceivable that some Irish men are going to date foreign women? Going by this thread to many it is. Btw OP I dont know why the hell you came to AH for advice????

I didn't really create the thread looking for advice, but more as a way of just jotting it down to try and get some perspective on it as I was having difficulty getting my head around what had happened. But I am glad that I did create the thread in AH as I did indeed get some very good advice and explanations from people familiar with the differences in culture which helped me understand what happened. This has also potentially helped me to deal with things better if I do indeed get another chance.

Agree with you. My OH is Brazilian. We also have Greek, French and American/Italian in our family. I have Brazilian friends (who I met through OH) who have married Irish guys, had kids etc. They didn't run off when they got their visas...quelle surprise :) How boring the world would be if nobody every looked outside their own patch.

cena wrote: »
    I would rather not date an Irish women of I could help it.
    It you married an none Irish person you could move to there country if it came to that. Where as some one in Ireland may not want to leave Ireland.

That can go either way. We had a nightmare with INIS when she was trying to get her visa. Plus there is the issue of, in the future, where do you settle down? To me, I figure she was here when we met so there is more of an onus on her to stay here than for me to go there. There was, if you fancy, an implied assertion that the relationship would be conducted in the country it was established in :pac: Plus I f.ucking hate the place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

when he first started the thread, he was sure she was gone for good and therefore the story could be told without any risk to him

however there now seems to be a chance she is still interested and she could come back to him.

but he is keeping this spectacle going.

he is apparently a clever careful guy, by his own admission he has been involved with a scam baiting ring, he has checked her out extensively, he won't risk posting her personal details.
    but in a small country like ireland,. where there is probably just a few degrees of separation between everybody
    he still persists with this thread.
    risking that some brazilian who reads Boards.ie might just know this vision of beauty who has graced ireland with her presence

it it was me, and the woman of my dreams was coming back to me, i would want the thread to quietly die a death
    i would even bribe the mods big money to delete the thread completely.

but no he keeps it going

and he is totally impervious to critisism, unbelievably so in fact

This whole story is BOGUS

its probably just part of a social studies assignment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That can go either way. We had a nightmare with INIS when she was trying to get her visa. Plus there is the issue of, in the future, where do you settle down? To me, I figure she was here when we met so there is more of an onus on her to stay here than for me to go there. There was, if you fancy, an implied assertion that the relationship would be conducted in the country it was established in :pac: Plus I f.ucking hate the place :D
    Which place do you hate. Ireland?

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Which place do you hate. Ireland?

No, Brazil. Although I suspect that may have been more influenced by my experience with her right-wing, conservative, homophobic family of God botherers. I plan to return next year to give it another go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

God OP men like you are very boring. I'm surprised she drew it out for more than a few dates to be honest, such is the gloating and fawning and tripping over yourself that you seem to have been doing over her looks. She must enjoy the ego boost.

If she's that attractive she's probably had a life's worth of men turning into gormless monkeys around her and you're no different, with your relentless quest to win "the ultimate prize" despite the hilariously long list of red flags she has been flying since you first met her.

What you've described among all the wandering rhetoric about how "outrageously hot" this woman is, is someone who's flighty, flaky, headwreckingly hot and cold, emotionally unstable at best, creepily obsessed with your daughter's physical features, self important and potentially juggling many men at once, and you can barely understand a word she says. But she "makes you happy", so disregard all of the above and flag this dead horse of a relationship and all of the chaos it will bring into your and your daughter's stable life, because she makes your c0ck hard. Jesus. So bloody boring.

I like cake, cake makes me happy. But I'm not going to eat all the pies all day every day because that would make me fat, bloated and miserable.

I assume you consider yourself a rational, mature man? You're 46, a dedicated father, hard worker, you've come through your own emotional wars. So why are you reducing yourself to just another gormless muppet who can't see the wood for the trees and can't walk away from something toxic and headwrecking, and writing this woman off as "this really attractive but completely mental woman I dated this one time" and running for the hills, with a few lessons learned?

Instead you're fawning and high-fiving over her like some teenage school kid, rattling on about how she used to be a model and some junkie commented on her looks this one time (as junkies are wonton to do) or a group of men in a bar stared at her (as men in bars are wonton to do) or she's got an aRse you could bounce currency on, all the while making plans to harass her into a longterm relationship with you.

To be honest if some lad I was dating couldn't see passed my aRse or tits or face to the person that I actually am, unless I was severely emotionally damaged I would abort mission fast enough to make his head spin. Someone being hot and a bit exciting does not a relationship make. If someone asked me to describe my own OH, I'd ramble on about how funny he is, how honest and genuine, where he grew up, what he does for a living because that's what he is to me - my best mate and the most decent and smart and utterly lovely person I know wrapped up in the package of a ride of a man. Coz yeah he's hot and that attracted me. But that doesn't deserve its own pedestal because I am not twelve.

With all due respects, grow up.

lanos wrote: »
    when he first started the thread, he was sure she was gone for good and therefore the story could be told without any risk to him

however there now seems to be a chance she is still interested and she could come back to him.

but he is keeping this spectacle going.

he is apparently a clever careful guy, by his own admission he has been involved with a scam baiting ring, he has checked her out extensively, he won't risk posting her personal details.
    but in a small country like ireland,. where there is probably just a few degrees of separation between everybody
    he still persists with this thread.
    risking that some brazilian who reads Boards.ie might just know this vision of beauty who has graced ireland with her presence

it it was me, and the woman of my dreams was coming back to me, i would want the thread to quietly die a death
    i would even bribe the mods big money to delete the thread completely.

but no he keeps it going

and he is totally impervious to critisism, unbelievably so in fact

This whole story is BOGUS

its probably just part of a social studies assignment

A social experiment in what exactly? How to drive AH keyboard warriors apoplectic with the suggestion that a middle aged duffer could have dated some exotic beauty? I have not been impervious to criticism. I got red carded for one of my replies and I have taken on board a lot of the valid criticism and advice. But I have basically ignored the nonsense posts like yours that just keep banging on about how the story is not true. Because those posts don't bother me in the slightest. It is the equivalent of someone refusing to believe a scientific fact. Their refusal to believe it will never alter the fact that it is true.
    No, Brazil. Although I suspect that may have been more influenced by my experience with her right-wing, conservative, homophobic family of God botherers. I plan to return next year to give it another go :)

I have noticed the overly religious aspect too. It's a bit unnerving tbh. I also got a smack of homophobia - albeit very slight, but it surprised me considering she seems to have a lot of homosexual friends and is generally a very warm and tolerant person. But she seemed genuinely surprised to discover that I had gay friends!
    beks101 wrote: »
    God OP men like you are very boring. I'm surprised she drew it out for more than a few dates to be honest, such is the gloating and fawning and tripping over yourself that you seem to have been doing over her looks. She must enjoy the ego boost.

If she's that attractive she's probably had a life's worth of men turning into gormless monkeys around her and you're no different, with your relentless quest to win "the ultimate prize" despite the hilariously long list of red flags she has been flying since you first met her.

What you've described among all the wandering rhetoric about how "outrageously hot" this woman is, is someone who's flighty, flaky, headwreckingly hot and cold, emotionally unstable at best, creepily obsessed with your daughter's physical features, self important and potentially juggling many men at once, and you can barely understand a word she says. But she "makes you happy", so disregard all of the above and flag this dead horse of a relationship and all of the chaos it will bring into your and your daughter's stable life, because she makes your c0ck hard. Jesus. So bloody boring.

I like cake, cake makes me happy. But I'm not going to eat all the pies all day every day because that would make me fat, bloated and miserable.

I assume you consider yourself a rational, mature man? You're 46, a dedicated father, hard worker, you've come through your own emotional wars. So why are you reducing yourself to just another gormless muppet who can't see the wood for the trees and can't walk away from something toxic and headwrecking, and writing this woman off as "this really attractive but completely mental woman I dated this one time" and running for the hills, with a few lessons learned?

Instead you're fawning and high-fiving over her like some teenage school kid, rattling on about how she used to be a model and some junkie commented on her looks this one time (as junkies are wonton to do) or a group of men in a bar stared at her (as men in bars are wonton to do) or she's got an aRse you could bounce currency on, all the while making plans to harass her into a longterm relationship with you.

To be honest if some lad I was dating couldn't see passed my aRse or tits or face to the person that I actually am, unless I was severely emotionally damaged I would abort mission fast enough to make his head spin. Someone being hot and a bit exciting does not a relationship make. If someone asked me to describe my own OP, I'd ramble on about how funny he is, how honest and genuine, where he grew up, what he does for a living because that's what he is to me - my best mate and the most decent and smart and utterly lovely person I know wrapped up in the package of a ride of a man. Coz yeah he's hot and that attracted me. But that doesn't deserving its own pedestal because I am not twelve.

There is a lot of truth in your post and thank you for taking to time to write it. It is well thought out and written and you make a lot of valid points which I agree with and I absolutely have no problem taking on board what you have said. Most of what you have said, I have already told myself.

But I have to disagree with you on a few things. While I have described her physical appearance in the way I have, that does not mean that that is how I perceive her. I was just describing her appearance. When I met her initially, it was all I saw and I fully expected her to be a shallow gold-digger just looking for a sugar daddy. I was sure she would prove to be nothing more than a bit of fun and distraction, but that is not what happened. I became genuinely very attracted to her on a deeper level in a very short space of time. My last relationship of 2+ years was to a Polish girl and one of the reasons that fizzled out was due to the communication barrier. Not being able to share properly and fully the subtleties of our day was a problem (although there were other issues). I found myself sharing and talking more with this girl and overcoming the language barrier easier. I could be completely wrong here and it may have just been that she came along at a time when I was emotionally open again, and that she is in fact nothing more than a glorified infatuation - I suspect this may be true. But it is not an infatuation based on physical lust. As I've said a few times now, the reason I started the thread was to try and get a handle on what happened. Not just on why she seemed to be attracted to me, but moreso to try and work out wtf was going on with me! I'm normally very level-headed and was never a womaniser or a guy who would gawp at women.

Thanks again for you post as it has been one of the few that has helped me work things out. I will try again with her as I am still very interested in her, but I imagine that it will start to fade quite quickly once the reality does start to hit home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

is that you Brian ??

if it is you aren't as anonymous as you might think ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

To be honest if some lad I was dating couldn't see passed my aRse or tits or face to the person that I actually am, unless I was severely emotionally damaged I would abort mission fast enough to make his head spin. Someone being hot and a bit exciting does not a relationship make. If someone asked me to describe my own OP, I'd ramble on about how funny he is, how honest and genuine, where he grew up, what he does for a living because that's what he is to me - my best mate and the most decent and smart and utterly lovely person I know wrapped up in the package of a ride of a man. Coz yeah he's hot and that attracted me. But that doesn't deserving its own pedestal because I am not twelve.

F*cking awesome post and I'd love it forever if I wasn't completely sure the OP was just trying to sharpen his (intermediate at best) scambaiting skills in AH. Unfortunately, you're giving him what he's after.

But I still really like the post.

I'm so conflicted.

I have noticed the overly religious aspect too. It's a bit unnerving tbh.

Really, can you elaborate a bit

Did she force you to go to mass ?
    Does she practice self flagellation
    Does she abstain from sex before marriage ?

What is so unnerving about her religious practices ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

She might have been an illegal alien OP, you are now carrying her spawn in your middle ear.

OP was just trying to sharpen his (intermediate at best) scambaiting skills in AH.

Very good theory
    You may very well have nailed it

the_monkey wrote: »
    is that you Brian ??

if it is you aren't as anonymous as you might think ..

Nope, afraid not. But hang on, does this mean that there is someone else out there who has had a similar experience? A lot of people on here have difficulty accepting that this could happen to one person, let alone two!
    F*cking awesome post and I'd love it forever if I wasn't completely sure the OP was just trying to sharpen his (intermediate at best) scambaiting skills in AH. Unfortunately, you're giving him what he's after.

But I still really like the post.

I'm so conflicted.

It is a great post and cuts to the core of a lot of the issues. I particularly like her description of what a real relationship should be all about and I absolutely concur. But I am not trying to sharpen my scam baiting skills. That was a previous chapter of my life and I haven't engaged in it in a long time. It is just too time consuming.
    Really, can you elaborate a bit

Did she force you to go to mass ?
    Does she practice self flagellation
    Does she abstain from sex before marriage ?

No, nothing like that. Just seems to be a culture that has an unquestioning belief in God. A bit like Southern States in America, or Ireland of yesteryear. It's a bit unnerving because it is seems to be a culture where the concept of atheism would be viewed as very strange or suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

To be honest if some lad I was dating couldn't see passed my aRse or tits or face to the person that I actually am, unless I was severely emotionally damaged I would abort mission fast enough to make his head spin. Someone being hot and a bit exciting does not a relationship make. If someone asked me to describe my own OH, I'd ramble on about how funny he is, how honest and genuine, where he grew up, what he does for a living because that's what he is to me - my best mate and the most decent and smart and utterly lovely person I know wrapped up in the package of a ride of a man. Coz yeah he's hot and that attracted me. But that doesn't deserve its own pedestal because I am not twelve.

See Beks I tried to say exactly that before but you said it so much better!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Agree with you. My OH is Brazilian. We also have Greek, French and American/Italian in our family. I have Brazilian friends (who I met through OH) who have married Irish guys, had kids etc. They didn't run off when they got their visas...quelle surprise :) How boring the world would be if nobody every looked outside their own patch.
    +1 and it would be my humble it's often a better bet for Irish folks to look beyond their local patch. IME we seem to be quite a good fit for many cultures, particularly the more Latin ones. And we tend to do better for ourselves beyond our shores. Oh and I include Irish women in this one too, though fewer seem to go that route for some reason. Both the men and women I've known who've dated/ended up with foreign folks have upgraded from their usual local fare. I think it's our sense of humour which has a lot to do with it, that and we're generally easy going as a culture and take ourselves less seriously than some. Again both Irish women and Irish men.
    I'd be in full agreement with Beks here I have to say. If a woman has been seen and pointed out as more beautiful from her peers from an early age, the chances of daft behaviour are much more likely. Why? She can get away with it. Like the spoiled child who has a tantrum. People will react to her differently, in both good and bad ways, but mostly to the overall good, at least on the surface. They're more likely to be demanding, more likely to be daft and tend to live in a bubble of their own wonderfulness as they've had enough simps fawn over them to make this seem like reality. Worst of all they are more likely to be narcissistic, as they know, either consciously(if they've a brain) or subconsciously(if they're thickos) that their looks are what gets the goods, what smooths life's passage for them. I don't blame them. Unless they have a very good handle on their internal dialogue from an early age(and few of us do), their reality is quite different.

Now when such beauties hit their 30's and 40's that stuff can go south rapidly. She's still getting some attention, but because of a stunted developmental stage, she's less and less bringing much to the table and the attention is getting less and less too, particularly from men she actually seeks out*.

In short; a helluva lot of hard work. Grand for a fling, grand for some sugar daddy arm candy(which is why quite the number of actually pretty women in their 30's are with guys in their 50's with some cash behind them), but long term, equal relationship not nearly so much. You will get tired of looking at her(and another verb) and then what have you left? Unless she has an actual human personality behind the coin bounce bottom, then... Plus for waaaaay too many men they will project a real human personality on to such women, to justify their baser feelings. As someone(apologies, can't recall who) who very wisely asked and I'm paraphrasing here "would you take this kind of behaviour and hot/cold stuff from Mary from Meath who was plainer?" Nope, you wouldn't.

TO take that further? If you want to get Miss Brazil more engaged with you? Treat her like Mary from Meath. Treat her like a human being. And be prepared to walk away if she doesn't act like one. If she knows you will act like this, then you've just marked yourself out as the unusual man in her life. Her ex you mentioned, with the ma who does his pleading? Sounds like a right simp. I'll bet he keeps her attention because he's either of the same looks level as her, jumps her like his life depended on it or more likely is just as emotionally hot and cold as she is, so keeps her interested, because it's more attention and Mexican soap opera stuff.

IME very beautiful women tend to have quite the checkered relationship history and often far less successful compared to her more average looking peers. They're more likely to end up with arseholes, because a) arseholes are more likely to approach them and b) arseholes will give her the impression of a genuine man who will walk away is they get badly treated. Oh and BTW I'm not saying this is the case with all very beautiful women. Not at all. Those who are intelligent and emotionally clued in, those who grow into their looks from an awkward teenage phase, those from different cultures etc are far less likely to be nearly so flaky.

Still, she sounds like way more trouble than she's worth. Going by your descriptions anyway B. Like I said, fine for a flingette, but long term? Nope. And at 35 she should well have her inner dialogue and act sorted.

*Just my humble, but this is a very common mistake men(and sometimes even women) make about women in general, but very good looking women in particular. They see them getting lots of attention of a night out, lots of ArseBook "likes" and Tinder swipes and think "oh she has the pick of the bunch". Nope, what she has is more attention, but not necessarily the attention she wants. She may have quantity in spades, but quality may be low, even lower than plainer folks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

A brazilian christian is not like an Irish christian. A Brazilian christians often do not accept evolution for example. They are more like bible thumpers from the usa. It can be quite frustrating dealing with someone like that :)

This is partly to do with my earlier point about education - the education system in Brasil is very poor. And you will find many unquestioning bible thumpers there, and among the community here. It can be a bit more extreme than irish catholicism.

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1 and it would be my humble it's often a better bet for Irish folks to look beyond their local patch. IME we seem to be quite a good fit for many cultures, particularly the more Latin ones. And we tend to do better for ourselves beyond our shores. Oh and I include Irish women in this one too, though fewer seem to go that route for some reason. Both the men and women I've known who've dated/ended up with foreign folks have upgraded from their usual local fare. I think it's our sense of humour which has a lot to do with it, that and we're generally easy going as a culture and take ourselves less seriously than some. Again both Irish women and Irish men.

I'd be in full agreement with Beks here I have to say. If a woman has been seen and pointed out as more beautiful from her peers from an early age, the chances of daft behaviour are much more likely. Why? She can get away with it. Like the spoiled child who has a tantrum. People will react to her differently, in both good and bad ways, but mostly to the overall good, at least on the surface. They're more likely to be demanding, more likely to be daft and tend to live in a bubble of their own wonderfulness as they've had enough simps fawn over them to make this seem like reality. Worst of all they are more likely to be narcissistic, as they know, either consciously(if they've a brain) or subconsciously(if they're thickos) that their looks are what gets the goods, what smooths life's passage for them. I don't blame them. Unless they have a very good handle on their internal dialogue from an early age(and few of us do), their reality is quite different.

Now when such beauties hit their 30's and 40's that stuff can go south rapidly. She's still getting some attention, but because of a stunted developmental stage, she's less and less bringing much to the table and the attention is getting less and less too, particularly from men she actually seeks out*.

In short; a helluva lot of hard work. Grand for a fling, grand for some sugar daddy arm candy(which is why quite the number of actually pretty women in their 30's are with guys in their 50's with some cash behind them), but long term, equal relationship not nearly so much. You will get tired of looking at her(and another verb) and then what have you left? Unless she has an actual human personality behind the coin bounce bottom, then... Plus for waaaaay too many men they will project a real human personality on to such women, to justify their baser feelings. As someone(apologies, can't recall who) who very wisely asked and I'm paraphrasing here "would you take this kind of behaviour and hot/cold stuff from Mary from Meath who was plainer?" Nope, you wouldn't.

TO take that further? If you want to get Miss Brazil more engaged with you? Treat her like Mary from Meath. Treat her like a human being. And be prepared to walk away if she doesn't act like one. If she knows you will act like this, then you've just marked yourself out as the unusual man in her life. Her ex you mentioned, with the ma who does his pleading? Sounds like a right simp. I'll bet he keeps her attention because he's either of the same looks level as her, jumps her like his life depended on it or more likely is just as emotionally hot and cold as she is, so keeps her interested, because it's more attention and Mexican soap opera stuff.

IME very beautiful women tend to have quite the checkered relationship history and often far less successful compared to her more average looking peers. They're more likely to end up with arseholes, because a) arseholes are more likely to approach them and b) arseholes will give her the impression of a genuine man who will walk away is they get badly treated. Oh and BTW I'm not saying this is the case with all very beautiful women. Not at all. Those who are intelligent and emotionally clued in, those who grow into their looks from an awkward teenage phase, those from different cultures etc are far less likely to be nearly so flaky.

Still, she sounds like way more trouble than she's worth. Going by your descriptions anyway B. Like I said, fine for a flingette, but long term? Nope. And at 35 she should well have her inner dialogue and act sorted.

*Just my humble, but this is a very common mistake men(and sometimes even women) make about women in general, but very good looking women in particular. They see them getting lots of attention of a night out, lots of ArseBook "likes" and Tinder swipes and think "oh she has the pick of the bunch". Nope, what she has is more attention, but not necessarily the attention she wants. She may have quantity in spades, but quality may be low, even lower than plainer folks.

Thanks Wibbs. Your posts have definitely been amongst the ones that I paid attention to. I got to thinking what it must be like to go through life constantly being told that you are beautiful, etc. Men just wanting you and the only relationships you have are based on being a trophy. Must be a very shallow existence and hard to deal with. Very hard to form a real meaningful relationship after a life of that. But as you say, age does inevitably kick in - especially for latin women. "For the girl with the hourglass figure, time runs out very fast."

This has probably been an exercise in writing down what happened and then getting the feedback to reaffirm what I already knew was true. If I took one lesson from this, it is that us men can still be fúckin eejits no matter how old or mature we'd like to think we are. Never too old to learn. But still...She ignited something in me and got under my skin, but I do reckon she is a good person. I don't regret it and it was definitely a life experience that I will never forget and will probably always cherish - much more so than common sense tells me that I should. I've been an emotional wreck for the last few weeks due to other much more serious factors in my life and that probably left me open to this. But I'm still glad it happened. I'd rather experience this sort of stuff than not.

I feel very much that when we talk of love we cannot and should not rule out the innate and unquenched longing of the human heart and as we age Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

I feel very much that when we talk of love we cannot and should not rule out the innate and unquenched longing of the human heart and as we age Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

And you wonder why the only time hot exotic people approached you for sex wanted money! When it comes to talking dirty in bed, Latin rarely cuts it. Top tip - If you are going to use Latin in the bedroom, best to leave it at Biggus Dickus and hope s/he doesn't laugh. But thanks, you made me smile. You seem like a decent fella.

And you wonder why the only time hot exotic people approached you for sex wanted money! When it comes to talking dirty in bed, Latin rarely cuts it. Top tip - If you are going to use Latin in the bedroom, best to leave it at Biggus Dickus and hope s/he doesn't laugh. But thanks, you made me smile. You seem like a decent fella.

You made my day! "Hot exotic people"! The Romans made out alright if what I saw in Pompeii is anything to go by!:D I'm actually quite indecent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Biggus Dickus would be more understandable latin for a start.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Biggus Dickus would be more understandable latin for a start.

My Latin is not the Mae West at this stage and I gave up very early in the post, but A- for the effort. It's a handy honour in the leaving. (There's a joke in there somewhere).

After a lot of thinking and a little bit of time, I think I may be coming to an end of this little episode. I've realised that one of the reasons why I started the thread was to try and keep alive the feeling and to maybe feel one last goodbye to an experience that really hit me. Call me a sad bastard loser if you want, but I certainly don't consider myself that.

if anyone wants to post again to just slag me off, or to say that this thread is spoof, I don't really have time for it, but if you want to persist with it lodge a €k in escrow with The Irish Cancer Society and I will prove it all to independent mods. If I fail to prove it, I will give you the €1k. But, I really have no interest in this. Just stop please.

Thanks again to the people who listened and who offered constructive criticism and advice. And thanks to the people who PM'd me. And a little bit of advice to everyone - even when you hit 46 you will still be capable of falling in love.

And a little bit of advice to everyone - even when you hit 46 you will still be capable of falling in love.
    Fair play B, I ran that tank dry by 39. Affection, fondness? Yea, but love? Nope. #jadedreductionistbastid. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

No need to thank me, I was just doing my job. It's what us hot ladies do when we're not busy looking awesome the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Perhaps my decidedly average sized penis may have been a problem. This girl could have any man. She was sex on legs. I'm normally fairly handy in bed, but I was a shaking wreck with her. It was impossible not to be.

I think you have just found the answer to your situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think this is blown out of all proportion. She might be good looking but she showed a freaky obsession with your kid and other pictures (can't remember full details). Like, she is only human and you may not even have got on long term together. The fact that she left you hanging has given you a hard on and a fantasy type thing happening. You said she did a bit of modeling, did she even have a proper career here? You might have been lonely and she filled a hole so to speak. All you can do is contact her and tell her how you feel, other than that the internet is full of boobilicious females. (Pm me) (Joke)

Where do you go for validation after your brazilion gf is gone? Who can make you feel that special ever again? How can I grab everybody's attention now? I don't know. I don't know :(

My new song lyrics right there

Overflow wrote: »
    I think you have just found the answer to your situation.

Maybe, and quite possible. But I don't think so. Either way, it is not a topic to be discussed even on an anonymous forum.

Maybe, and quite possible. But I don't think so. Either way, it is not a topic to be discussed even on an anonymous forum.

LMAO. You posted it first on an anonymous forum. Call it a day man and ride off into the sunset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Could someone summarise in 20 words or less what happened in the last 20 pages. Did it develop into high jinx and shenanigans?

I read somewhere once op, that everyone we meet offers us a reflection of ourselves. It might be that this woman represented the ideals you have aspired to be and showed you a glimmer of the kind of love you yourself are capable of being or having in this otherwise miserable existence. It was beautiful and perfect and no doubt it tasted good. We at AH salute you sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This thread is going a while, any chance someone posted pics of this Brazilians Brazilian yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I dated a brazilian model for a while, we went on two dates and I found her to be boring. Every question I asked her was replied with monosyllabic answers like yes, no etc.

She was not the best in the scratcher either. So i got rid of her after two dates. My friends say I was mad but if you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

pharmaton wrote: »
    I've always had this problem op, only me being the exceptionally hot woman in the scenario. I've never been able to have a stable or loving relationship as my beauty makes all manner of men freak men out and they loose the plot with themselves in my presence.

It's always been this way and eventually I tired of the constant stares everytime I walked into a bar or when doing simple everyday tasks like bending over the frozen goods aisles and buying toilet paper in lidl. It got so bad I stopped finding men attractive, I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle they came with. It was like trying to communicate with the inhabitants of monkey island and I began seeing men as lacking the intellect that might interest me as a human being. I'm just a normal person trapped in an insanely beautiful female form and I just want to be loved for who I am.

Is that you Sligo Mary size 16 ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement