Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cesaro thread *potential spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The swing was a cool move that people liked to cheer. But so is the RKO. So, should Randy lose the RKO when he's heel?

When the swing was taken, Cesaro was at a stage where he was a cool heel, a heel people wanted to cheer. He probably could have been turned face at this stage very successfully if handled right.

No they can't take the RKO off him (a bit like when The Rock kept the people's elbow even tho he was heel) but they did tweak Orton and stopped him doing the Ledgend killer pose etc,

IF Cesaro was turned face the swing would have been an excellent move too try and get him over but as soon as they decided he would remain heel they had no choice but too take it off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have a tag-team name has to be a good thing..Doesn't it?

"Masters of the WWE Universe"

https://twitter.com/KiddWWE/status/548703093932965889/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brock doing limited dates. I can handle that.
    Cena headlining PPV's in 2015. Ditto.
    Zigglers top billing going back to the IC scene. Ok.
    Ambrose losing momentum. Fine.

But the Cesaro treatment is the one that p*sses me off more than anything else. Here is a guy that people liked. They did. I don't care about the 'investment connection' whatever. He did cool stuff and was a strong bad ass that grown men could enjoy. He beat the World Champ Randy Orton clean and then went into the main event at Elimination Chamber where he did not look out of place. He won the battle royal to a massive ovation and the crowd lost it, you can see it on his Tron. Sticking him with Heyman was a weird one but the fact it was Paul talking about Brock non stop and not Cesaro, all the while discouraging Cesaro not to do the swing was a perfect chance to go from tweener to babyface. By just ignoring this manager who was more interested in his other client and doing the swing (and so listening to the crowd), he would have formed the bond. Even more so if he did the swing on Heyman. The final straw for me was when he did the fake joining Team Authority. Stupidest thing I've seen in ages and a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I can only imagine how angry he must have been when Vince practically p*ssed all over him during the Austin podcast. Talk about writing somebodies faith.

He fits perfectly in place him along the lines of your Zigglers, Rollins' and Ambroses. The guy clearly has the talent to get over just give him that big chance and don't cut it down the second it gets going. It is sooo F'n easy.

So many stamps (Andre tournament, Heyman guy etc.etc) to make him a big deal but it was all balls no johnson on the part of creative. Like Rollins and Wyatt he needed a top end fued for him to be seen as a true upper card talent.

IMHO too perfect chances to have him sniffing around the main event were squandered. 1st-When he was Heyman's guy make him the guy that did all of Brock's dirty work whilst he wasn't about. Brock lite if you get what I mean.

2nd- Make him the Kane of the authority. He has the presence to be a heavy and would have been much more inviting than Kane which nobody bought or liked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kane was perfect for the Authority role he had. He looked like a fool on a regular basis, was beaten repeatedly. It didn't matter though as his career is coming to an end.

Cesaro would have looked bad in such a role.

Cesaro's best spot was with Heyman but I genuinely believe that other factors with people going missing played a part in him being forgotten. Its not good enough but WWE work that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Whatever happens I hope he doesn't become publicly disgruntled and start half-assing all he does.

Had enough of that with Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

paulosam wrote: »
    Also NXT is so far removed from the main shows that I think its pointless to say "he was good there, so why can't he blood here?" because the pressures on performers are incredibly different.

The only tools I've seen Cesaro display on the main roster are strength and wrestling ability, which aren't exactly rare commodities in today's era. Can't recall a single memorable promo or angle. Hopefully he can find something that clicks, but it's looking less and less likely IMO.

Agree with this. Tbh I haven't watched much NXT but when I have I wasn't bowled over by any personalities. So many good wrestlers but the show is targeted at a certain crowd. Sasha Banks stood out more than most of the lads as she showed she had character.
    Cesaro & Kidd are a brutally uncharismatic pairing on wwe main show tv. He-man references.....ok lads 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Whatever happens I hope he doesn't become publicly disgruntled and start half-assing all he does.

Had enough of that with Punk.

I dunno, I'd have a more negative view of Punk (even post-Cabana podcast) than most I'd say, and one thing I felt never dropped for him was his performance. If anything perceived negative treatment seemed to put him in eff you mode and motivate him to prove he's better than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any thoughts on Cesaro's promo on Raw. Loved the cerebral Raven style chat in the corner. Really thought he was going for it when he start mentioning the 'connection' and how 2014 should have been his years. Then they roll out the returning BNB to go over him. F This Company!!! They love a tease.

They gave him a shot and I thought he did well, that gimmick could be the making of him. But the fact he botched during the key line of a 2-minute promo is ammo for his detractors and may hurt him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

leggo wrote: »
    They gave him a shot and I thought he did well, that gimmick could be the making of him. But the fact he botched during the key line of a 2-minute promo is ammo for his detractors and may hurt him.

He corrected himself and English isn't his first language. Wasn't a big deal imo.

He should be getting more chances to talk, then if he keeps making mistakes he would rightfully get criticised.

A slip of the tongue has to be forgiven a lot quicker than a **** up during a match for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

roman reigns has messed up his lines plenty of times and what cesaro said was nowhere near as bad. Hopefully this is the start of him becoming more involved. I'd like to see a bnb and cesaro feud now actually we know they would put on very good matches

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DM_7 wrote: »
    He should be getting more chances to talk, then if he keeps making mistakes he would rightfully get criticised.

A slip of the tongue has to be forgiven a lot quicker than a **** up during a match for example.

I know it is a thing for most people speaking another language but Cesaro/Claudio has always mixed up words in kind of an endearing way. Allison Danger once his roommate told a story how he would always come up with silly jokes as a result of it. The one I remember and use is.
    What's bigger than a Christmas tree?

A Christmas four

18890%20-%20The_JBL_Show%20cesaro%20laughing%20smiling%20suit%20wwe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

A terrible promo. And I'm not even talking about the mistake he made, that can happen to anyone but in general it was very poor.

However WWE should not be giving him a mic to talk for minutes on end like that. Play to peoples strengths WWE. A couple of words at most then let him do his thing inside the ring.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He corrected himself and English isn't his first language. Wasn't a big deal imo.

I agree and laughed when he made a joke of it, it was a good cover, but some people could see it as him flinching with his chance to shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ryback blundered through his promo as badly as Cesaro did. Stuttered about 4 times.

I would enjoy a Uso v Kidd & Cesaro feud

FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will he ever get a decent singles push or move to Nxt or AEW?

Is it finally his time for a world title reign, Summerslam build against Reigns could do him good

• Advertisement

To AEW or back to WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He always had the potential, it just needed somebody to direct him properly.

Advertisement