Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I download Windows 8 cd?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I've been looking around and my friends computer is broken. He doesn't have the cds that came with the computer.

It's using the "home" edition of win8 - I can't find anything on the ms website.

On a wing and a prayer here - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

euser1984 wrote: »
    I've been looking around and my friends computer is broken. He doesn't have the cds that came with the computer.

It's using the "home" edition of win8 - I can't find anything on the ms website.

On a wing and a prayer here - thanks.

http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

Assuming you have the product key(under the laptop) follow these steps on a different laptop and burn the iso image to cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Darren 83 wrote: »
    http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

Assuming you have the product key(under the laptop) follow these steps on a different laptop and burn the iso image to cd.

Fair play for that - thanks a million. Did you just use a google search for that or are you using duck duck go?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

There might be a recovery partition on the hdd.
    Google factory recovery for the make and model he has.
    might be lucky

Fair play for that - thanks a million. Did you just use a google search for that or are you using duck duck go?

I had a the same problem with my laptop.

I had the same problem with my laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muslimstudent

Its legal to download software that hasn't been pirated. All software companies have downloadable software.

It is illegal to download any software, legal or not and install it with cracked keys.

Its legal to download software that hasn't been pirated. All software companies have downloadable software.

It is illegal to download any software, legal or not and install it with cracked keys.

Who said anything about cracked keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muslimstudent

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Who said anything about cracked keys?

euser84 asked about google or duck duck go, which is a search engine that doesn't keep internet logs.

I assumed that he thought downloading win 8 from that site was illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Got this sorted after having a few headaches with this new UEFI stuff. I didn't get that howtogeek link when I was googling!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

There is no need to go the illegal route. Microsoft provide downloads for Windows 8 as long as you have a ligit licence to start with :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement