Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about long unused Nokia 6100.

Options
  • 29-12-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭

Hi.

My mother was given an old Nokia 6100 phone by her friend that has no need for it.

I think it has a SIM card inside - I've no idea about how to remove it though (it's underneath the battery behind a metal piece - looks something like this: http://www.mobile-review.com/review/image/nokia/3100/pic4.jpg.

The PIN (default is 12345), PUK codes and phone number are unknown.

Is it a lost cause?

Could I buy a new SIM card and still use the phone as a handy spare?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

In that picture you press the tab on the right hand side towards the left, it will lift up like a gate on a hinge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Personally I'd get something that take the same sim size as your current phone, and has the same charger. As a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

Davy wrote: »
    In that picture you press the tab on the right hand side towards the left, it will lift up like a gate on a hinge

Hi Davy.

Which color arrow is the correct direction that the cage opens?

333094.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Davy.

Which color arrow is the correct direction that the cage opens?

Red.

It opens from the tab on the left of the green, you see their is a curve in the plastic for your finger and its hinged on the left side closest to the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

Davy wrote: »
    Red.

It opens from the tab on the left of the green, you see their is a curve in the plastic for your finger and its hinged on the left side closest to the blue.

Ah yes. I was trying to lift it up directly. Going the direction of the red arrow - you need to kind of push in and downwards like you said.

Cheers Davy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Getting codes, etc for it is probably no problem, there will be sites online that can pull them out for you if you supply the IMEI.

Your biggest issue is the fact that it's a 10+ year old battery, so it'll likely hold very little charge, if any. So as a handy spare it might be useless, though no harm in checking it out.

Advertisement